Favourite PART of a Libera Song

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

danieb88
Silver Member

Favourite PART of a Libera Song

Post by danieb88 »

Hey guys, We often have threads about our favourite songs/soloists so my question to you is: What is your favourite PART of a Libera song?

For example, mine would be:
Far Away - the last Venite Spiritus of the chorus - where you can hear Toms solo in the background
I am the Day - the bit where they sings Illuminosa and other boys come in halfway through with Illuminosa again
You Were There - "Stay with me through the dark and bring me home"

Do you see what I mean? We're talking sections no longer than say 30 secs

What do you think?
Danie :D
alicealc

Post by alicealc »

Attendite - the part when Ben Crawley sings "...bringing peace..."

How Can I Keep from Singing - the part when Josh sings "..how can I keep from singing.."

Sanctus on Leiden Concert - the first part when Tom and Ed do the "..aaa.." duet and the middle part when Sam, Ed, and Tom do the trio for "Benedictus venit in nomine..."
(I think it's longer than 30 seconds :), but that's the part I like)

that's what I got in my mind for now :)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Off the top of my head, Josh's "Mercy and love...." at the end of "Love and Mercy" and and the 2nd "aeterna" at the end of "Libera", where Liam goes up to some insanely high note! :lol:
JoelinMkt
Silver Member

Post by JoelinMkt »

1) The Opening Phrase of the Sanctus 1 when the ensemble lifts its voice through the word Sanctus.

2) The middle of the chorus of Far Away where three voices overlap on the phrases Venite Spiritu et emitte caelitu

3) The point where the verses of San Damiano segue into the chorus

4) The final line of Time (I am the dawn of all time)

5) The verses of Sancta

6) The line "True be the hearts that love you" in May the Road

7) The second chorus of Sing Forever (Echoing what you say...)

8) You Were There -"The shadows fade away, All cares pass away..."

9) The repetitive "Hide me, Hide me, Hide me" of Vespera

10) The descants of the refrain of O Sanctissima
Last edited by JoelinMkt on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not hopeless. It's just, I'm not very good" - Michael Horncastle
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

The verses of Dies Irae - Dies irae, dies illa , solvet saeclum in favilla judex est venturus

Vespera - The heaven soars with voices above

The skies resound the power of your love

The stars shine out your glorious light

Stabat - Dolentem gementem ,Cujus animam ,Dolentem gementem , Consumatum est

You where there - As hour by hour and day by day

Your love lightens up the sky
As it shines across the night.

Time - I rise in the sparkle of life , the dawn of all time , call to the paths yet to .
aaden

Re: Favourite PART of a Libera Song

Post by aaden »

danieb88 wrote: I am the Day - the bit where they sings Illuminosa and other boys come in halfway through with Illuminosa again
ahhh musically, i reallly favor that part in i am the day. it is really interesting and fits in really well. adds variety to the chorus.

i also like in their song, dies irae, the part that goes- rex tremede majestatis salva me
it's a great choral feel.

same with the main chorus of gloria

in vespera, the chorus has great chords when they ar singing keep me as the apple of an eye.

something that i've noticed with i am the day and vespera is that the chorus' fit into eachother very well. so if you were to sing the vespera chorus along with a recording of i am the day, it fits!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

libera36 wrote:Off the top of my head, Josh's "Mercy and love...." at the end of "Love and Mercy"
Yep, loving that too which is why I put it in my signature. Also Semele where Ben hits that note at about 3.43.

Many of my other faves are already sited (such as the echoing part of Sing For Ever - especially the way Jaymie and Sam sang it).
Last edited by Yorkie on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
hyphus27

Post by hyphus27 »

- the choruses of You Were There and Vespera. they're both really sweeping and powerful.

- Anthony Chadney's solo bit in Voca Me. i really like his voice!

- the very end of Gaudete when whoever has been doing the high octave melody part switches to the harmony (or whatever it's called) and hits that really high note. hahaha. it's hard to describe these things.

