Concert in Arundel - 15 May 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Ahhh! I'm hyperventilating! Josh has a little brother/cousin!!!!!!!!!! Ahh!

... I am a sad person :D

Yes a mini Josh!
libera36

Post by libera36 »

dani wrote:Any questions and i will do my best to answer them.l
Matthew Madine? That wasn't really a question... :lol:

Was there a signing after the concert?

EDIT: Does he look like a Mini-Josh?
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

dani wrote:Any questions and i will do my best to answer them.l
So pretty much there were no meet and greets, right? I am sorry to hear that the concert had some inconsistencies.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Nope i am afraid no meet and greet. Jus came out and they posed on stage so you could take photos. Did not see what mini josh looked like as too many on stage.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Oh also forgot to add that we all qued from about 2pm. They opened doors about 7:30pm and thry had screwed over fans who had spent hours queing. They had let parents, family and friends fill first 6 rows. Few seats hear and there but basically all full. It was a fan event so why they did this is beyond me. We paid and qued and yet got fcked over. A lot of fans found it a pretty disgusting trick as we had no clue till we got inside so hours wasted queing when we had no chance of first few rows.
Last edited by dani on Sat May 15, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Interesting thoughts, dani. Thanks for sharing them. I've not heard of Libera pre-recording their voices and playing them back during a live concert. At least not to the appreciable degree were you determine that they are actually miming? How bad was this?

They normally do a great sanctus. I've heard a live sanctus from them before and it was harmony & note perfect. Maybe they did reach a plateau a few years ago, and I suppose with 37 (including lots more newbies) it might take some time to settle them into a 'libera' standard routine.

You mentioned that Stefan and Ralph were on form tonight, and they've only been on the Libera concert books for the past year or so. So maybe in time, they will be able to iron out any teething problems. I suspect there were some nerves showing from the newbies tonight.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Jimmy i know they dont normally mime but Time was too identical to studio recording. Its a tough song to sing and maybe they copped out as Bens voice is changing and Joshs voice has complety broke.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:They had let parents, family and friends fill first 6 rows. Few seats hear and there but basically all full.
Libera have reserved front row seats for family and friends at other concerts before. Normally this only takes the first two rows, but maybe with the 37 strong choir, they had lots more seats to reserve this time.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:They had let parents, family and friends fill first 6 rows. Few seats hear and there but basically all full.
Libera have reserved front row seats for family and friends at other concerts before. Normally this only takes the first two rows, but maybe with the 37 strong choir, they had lots more seats to reserve this time.

Thanks for info as last year some parents qued as i stood in front of thrm so i ddnt know they reserved seats.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I'm creating a "master post" on my website, and I'll update as more news and reviews comes in: http://theliberadatabase.weebly.com/news.html
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

libera36 wrote:I'm creating a "master post" on my website, and I'll update as more news and reviews comes in: http://theliberadatabase.weebly.com/news.html
Thanks for posting the link. So, Mini-James and Ralph on "When a Knight"? Interesting...And it seems like a lot of newbies were present.

How did Josh and Ben sound? I would think that Josh's voice would have pretty much fully broken by now, but what about Ben?
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

plumpuff6 wrote:
libera36 wrote:I'm creating a "master post" on my website, and I'll update as more news and reviews comes in: http://theliberadatabase.weebly.com/news.html
Thanks for posting the link. So, Mini-James and Ralph on "When a Knight"? Interesting...And it seems like a lot of newbies were present.

How did Josh and Ben sound? I would think that Josh's voice would have pretty much fully broken by now, but what about Ben?
You did not hear him apart from on Time as far as i can remember. Ben's voice is slowly changing but he did ok on what he had to do.

Have to praise the powers that be as we got better programmes this time around which was a lot nicer.
alicealc

Post by alicealc »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Sorry to not post in both french and english, it's too cold and winddy here to stay too long outside.
Have a look on the french forum and use Google translator to have a few pre-concert informations and photos ;)

http://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/co" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 246-15.htm
thanks for the report, fan_de_LoK
wow, there are a lot of new boys, and Josh has a little brother :)
so apparently Ed has really left the group.. well, hoping the best for him then. he still my favorite Libera soloist :)
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Dani- Interesting note on "Time". In the Philippines, Alex and Ralph sang the verses together with Josh. How about Arundel? Was it a complete solo?

In any concert, first few rows are always reserved for special guests. But I haven't heard of first 6 rows being reserved. In the Carlos P. Romulo auditorium where they held their Philippine concerts, though, I wouldn't mind sitting after the 6th row.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

phlibera wrote:Dani- Interesting note on "Time". In the Philippines, Alex and Ralph sang the verses together with Josh. How about Arundel? Was it a complete solo?

In any concert, first few rows are always reserved for special guests. But I haven't heard of first 6 rows being reserved. In the Carlos P. Romulo auditorium where they held their Philippine concerts, though, I wouldn't mind sitting after the 6th row.
As far as im aware it sounded like just Josh. As i said this is not me trying to make up lies. Others in my row and behind all said there was something totally off with it. There was also a part where the sound went funny on Josh's part. Like the volume or something went sky high. It just had a very fake feel i felt.