Favourite PART of a Libera Song

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

plumpuff6 wrote:
chix wrote:Tom's descant part in Always With You and Secret (not sure if it is him but I like the opening part there)
I always thought that the descant part in the beginning of "Secret" sounded like Josh. The timbre of the voice seems very sweet and similar to Josh's voice. Has anyone ever seen him do it in concert?
Unfortunately it was changed into violin during the concert here. So I don't really know who did that. At some point it sounded like Josh, but during the really high part of the descant it sounded more like Tom. But as I've said I'm not really sure. hehehe :)
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

1. Libera - Liam's parts

2. Sanctus - Intro

3. Stay with Me - when Liam does those notes in between Ed's parts. The first time I heard this song was during their concert and I was like, is that one of them singing?

4. I Am the Day - Chorus part

5. You Were There - the last line when Tom sings "Stay with me through the night and bring me home"

6. Love and Mercy - When Josh sings the line "I was lying in my room and the news came on TV" and the second chorus when you can hear Sam do the second voice to the word "tonight"

7. How Can I Keep from Singing - When Josh sings the last line, "How can I kleep from singing"

8. We Are the Lost - When Michael sings "We are the lost who lived and loved / We felt the dawn saw sunset glow / For now we lie in row on row / In Flander's field" and "From failing hands we throw the torch / Our light be yours to hold it high / For now we lie in Flanders fields / In row on row"

9. Sempiterna the Remix - "Creator conditor perpetua / Exulta clamava in saecula"

10. Never Be Alone - Chorus part and "Through their music is lost in the noise of the storm / And the whispers are drowned in the flood / Their message of hope is not fading away / The echoes will never decay"

11. Time - Mini-Ben's part

12. Heaven - Intro
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

plumpuff6 wrote: Salva Me 2007 version: Joe Snelling's "Salvas" --He sings my favorite "Salvas" of all the soloists that have done that part so far: Adam Harris, Ed Day and Stefan Leadbeater
mmm :roll: watta good choice :!: Powerfull song by Joe :)
... and "Time" - Ben's part... amazing... :!:
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Stay With Me-You see me through, whenever I'm afraid, however far away, comfort me

Going Home- No more fear, no more pain, no more stumbling by the way, no more longing for the day, going to run no more

Salva me- The "Salvas" and "domine deus miserere mei

Orinoco Flow -The middle part that starts with "from bissau to palau"

In Paradisum Ed's first solo

Love and Mercy Josh's ending.

Adoramus- "Can you lift me away, From the Dark of the day..." and when the tenors and bases do the ahhhs

Prayer

Air Extreme high parts

Gaudete Liams parts

Time Josh's first solo and Ben's parts and Ed's ahhs(and when he soars above Ben and Josh)

Libera the "Libera"s

Voca Me Chris's first solo

A New heaven Anthony's first solo

and the list goes on and on and on(yay going home lol)[/b]
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Wow you guys have come up with some great one sI hadnt thought of!
I love Liam in Stay With Me, and the 2nd "Aeterna" he does towards the end!
The beginning of Sanctus from the DVD is great as well.
I also like the really high part in the background of Sanctissima (around 1.43) and the beginning of Sempiterna!
Danie :D
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'll post it anyway...

Every time I listen to a Libera song, even if I've listened to it a thousand times before, I hear something else that I like. I could list my favorite parts to every song, but that would get boring for everyone. I'm a musically minded person (used to be anyway) so I do enjoy all the little parts I hear. The descants, the harmonies, the way it all fits together. Even the lyrics weave themselves together with the melodies and rhythms and chords just perfectly.

So I guess, for the sake of time and everyone else's boredom, I'll say that ALL the parts of the songs are my favorites. :D
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Far away - Time after time you always shine through dark of night calling after me.

Sanctus - Benedictus qui venit in Domine

Rest in peace - All those whom we love but see no more they are not perished, but gone before.

May the road rise up - May the path light up before you and the clouds forsake the skies above.

Going home - Morning star lights the way, restless dreams all gone, shadows gone, break of day, real life has begun.

New Day - Send the sun in time for dawn, let the birds all hail the morning. Love of life will let me say you are the new day.
music4

Post by music4 »

Time- When Josh is singing and fadding away as Ben begins his high notes. Another part where Josh is singing withour the word and going up and down on the octaves.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

LuxVenit wrote:I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'll post it anyway...

Every time I listen to a Libera song, even if I've listened to it a thousand times before, I hear something else that I like. I could list my favorite parts to every song, but that would get boring for everyone. I'm a musically minded person (used to be anyway) so I do enjoy all the little parts I hear. The descants, the harmonies, the way it all fits together. Even the lyrics weave themselves together with the melodies and rhythms and chords just perfectly.

So I guess, for the sake of time and everyone else's boredom, I'll say that ALL the parts of the songs are my favorites. :D

Im sure there are several of us musically minded" individuals on the forum, and probably wouldnt have cared lol
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

LuxVenit wrote:I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'll post it anyway...

I am this way with music, books and movies. No matter how many times I may listen to a song, read a book or watch a movie, I can find something new and different.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
heeh91
Silver Member

Post by heeh91 »

i just posted this on the thread about the fav part of time video thread but it applies here too so here ya go

TIME
i like the part where josh is in the second verse and he sings "as endless years roll by" and he holds the by as ben picks up his note. veryy nice harmony there. and the way he says roll by is nice.

the part where josh is vocalizing with the "ah ah's" is soooo great. this is a true representation of the control he has over his changing voice. he is going seamlessly inbetween his chest voice(used for the lower range) and head voice(for the high parts). there are no hitches when he goes over his break(part where you switch from chest to head voice) ah. love it.
Prototype

Re: Favourite PART of a Libera Song

Post by Prototype »

I love Tom's solo in "Rest In Peace" They key change adds a nice touch too.

The instrumental climax between the second and third verse of "Three Ravens"

The counter-melody in "Prayer" Very nicely arranged

I cant remember who sung the solo parts on Angus Dei on the album Libera, but there is just something about the arrangement of that which I could listen to over and over again (and have)

"Thickets trembling with drops of dew"...A Song of Enchantment

I will probably come back to this thread at some point...
Liberation
Silver Member

Post by Liberation »

Like all those kind of questions/topics (favourite song, singer, album, etc) they're great topics and fun to answer
but so hard too.
But on this one I think I have to go for "Time". I like the changing parts when Ben gets in after Josh.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

A great question, there's many songs I'll listen to repeatedly just to experience that one hook. Given many new songs/renditions have come about since this was originally posted there's potential for some unique answers.

I'm currently coming towards the end of a 'Three Ravens' binge, the song is great (perhaps a little dreary for my usual taste), but the extended high note at the climax (~4:00) is simply addictive.
Prototype

Post by Prototype »

Wolf wrote: <span title="Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:49 am">4 years ago</span> I'm currently coming towards the end of a 'Three Ravens' binge, the song is great (perhaps a little dreary for my usual taste), but the extended high note at the climax (~4:00) is simply addictive.
I remember the first time I heard Three Ravens, I stuck it on repeat play for about an hour, it may have been longer than that if I'm honest.