Libera will sing for Haiti

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

RiseInGlory wrote:Thank you for putting this together!! The video makes it much less confusing.
wow nice to have libera in the back of it nice good job yes a little bit good and all nice work wowowowowowwowowoowowwwwowowowow
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thanks for the video , does make it easier.
jesuspeace34

Post by jesuspeace34 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:This might help make it a little less confusing....

[youtube][/youtube]
Thanks for putting this together. Also thanks for the link before the vid.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thankyou all. I just hope the Classic FM lyrics page was correct, or else I'm going to look pretty silly :lol:

For me it did sound confusing at first, but the more I listen to it, I really think Libera stands out and benefits well for singing their high harmonies. I think had they actually vocalised some lyrics they would have probably just blended into the background. So it might not seem that they get any major part, but I think they will get referenced alot for their sweet high harmony contributions to the single.

Its on Classic FM at 9pm tonight, if anyone wants to hear a better sampling of it.
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Thankyou all. I just hope the Classic FM lyrics page was correct, or else I'm going to look pretty silly :lol:

For me it did sound confusing at first, but the more I listen to it, I really think Libera stands out and benefits well for singing their high harmonies. I think had they actually vocalised some lyrics they would have probably just blended into the background. So it might not seem that they get any major part, but I think they will get referenced alot for their sweet high harmony contributions to the single.

Its on Classic FM at 9pm tonight, if anyone wants to hear a better sampling of it.
I am excied a bout there video and it will be cool
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Thank you Thank You JimmyRiddle for the updates and the link.

It's so beautiful, I'm really overwhelmed. :)
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

That was quite excellent Jimmy! Thanks a bunch!

We are the World was a disaster and I'm unfortunately embarrased that it came from over zealous americans....The effort and the purpose was definitely there...but the finished product as a whole on technicality and musicality really sucked.....

This rendition of Prayer is very good, and balanced....i do agree that I wish we could hear Libera a bit more(they are a choir I do not see why they just did not gte their own parts -.-)
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

irishoreo wrote:This rendition of Prayer is very good, and balanced....i do agree that I wish we could hear Libera a bit more(they are a choir I do not see why they just did not gte their own parts -.-)
Sorry, can't agree - the whole thing is a mess. I was intending to buy it but I'm pretty certain I won't be doing so now. I do agree with you though that better use could have been made of the Libera boys (doesn't sound like there were more than a handful singing anyway).
Last edited by Yorkie on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

Heh I agree that it was beautiful. To be honest, I got teary eyed after about the first minute. When Libera came in the beauty of this arrangement soared to a new level. I think they were used appropriately (and any disappointment that they weren't featured is just because I'm a Libera fan girl through and through - many of the other artists involved were "just" background as well). They did a fantastic!! job of arranging this piece so so many artists could participate. The result was amazing.

When Aled came in, I about died. I would give a kidney (okay maybe not, but you get the point!) to meet him in person and tell him I love him :-P
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks for your thoughts.

It seems like some people like it and other's are not so keen.

I quite like it, I think it becomes less confusing when you listen to it a few times. It's the best charity single done for Haiti so far in my mind that's for sure. Although the competition wasn't too fierce. :roll:

I'll be buying the single on March 14th. The cause is there, even if Libera didn't get that knockout line on their own. I think their high part harmonies are very soothing, and it's like when you sprinkle that bit of seasoning onto a meal just to make it taste better ;)
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I quite agree with JimmyRiddle that they might have been drowned out if they had to sing the lines instead of providing those lovely descants. I feel that the descants have a simple way of putting a Libera stamp on that song.

Their case is not really as bad as what The Priests got. I'm sure those parish priests wouldn't really mind it but I for one was sorry that they got drowned out by OMA. I almost can't distinguish their voices from OMA.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

A few things going on tomorrow as per some tweets by those in the know;
RT @Noelvine1: first look at 'The Prayer for Haiti' official video tomorrow on BBC Breakfast and Sky News.TV ads on ITV all night tonight...
Blake look like they will be doing the PR bit for the single;
Sunday morning Blake are on BBC Breakfast TV at 7:40am, Radio 2 with Aled Jones at 8:3am0, Sky News at 9:30am and in the Sunday Mail, phew!!
Official video will probably just be some still footage, but still it should include Libera.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Here's a news clip of The Prayer single:

[youtube][/youtube]

Some footage of the new video is included in the clip before the interview.

At around 0:47 we got ourselves... some Libera (yey!). Sam M., Ralph Skan, Stefan, and then Robert Prizeman conducting at least 16 choristers, Tom, the 2nd tallest in the lineup (6th from the left) and Josh, the tallest of the Libera lineup (6th from the right) are there I think in their hoodies (hehe...), and then a close up of Ben Philipp.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well captured phlibera ;) - I just managed to catch a little on Sky News too, it showed the same footage. They didnt' show the full video, so I'll be interested to see it when it shows up. Nice they got some of the Libera boys in the video :)
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Thanks for the new video philibera! :)

I just noticed, was that FLynn on Josh's left-side? I know its backview but his posture looks like Flynn :)