New (ORGINAL) Artwork!!

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

New (ORGINAL) Artwork!!

Post by illuminaperpetua »

Hello people! I'm back on the forum!! haha Flora was bothering me :roll: :lol: I have neeeeww pictures for you! Unfortunately, I am no longer drawing Libera *lacrymosa* But I have some other stuff.... SOME ORIGINAL ARTWORK.

Annaghdown

A New Heaven

You Were There (I don't know why, but that song always makes me think of boats!)

Eiri Na Greine

...and that's it for now! Yup, it's all still very Libera inspired! lol
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Hooray, your art! I think I’ve seen all of these, except for the one of the meadow, for some reason—it’s truly lovely!! I adore how the flowers lose focus in the distance, and the sky gives the whole painting such a warm, dramatic atmosphere. The touch of darkness at the very top unifies the entire piece…it’s a tiny bit ominous, isn’t it? Love how I get such an impression of mood from this. Gorgeous work!

Looking at so many of your paintings close to each other makes me appreciate how distinctive your style is. You use a strong variety of subject matter, techniques, and color schemes (two boat pictures, one with a cool palette and one with a warm—amazing!) but everything you create is yours. I love that your art so clearly belongs to you. It has a visual trademark that I can’t put my finger on…maybe it’s a subtle surreality? The placement of certain colors? It’s fantastic, whatever it is, and wholly original. Please keep it up!!
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Flora wrote:Hooray, your art! I think I’ve seen all of these, except for the one of the meadow, for some reason—it’s truly lovely!! I adore how the flowers lose focus in the distance, and the sky gives the whole painting such a warm, dramatic atmosphere. The touch of darkness at the very top unifies the entire piece…it’s a tiny bit ominous, isn’t it? Love how I get such an impression of mood from this. Gorgeous work!

Looking at so many of your paintings close to each other makes me appreciate how distinctive your style is. You use a strong variety of subject matter, techniques, and color schemes (two boat pictures, one with a cool palette and one with a warm—amazing!) but everything you create is yours. I love that your art so clearly belongs to you. It has a visual trademark that I can’t put my finger on…maybe it’s a subtle surreality? The placement of certain colors? It’s fantastic, whatever it is, and wholly original. Please keep it up!!
Yeah, I haven't done anything else yet. I can't seem to focus on my imagination!! ugh..
Thank you, but I really think your artwork is better. And of course, lots of people comment on your posts, but not on mine...which just proves my point.
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

I really like your 'Eiri Na Greine'. Beautiful.

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
DrewE
Silver Member

Post by DrewE »

This is very impressive work here. I'm particularly partial to the boat scene Annaghdown; I think the reason is because the composition is strong, with the lines of the boats and the river leading the eye towards the middle left, and then the hillside and overhanging tree limbs pulling it back.

I'm always impressed with people who can paint or draw well. I have enough trouble getting a wall a solid color without making a mess of the trim and ceiling and stuff around! (I do rather enjoy photography and, of course, music, though, so am not entirely artless.)

Thanks for sharing your latest works, and I guess thanks also to Flora for bothering you into doing so.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

illuminaperpetua wrote:Yeah, I haven't done anything else yet. I can't seem to focus on my imagination!! ugh..
Thank you, but I really think your artwork is better. And of course, lots of people comment on your posts, but not on mine...which just proves my point.
Don’t be so hard on yourself; you’ve been sick! Concentrate on feeling well. And…no. No no no! My art is not “better.” Even ignoring for a moment the fact that you use techniques and mediums I can’t even conceive of, remember that art is not comparable this way. You have a gift, period. To assign it some theoretical rank just diminishes you and your talent—and by whose standards are you judging, anyway? Please don’t let me catch you doing this to yourself again!! You deserve so much better!
DrewE wrote:(I do rather enjoy photography and, of course, music, though, so am not entirely artless.)
Sorry to eavesdrop, but I would love to see some of your photography sometime, if you are ever moved to share it.
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

tcenrt wrote:I really like your 'Eiri Na Greine'. Beautiful.

Ann
Thanks! :D Just in case you didn't know, Eiri Na Greine means "The Rising of the Sun" in Gaielge.
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

illuminaperpetua wrote:

Ann
Thanks! :D Just in case you didn't know, Eiri Na Greine means "The Rising of the Sun" in Gaielge.
I really didn't know. Learn something new everyday, thanx!

Ann
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

illuminaperpetua wrote:

Ann
I really didn't know. Learn something new everyday, thanx! 8)

Ann
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Flora wrote:
illuminaperpetua wrote:Yeah, I haven't done anything else yet. I can't seem to focus on my imagination!! ugh..
Don’t be so hard on yourself; you’ve been sick! Concentrate on feeling well. And…no. No no no! My art is not “better.” Even ignoring for a moment the fact that you use techniques and mediums I can’t even conceive of, remember that art is not comparable this way. You have a gift, period. To assign it some theoretical rank just diminishes you and your talent—and by whose standards are you judging, anyway? Please don’t let me catch you doing this to yourself again!! You deserve so much better!
Yes, and I can't get better! Every time I think I'm improving I get worse again. I'm stressed out about a bunch of stuff right now and I don't think it's helping.
haha you probably would do that too! And I saw the stuff you said on youtube!! Confess!! You're no better than me!! lol But would you rather me be puffed up with pride?
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

tcenrt wrote:
illuminaperpetua wrote:

Ann
I really didn't know. Learn something new everyday, thanx!

