''Time''- new offical video

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

i heard this about the USA concerts so I went into Arundel thinking he wouldnt be very good but he was absolutely brilliant there - a little nervous yes but technically he was great, not a note out of place
Danie :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

danieb88 wrote:i heard this about the USA concerts so I went into Arundel thinking he wouldnt be very good but he was absolutely brilliant there - a little nervous yes but technically he was great, not a note out of place
It is so odd as Stay with me is one of my fav songs but i can not remember it at Arundel and its bugging me. At the QEH tho i remember it vivldy(sp) , also glad i didnt make tht up about Daniel :) . You can hear some of the performance on the california tour video and it is quite toned down compared to how Ed used to sing it.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Nerves do play a big part when the boys are quite fresh on the stage, and have had little experience to singing infront of very large audiences. I think last year would have given valuable experience to many of the debut solo singers, even boys like Stefan, Mathew, Kavana who sung high solo parts would have gained a lot from last year. They will gell even better in the coming years.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

dani wrote: I agree but i think its been said on youtube and maybe AV that Josh's voice has certainly been worked on with computer .

I think I may agree with this statement. But, let me clarify. I think his vocal was run through either a computer or a synth to give it a more of an etheral sound. Not to make him sound younger but just to make the song a bit eerie.
Alot of musical groups do that in the studio and when you hear them in concert, you will notice right away something is a little different.
I am sure when they perform Time in concert in April, Josh's voice will sound more normal.
By the way, as someone pointed out to me in a im chat, look at the profiles of Josh in the Time video. His adam's apple is almost impossible to see. So, he may have some more time yet as a lower trebel before heading off into alto range.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TEB wrote:
dani wrote: I agree but i think its been said on youtube and maybe AV that Josh's voice has certainly been worked on with computer .

I think I may agree with this statement. But, let me clarify. I think his vocal was run through either a computer or a synth to give it a more of an etheral sound. Not to make him sound younger but just to make the song a bit eerie.
Alot of musical groups do that in the studio and when you hear them in concert, you will notice right away something is a little different.
I am sure when they perform Time in concert in April, Josh's voice will sound more normal.
By the way, as someone pointed out to me in a im chat, look at the profiles of Josh in the Time video. His adam's apple is almost impossible to see. So, he may have some more time yet as a lower trebel before heading off into alto range.
You can't see my Adam's apple either and I ain't singing no treble :(
The prominence of said apple varies from person to person - I don't think it necessarily means that a voice will be high or low
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

TEB wrote:

Not to break your rule but i do think Joshs voice has broken slower than Liam's as Liam voice in the last concert he had lost all control and it was all over the place whereas Josh still seems to have some control and as we can see in Time still has a great voice and is muturing wonderfully.

I really wanna see how Ben performs this personally and also on the album to see if he has any other songs that knock him out of the park.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

dani wrote:
TEB wrote:

Not to break your rule but i do think Joshs voice has broken slower than Liam's as Liam voice in the last concert he had lost all control and it was all over the place whereas Josh still seems to have some control and as we can see in Time still has a great voice and is muturing wonderfully.

I really wanna see how Ben performs this personally and also on the album to see if he has any other songs that knock him out of the park.
Yes, Josh's voice seems to be breaking very slowly, although breaking almost seems like the wrong word, since I usually associate that word with a more abrupt voice change. It seems like it is lowering very gradually and the transition seems to be smooth. As for Josh's voice sounding like it was worked on with a computer, is it possible that he was singing with backing tracks of his own voice to give a more mystical sound? I think he did something like that on "Heaven" where he added whispers to the background, as I remember him consulting with Sam Coates on the SoP video.

I noticed that Liam's voice (speaking voice, that is) seemed to start going through the change in January 2009 when the boys were in Japan. In the video where Tom eats the fish eggs, Liam says something like, "It's cod. You love cod" and it sounds like he is losing some control over his speaking voice, and in the video from their US tour, Liam's voice is definitely breaking--and yet I heard he was able to carry of the solos on both "Sancte" and "Libera" and the high notes of "Stay With Me". How amazing. I am guessing that Liam's voice is probably fully broken by now, although I thought it looked like he was singing the high notes in the new video, "Time"? Can anyone verify?
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yes, Josh's voice seems to be breaking very slowly, although breaking almost seems like the wrong word, since I usually associate that word with a more abrupt voice change. It seems like it is lowering very gradually and the transition seems to be smooth. As for Josh's voice sounding like it was worked on with a computer, is it possible that he was singing with backing tracks of his own voice to give a more mystical sound? I think he did something like that on "Heaven" where he added whispers to the background, as I remember him consulting with Sam Coates on the SoP video.

