Check this out... (from the Boys of Libera)

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

aaden

Post by aaden »

hahah well that is festive. tinsilitis.
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
xsakurax wrote:Speaking of Christmas.. Will Libera be featured on Christmas Cooks this year? I was quite disappointed when I didn't see them perform last year!
Probably would have heard about it now to be honest with you. The program is listed as being on, but no mention of any performances. Probably just a 2yr thing.

Thankfully one of those performances gave us one of the most perfect rendition of 'Silent Night' I have ever seen/heard. Tom was pitch perfect and magnificent as he always was.
Not to mention Ed's perfect harmony...if I am remembering the song correctly. Tom and Ed sound very good together on songs such as "Do Not Stand" and "Prayer" and "Canon".
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes, Tom and Ed have teamed up to provide some stunning lead solo's together over the years. I only mentioned Tom's name on their Christmas Cook's Silent Night because he had the main solo.
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I like the way Mr. RP arranges the music for Libera, be it christmas songs or hymns or any other songs.. And usually, if there's a solo, there will be another boy or two kind of like "backing" the solo or maybe harmonizing. It provides a different kind of effect, I guess, and overall make the sound turn out well.. Or is it just so in case if the soloist makes a mistake, they can somehow help to make it less obvious?

I'm quite curious as to how RP split the boys into who to sing which parts, cos like for the Gloria and Salva Me in Crystal Cathedral, many of the boys who are in the same small group standing together seems to be singing different parts..
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

xsakurax wrote:I like the way Mr. RP arranges the music for Libera, be it christmas songs or hymns or any other songs.. And usually, if there's a solo, there will be another boy or two kind of like "backing" the solo or maybe harmonizing. It provides a different kind of effect, I guess, and overall make the sound turn out well.. Or is it just so in case if the soloist makes a mistake, they can somehow help to make it less obvious?

I'm quite curious as to how RP split the boys into who to sing which parts, cos like for the Gloria and Salva Me in Crystal Cathedral, many of the boys who are in the same small group standing together seems to be singing different parts..
Maybe RP arranges them according to who their voice blends best with. I know that when I was in choir, that is what we did within our sections (Soprano I, II, Alto I, etc.). I am sure that is the only way I ended up standing next to someone who was about 10 inches taller than I am...we tried different arrangements, but the balance was off, so I was next to someone a lot taller than me. Ha ha.
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

go figure id miss it -_-
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

irishoreo wrote:go figure id miss it -_-
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
irishoreo wrote:go figure id miss it -_-
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thanks im surprised i hadnt gotten to this beforehand....
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

that was just tooooo cute