Ann
Yeah, I didn't either. There's an Anuna song by that name and I wanted to know the lyrics so I looked them up and the translation was included!! :D
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

DrewE wrote:This is very impressive work here. I'm particularly partial to the boat scene Annaghdown; I think the reason is because the composition is strong, with the lines of the boats and the river leading the eye towards the middle left, and then the hillside and overhanging tree limbs pulling it back.

I'm always impressed with people who can paint or draw well. I have enough trouble getting a wall a solid color without making a mess of the trim and ceiling and stuff around! (I do rather enjoy photography and, of course, music, though, so am not entirely artless.)

Thanks for sharing your latest works, and I guess thanks also to Flora for bothering you into doing so.
Thank you. :) Annaghdown is a song by Anuna. It's funny, cause at the time I had no idea the song had anything to do with boats...I looked up the translation AFTER I'd finished the picture!! lol
It's very sad..
"As long as I have health
There will be said about those who died at Annaghdown
And my sorrow tomorrow every father and mother
Woman and child are weeping
But such a lovely day without wind or rain
The whole boat of them to be swept away
King of Graces who created Heaven and Paradise
It would not have been much to take two or three
But such a lovely day without wind or rain
The whole boat of them to be swept away..,"
You can find Annaghdown on Celtic Dreams by Meav Ni Mhaolchatha with Anuna on iTunes. I highly recommend it. :D :wink:
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Some more new picture..
Okay, so this one was inspired ny the song "Let Me Lie" by Hayley Westenra. The song goes like this:

Let me lie on grasses green
On my mother earth I lean

[Music]

Under burning sun
Through my veins she runs

Let me breathe the forest air
It's the life force that we all share
Feel my burning tears

[Chorus]
Heal me through as I lie
Here with you
Heal me through
Let me sleep and keep me close

Heal me through as I lie
Here with you
Heal me through

[Music]

Under burning sun

Heal me through as I lie
Here with you
Heal me through

Heal me through as I lie
Here with you
Heal me through

Under burning sun

Heal me through as I lie
Here with you
Heal me through

Heal me through as I lie
Here with you
Heal me through

Under burning sun
Her and I are one

..yup
And then we have this one:
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

illuminaperpetua wrote:Yes, and I can't get better! Every time I think I'm improving I get worse again. I'm stressed out about a bunch of stuff right now and I don't think it's helping.

haha you probably would do that too! And I saw the stuff you said on youtube!! Confess!! You're no better than me!! lol But would you rather me be puffed up with pride?
I guarantee that you’re not getting worse; your improvement even over the last month or so has been unquestionable. Oh no, haha, I forgot about YouTube! I know I quote this at you all the time, but artists are definitely their own worst critics. Don’t be conceited, but don’t stop believing in yourself, either. I know, I know…it’s hard to find that line.

Some gorgeous new pictures, here! Did you do the second one in graphite? I loved it on Facebook and I love it here. The lines are so delicate, and you get a sense of motion from the flow of her dress and her hair. The first one is new to me…wow!! All those earthy tones just make her glow, and the detail in the trees is perfect. The grass looks like it must’ve taken you a long time, and your patience paid off. I’m in a good mood now, so the whole scene makes me feel very peaceful…but it could also be interpreted in a very tragic way. Have you seen “Ophelia” by John Everett Millais? I feel like your piece could be a response to his, just with an earth element instead of water. Amazing, as usual. Thank you for sharing these!
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Flora wrote:
illuminaperpetua wrote:Yes, and I can't get better! Every time I think I'm improving I get worse again. I'm stressed out about a bunch of stuff right now and I don't think it's helping.

I guarantee that you’re not getting worse; your improvement even over the last month or so has been unquestionable. Oh no, haha, I forgot about YouTube! I know I quote this at you all the time, but artists are definitely their own worst critics. Don’t be conceited, but don’t stop believing in yourself, either. I know, I know…it’s hard to find that line.

Some gorgeous new pictures, here! Did you do the second one in graphite? I loved it on Facebook and I love it here. The lines are so delicate, and you get a sense of motion from the flow of her dress and her hair. The first one is new to me…wow!! All those earthy tones just make her glow, and the detail in the trees is perfect. The grass looks like it must’ve taken you a long time, and your patience paid off. I’m in a good mood now, so the whole scene makes me feel very peaceful…but it could also be interpreted in a very tragic way. Have you seen “Ophelia” by John Everett Millais? I feel like your piece could be a response to his, just with an earth element instead of water. Amazing, as usual. Thank you for sharing these!
What?? I remember writing back!!! And I meant about being sick... :roll: :lol:
...I'm better now!! :D