- that one part in Always With You where they're like, "Beati quorum via, integra est" and there's one voice going "ahhh" in the background.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Far Away: The chorus part where you hear the Latin words, and then Tom's high descant solo in the background

Sancte: Liam's solo and the part where the low voices join in near the end

Vespera: The part where they sing, "Keep me as the apple of an eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings"

How Can I Keep From Singing: The part where Josh sings at the end, "How can I keep from singing"

Mercy and Love: Josh's solo, and then when Tom joins in as they sing, "There's a lot of people out there hurting and it really scares me" together; also, the part at the end where Josh sings, "Mercy and love"

You Were There: The part where Tom sings, "Stay with me through the dark and bring me home" and the the part where he sings, "Keep me safely, night and day"

Time: Mini-Ben's soaring chorus solo, "I rise in the spark of life..." and Fiona's violin solo

Salva Me 2007 version: Joe Snelling's "Salvas" --He sings my favorite "Salvas" of all the soloists that have done that part so far: Adam Harris, Ed Day and Stefan Leadbeater

I am the Day: The part where the choir sings, "Iluminosa, imortalis, sancta gloriosa"

Never be Alone: Joe Snelling's high notes

Stay with Me: Liam's high notes
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

Tom's descant part in Always With You and Secret (not sure if it is him but I like the opening part there)
Anthony's "Lacrymosa dolorosa" in Voca Me
Josh's "Mercy and Love" in Love And Mercy
"Stay with me through the dark and bring me home" in You Were There
"Venite Spiritu" in Far Away
"E-yo" part in Heaven Remix
"You'll never be alone" echo in Never Be Alone's chorus
Te high/descant-like part in Ave Verum (I think it's domine)
The descant-like part where in they sing "Sanctus" in Sanctus. haha
paopao

Post by paopao »

Here's my favourites so far :
1. The gregorian chants at Veni Sancte's intro
2. The "sancte,sancte..veni spiritu" chorus part in Veni Sancte
3. The talking/mumbling? part in the background of Veni Sancte and the ending part where the soloist sings "you are with me"
4. Secret's "so carry away... the secret song" part
5. Far Away's "venite spiritu" part
6. The "sanctus dominus deus sabbaoth" part in Sanctus 1
7. The ending of Recordare, "salva, salva me" part. Gives me chills.
8. The "little lamb who made thee" part of The Lamb
9. Joe Snelling's "salva" part
10. "deep peace" part in Attendite
11. Chorus part of Beata lux
Syafiqah

Post by Syafiqah »

I love You Were There's "Your love lightens up the sky as it shines across the night" In the video, they showed a bit of Kavana's face during that part and I love the head movement he did :) The "sky" part was just precious, I love it.

I also like Gloria that Libera did at Crystal Cathedral, the part that 'Omni potens deus pater". In the video, again, Kavana did an amusing head movement, lol I'm sorry he seems to be my favourite subject ;D

Oh and of course, Tom's solo in Rest in Peace :)
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

chix wrote:Tom's descant part in Always With You and Secret (not sure if it is him but I like the opening part there)
I always thought that the descant part in the beginning of "Secret" sounded like Josh. The timbre of the voice seems very sweet and similar to Josh's voice. Has anyone ever seen him do it in concert?
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
Steffi_89

Post by Steffi_89 »

My favorite parts are:

- Sancte: Liam's whole high part
- Voca me: Joe's high aahh's at the beginning
- Sanctus at Leiden: Tom's and Ed's duo at the beginning
- Stay with me: Liam's aahh's
- Libera: Liam's second aeterna
- Time: Ben's eternity at the end of the chorus
- Far away: "And wherever I climb, (uhuhu) , far away and anywhere, you raise me high (aaahhh)...
- Adoramus: Joe's aaahh'a at the beginning
- Santus: The ending with Steven
- you were there: You are shelter from the storm,
The shadows fade away, all cares pass away (When Liam's, Ben's and Josh's voice join Tom's)

....and so on :-)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

plumpuff6 wrote:
chix wrote:Tom's descant part in Always With You and Secret (not sure if it is him but I like the opening part there)
I always thought that the descant part in the beginning of "Secret" sounded like Josh. The timbre of the voice seems very sweet and similar to Josh's voice. Has anyone ever seen him do it in concert?
No sadly it was cut out and the violin starts off the song. But it is Joshs song so i think its a pretty safe bet its him.