New Facebook Photos!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

Yorkie wrote:Is it just me or do those black hoodies look to be absolutely minging and filthy! They were bad in Athens but by the time they hit the ferry to England I think they could have walked on their own!

Travelling in a state of being "laundry challenged" is pretty much par for the course in a high speed European Jaunt. But to put things into perspective, if the state of the black hoodies was alarming, imagine what the white ones probably resembled.
Yorkie wrote:I wouldn't want to have been on that bus trip with 23 kids who had no no clean clothes for a week!
I am actually curious as to what kind of music that little jaunt would inspire.
Murkskis wrote:Just look at the faces in every picture! I also remember the positive attitude to this trip what Mini Ben showed in his speech in the concert. The trip became like a cool adventure at some point! :)
Ben is charming like that. He's very friendly and very upbeat. He could inform you that you were scheduled for a root canal without anesthetic in a way that would make you actually look forward to the procedure. If he ran in an election, he'd probably win it.
"I am not hopeless. It's just, I'm not very good" - Michael Horncastle
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote: :D I was thinking that I could use the Libera sound equipment. I could then possibly give RP a few tips on writing and composing music + work on Steven's clarinet technique. All before breakfast.
Haha... Yorkie, I'm sure that bus ride would be a blast for you. :) Not sure about RP and the kids, though.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

JoelinMkt wrote:Travelling in a state of being "laundry challenged" is pretty much par for the course in a high speed European Jaunt. But to put things into perspective, if the state of the black hoodies was alarming, imagine what the white ones probably resembled.
Are you saying you travelled like that in Europe, Joel? Haha... You do know you didn't have the volcanic ashes to lay blame to? :lol: Lucky for you, you didn't sit with Yorkie on a bus. He'd start singing Libera songs w/ prerecorded harmonies (also by himself).
JoelinMkt wrote:I am actually curious as to what kind of music that little jaunt would inspire.
Yep, me too. Probably "Lead, Kindly Light II" with slow start (to mark the grim circumstance that took them to Athens) and then upbeat end (to mark the adventure that they made of it).
Murkskis wrote:Just look at the faces in every picture! I also remember the positive attitude to this trip what Mini Ben showed in his speech in the concert. The trip became like a cool adventure at some point! :)
This just proves that kids don't worry about missing a few days of school that much. :)

There were some reports about Ben forgetting his speech. I don't think he really forgot. I think it's a case of momentarily forgetting how he wanted to deliver his speech. This should be encouraged. I'd rather have an imperfect but spontaneous speech. It makes the atmosphere more lighthearted and makes for some cool ice breaker. If it were up to me, I'd put Ben on opening and closing speeches in concerts. :)
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

the picture are absolutely awesome! My favorite is the freddie/james one lol. and any group pictures were cool! I'm so used to not seeing Alfie smile so seeing him smile in majority of the pictures was pleasant....Sam didnt smile all that much though :-(....

and yea my ocd probably would have lead to me washing my clothes in a river O.O....
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

phlibera wrote:
JoelinMkt wrote:Travelling in a state of being "laundry challenged" is pretty much par for the course in a high speed European Jaunt. But to put things into perspective, if the state of the black hoodies was alarming, imagine what the white ones probably resembled.
Are you saying you travelled like that in Europe, Joel? Haha... You do know you didn't have the volcanic ashes to lay blame to? :lol: Lucky for you, you didn't sit with Yorkie on a bus. He'd start singing Libera songs w/ prerecorded harmonies (also by himself).
Nah, did laundry mid-way the route as I had eleven days of sunshine followed followed by eight days of "cold, drippy, dim and wet". The problem was getting everything to dry out then stay dry.

The volcanic ash was actually a problem. If my flight had gotten delayed any longer than it did, I'd have been out of clothes...

And about Yorkie and the pre-recorded harmonies... If the bus stops for beer every few miles then "Sing forever" it is...
phlibera wrote:I'd rather have an imperfect but spontaneous speech. It makes the atmosphere more lighthearted and makes for some cool ice breaker. If it were up to me, I'd put Ben on opening and closing speeches in concerts.

If anyone can ad-lib his way out of a forgotten speech, it is Ben. What he says sometimes ends up more interesting than what he has planned.
irishoreo wrote:I'm so used to not seeing Alfie smile so seeing him smile in majority of the pictures was pleasant...

Well, you need to catch him in the right mood.

::and saying something he finds funny also helps...::
"I am not hopeless. It's just, I'm not very good" - Michael Horncastle