Libera on Cebu beach :)

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

JimmyRiddle wrote: Well if that's the case, and he specifically indicated that the pictures most not be shared or posted elsewhere, he's got an issue of trust with the person(s) he sent the private link too.
He posted a pic in his blog and posted there a link to a public album in facebook. But maybe he should be contacted first before reposting it in an album since he owns the copyright.

However, these pictures are not just from one source. The other source might be more sensitive to the pictures reposted all over the net. But I imagine most fans would already have seen them by now.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Them pics seem to be spread over the net so its not like they can be stopped - so if you delete them do you think suddenly everybody will follow suit ? , of course not. Seems most fans had already seen them besides me and a few others.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

dani wrote:Them pics seem to be spread over the net so its not like they can be stopped - so if you delete them do you think suddenly everybody will follow suit ? , of course not. Seems most fans had already seen them besides me and a few others.
Exactly what I was saying.

chix
Silver Member

Post by chix »

I just saw the blog of the owner of some of the pics and yes the link was posted. So I guess it's okay for us to see it. :)
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

chix wrote:I just saw the blog of the owner of some of the pics and yes the link was posted. So I guess it's okay for us to see it. :)
Yeah. That one shouldn't be a problem, although I think it would be basic courtesy to acknowledge him for the pics. :)

JayEm

Post by JayEm »

carina_gino20 wrote:
dani wrote:Them pics seem to be spread over the net so its not like they can be stopped - so if you delete them do you think suddenly everybody will follow suit ? , of course not. Seems most fans had already seen them besides me and a few others.
Exactly what I was saying.
While I understand your position I don't think that compounding someone elses misdoing is the right answer either. Fundementaly these are personal images of the boys take in a private capacity and they should not, IMHO, be in the public domain. We cannot stop/control what others do; that is there business, but we can certainly make a moral stance. Having said all that :) if the mods feel that they are appropriate then who am I to argue.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

We are discussing the matter and will let you all know as soon as we have made a decision.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
libera36

Post by libera36 »

TEB wrote:We are discussing the matter and will let you all know as soon as we have made a decision.
:( Now I feel really bad that I posted the pics here! :( I saw the other ones, and found them through the said person's blog. :oops: Do I need to take them down? :(
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

libera36 wrote:
TEB wrote:We are discussing the matter and will let you all know as soon as we have made a decision.
:( Now I feel really bad that I posted the pics here! :( I saw the other ones, and found them through the said person's blog. :oops: Do I need to take them down? :(
No, not yet. We are going to see about getting permission from the photographer.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
aaden

Post by aaden »

libera36 wrote:
don't fret you werent being malicious, just trying to share some pics. :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Whilst they have been taken by a private benefactor, I can see nothing inappropriate or wrong in the photos currently displayed. The boys are all together as 'Libera' - they all seem happy and fully compliant in having their pictures taken. They are not being chased down the street or photographed in an intrusive way without their permission.

I think we are all getting a little sidelined on what 'inappropriate' means. It's all very well taking a saintly stance on morality, but it needs to be channelled were it really matters.

This is a part of the Libera forum that says ‘Picture and Videos’ and forgive me if I’m missing the point, but I presumed the concept was to share media related material pertaining to the group we support?

Now do you want contributors to carry on doing that, or do you want to slap them in the face for contributing to the point were they don’t contribute anymore?
JayEm

Post by JayEm »

libera36 wrote:
Libera36, please don't think that I am trying to make anyone feel bad. I am not and If I have done so then I sincerely apologize; it really was not my intention. I just wanted to make sure that it was appropriate for these photo's to be shown, that's all. We all have a duty of care when it come to the safety and protection of childern regardless of their status as internationally renowned artists. After all, it is the love of there music that we all have in common.
JayEm

Post by JayEm »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Whilst they have been taken by a private benefactor, I can see nothing inappropriate or wrong in the photos currently displayed. The boys are all together as 'Libera' - they all seem happy and fully compliant in having their pictures taken. They are not being chased down the street or photographed in an intrusive way without their permission.

I think we are all getting a little sidelined on what 'inappropriate' means. It's all very well taking a saintly stance on morality, but it needs to be channelled were it really matters.

This is a part of the Libera forum that says ‘Picture and Videos’ and forgive me if I’m missing the point, but I presumed the concept was to share media related material pertaining to the group we support?

Now do you want contributors to carry on doing that, or do you want to slap them in the face for contributing to the point were they don’t contribute anymore?
"pertaining to the group" is the point as these photo's are clearly in a private, personal capacity. I really don't care for your rather flipant, over-zealous remarks. To suggest that somebody got "slapped" in the face is an absurd remark and completely unfounded. The only question that was asked was in relation to the appropriatness of posting what are clearly private photo's. Your over zealous, deflamtory remarks provide absolutley no value to this discussion and are best kept to yourself. What is also quite clear is that it is not acceptable on this board to stand up and question accepted conventions without fear of rebuke.
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:Can anybody else post any other rare pics ? seems there must be rare pics floating around on facebook and stuff.
Carina was correct it was on profile relating to Juan Borra who works for the Phillipine Senate, and may have hosted Libera when they were staying in Manila...

Here they are....

Image removed by Kevin
Image removed by Kevin
These pictures are so adorable! :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

JayEm wrote: "pertaining to the group" is the point as these photo's are clearly in a private, personal capacity. I really don't care for your rather flipant, over-zealous remarks. To suggest that somebody got "slapped" in the face is an absurd remark and completely unfounded. The only question that was asked was in relation to the appropriatness of posting what are clearly private photo's. Your over zealous, deflamtory remarks provide absolutley no value to this discussion and are best kept to yourself. What is also quite clear is that it is not acceptable on this board to stand up and question accepted conventions without fear of rebuke.
It would be a slap in the face if these pictures were removed for the sake of one person’s opinion that they are not appropriate. Do you actually know what ‘inappropriate’ means? Maybe you’re not on my wavelength, but there’s nothing ‘inappropriate’ about the pictures that have been posted in this thread.

There might be question surrounding how they came into the public domain, a link is shared, pictures are reposted, other people see and share them, and there you are… you’ve lost your copyright. Whether right or wrong, that’s the harsh reality of it. I would suggest if you really wanted to keep your pictures private, you wouldn’t upload and share them on the internet in the first place.

I take it you came to your decision that the pictures were not appropriate after you saw the first one or two, and therefore putting into practice what you preach, you would not have therefore continued to view the rest of the pictures?

I wish I could care for you not caring for my remarks, but to be honest with you I’m in the same boat as you on that one.