Concert in Arundel - 15 May 2010

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Yeh How Shall we Sing will be awesome, Im looking forward to The Fountain loads, also Time and Exultate and of course all the oldies!
Yay!
Ill be there in my orange t shirt - lol!!
Danie :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

danieb88 wrote:Yeh How Shall we Sing will be awesome, Im looking forward to The Fountain loads, also Time and Exultate and of course all the oldies!
Yay!
Ill be there in my orange t shirt - lol!!
hahaha thats coool.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

For anybody going to the concert, I'm hoping to get some written reviews of the concert to add to the "Reviews" section of my website and it would literally make my day if a couple people could write up their thoughts on the concert! It doesn't have to be long, I'm just looking to add something to my currently empty "Concerts" section. Also, if anybody's written any from past concerts that I could put up, I'd love to have those too!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Hi all ! :)

I'm currently writting you from the pub in the St Marys gates inn, in company of Yorkie, Lorenzom and Viabouna !! :D
We are taking great time before the Concert Tomorrow :)

We had see some technical guys building the stage in the cathedral, there is a little A4 poster in a corner of the chruch, there is no more publicity.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Hi all ! :)

I'm currently writting you from the pub in the St Marys gates inn, in company of Yorkie, Lorenzom and Viabouna !! :D

We had see some technical guys building the stage in the cathedral, there is a little A4 poster in a corner of the chruch, there is no more publicity.

Awww how sweet you are already with yorkie :)

Last year they did not promote much either.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

i cant go anymore :( mums got a bad chest infection and cant take me cause its hurting her :( , anyone fancy a trip to the south coast to pick me up and go to arundel ? :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

kthomp wrote:i cant go anymore :( mums got a bad chest infection and cant take me cause its hurting her :( , anyone fancy a trip to the south coast to pick me up and go to arundel ? :D
kara i am so sorry i hope some one can take you there to see libera kara pooro you willy ou beok??? can some one take kara to see libera a gain??
alicealc

Post by alicealc »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Hi all ! :)

Have a great time there, guys! :D
I'll be waiting for your reviews ^__^
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Sorry to not post in both french and english, it's too cold and winddy here to stay too long outside.
Have a look on the french forum and use Google translator to have a few pre-concert informations and photos ;)

http://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/co" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 246-15.htm
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

On the train home after the concert. It was a very mixed concert and i went away slighty dissapointed. First half was pretty ropey and i sm convinced Time was mimed. Yorkie does not agree but talking to somr other fans and they agrees it was basically spot on for cd recording. Josh sounded exactly the same and yet song was recorded in winter 2009 so even he has elf blood or it was mimed.

Second half picked up and was so much better. Deep peace was outstanding. Mysterium was another great song sung by Stefan. Him and Ralph was the best boys on the night, he rocked the fountain.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Exulate was the closing number as they swapped it with how shall i sing that majesty so that closed first half.

Negitives are

the backing music sometimes over powered the boys and it felt over produced. Sound mixing was ropey all night and boys voices sometimes sounded totally weird and it came acrosss as if they had pre-recorded a lot of it. The boys are struggling with harmonys and sound quite weak in some songs- sanctus was awful for first half of the song. Robert clearly knows they are struggling as tonight there was 37 boys on stage at some points. 12 new boys added to concert set up as they have lost to many top players at once.
lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Post by lacrymosa2 »

dani wrote:Exulate was the closing number as they swapped it with how shall i sing that majesty so that closed first half.

Negitives are

the backing music sometimes over powered the boys and it felt over produced. Sound mixing was ropey all night and boys voices sometimes sounded totally weird and it came acrosss as if they had pre-recorded a lot of it. The boys are struggling with harmonys and sound quite weak in some songs- sanctus was awful for first half of the song. Robert clearly knows they are struggling as tonight there was 37 boys on stage at some points. 12 new boys added to concert set up as they have lost to many top players at once.
37 boys? Wow, that is a lot.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Ahhh! I'm hyperventilating! Josh has a little brother/cousin!!!!!!!!!! Ahh!

... I am a sad person :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Any questions and i will do my best to answer them.l
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Ok, so from the French forum there were 37 boys there total:
The 23 from the Japan/Korea/Philippines tour, plus Mine Akpobome.
And 13 younger boys: Sere Akpobome, Ewan Baxter, Jude Collins, Thomas Delgado-Little, Dylan Duffy, Ben Fairman, Luis Fernandes, Matthew Jansen, Barney Lindsell, Matthew Madine and Cian O'Sullivan!

EDIT: Ooops, missed one: Alex Godden.
Last edited by libera36 on Sat May 15, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.