I noticed that Liam's voice (speaking voice, that is) seemed to start going through the change in January 2009 when the boys were in Japan. In the video where Tom eats the fish eggs, Liam says something like, "It's cod. You love cod" and it sounds like he is losing some control over his speaking voice, and in the video from their US tour, Liam's voice is definitely breaking--and yet I heard he was able to carry of the solos on both "Sancte" and "Libera" and the high notes of "Stay With Me". How amazing. I am guessing that Liam's voice is probably fully broken by now, although I thought it looked like he was singing the high notes in the new video, "Time"? Can anyone verify?
I think in the summer Liam had been stripped of all solo's bar Libera and people i think said he struggled as he couldnt control his voice , he could go high but then lost all control and a few felt he shouldnt of been used by Robert so i am assuming it had broke by last summer u,k tour.

Personally i always find videos hard to judge as they are just miming to a backing track as no real singing is done so i always find it confusing.
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

dani wrote:

I think in the summer Liam had been stripped of all solo's bar Libera and people i think said he struggled as he couldnt control his voice , he could go high but then lost all control and a few felt he shouldnt of been used by Robert so i am assuming it had broke by last summer u,k tour.

Personally i always find videos hard to judge as they are just miming to a backing track as no real singing is done so i always find it confusing.
His voice was quite deep in the Christmas Greetings.... he sounds like a speaking Baritone singing tenor
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

dani wrote:I think in the summer Liam had been stripped of all solo's bar Libera and people i think said he struggled as he couldnt control his voice , he could go high but then lost all control and a few felt he shouldnt of been used by Robert
Dani, if you weren't there to juge by yourself, you shouldn't write such untrue things like that... :roll:

Liam was just Great in Edinburgh.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
dani wrote:I think in the summer Liam had been stripped of all solo's bar Libera and people i think said he struggled as he couldnt control his voice , he could go high but then lost all control and a few felt he shouldnt of been used by Robert
Dani, if you weren't there to juge by yourself, you shouldn't write such untrue things like that... :roll:

Liam was just Great in Edinburgh.
I am a huge Liam fan , everybody knows that but there was some reviews that said he was not on par.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

dani wrote:
If you're referring to his speaking voice in the last concert, then yes it's very low. But if you meant his singing voice, I can say from what I heard in the Manila concert that he hasn't lost all control and neither was he all over the place. I'll grant that at some parts, it seemed like he had to put in a bit more effort in controlling his voice. But nowhere in his performance did he lose control. Well, that's how I heard it. Maybe someone who watched the Philippine tour has a better ear and heard something I didn't hear. :wink:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

carina_gino20 wrote:
dani wrote:
If you're referring to his speaking voice in the last concert, then yes it's very low. But if you meant his singing voice, I can say from what I heard in the Manila concert that he hasn't lost all control and neither was he all over the place. I'll grant that at some parts, it seemed like he had to put in a bit more effort in controlling his voice. But nowhere in his performance did he lose control. Well, that's how I heard it. Maybe someone who watched the Philippine tour has a better ear and heard something I didn't hear. :wink:
Well, I was in Cebu concert and though someone was backing him up, I think he did really great.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

chix wrote:
Well, I was in Cebu concert and though someone was backing him up, I think he did really great.
Yeah I read that, although Liam still hit the high notes, he seemed to have to work harder to control his voice, but he managed to deliver his solos as usual. If Liam had someone backing him up, I think that was a really smart idea of RP so Liam would not feel so much pressure on him. I applaud the fact that he would sing those solos when his voice is on the verge of breaking, where he must exert more control over his amazing voice.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

plumpuff6 wrote:Yeah I read that, although Liam still hit the high notes, he seemed to have to work harder to control his voice, but he managed to deliver his solos as usual. If Liam had someone backing him up, I think that was a really smart idea of RP so Liam would not feel so much pressure on him. I applaud the fact that he would sing those solos when his voice is on the verge of breaking, where he must exert more control over his amazing voice.
Yes I agree. Having someone to back you up can would lessen the pressure. :) And I think it is always to good to have an understudy to back up in case something happens.