Digital art

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Flora
Silver Member

Digital art

Post by Flora »

Hi, Libera Dreams! My name is Flora (Furorua on YouTube). I registered here a month ago and stupidly forgot to bookmark the forum. Illuminaperpetua was kind enough to contact me and point out a very nice thread by heeh91 that had links to my digital painting videos. I don’t want to bump an old topic, but thanks so much to the people who commented! I really appreciate it!

I am hugely intimidated by the amount of talent in this community, but here are a few other pieces of fan art I’ve done. Sorry for the unflattering portrayals and the large file sizes:

Abandoned picture of Josh from a few months ago.

Five-minute experimental picture of Michael Horncastle.

Oh, man. So a few weeks ago, in a fit of boredom, I had this terrible idea to design a Libera-inspired survival horror video game. These were my “character sheets.” (Had I the means, the talent, or the legal right to actually produce this, everyone would’ve be playable and armed with baseball bats. I’m glad I came to my senses.)

Sam Leggett. I might put this on my YouTube account. I draw Sam very often and still cannot do him justice; he is so handsome.

Thank you for looking!

-Flora
Last edited by Flora on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

wonderful job and welcome to the forum. I don't know why you abandoned the picture of Josh, it looks like it was coming along great.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
plumpuff6
Silver Member

Post by plumpuff6 »

Really great pictures of Josh, Michael and Sam!
et laudate Domino in laetitia
et cantate Domino gloria
saecula et saeculorum, Alleluia
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Your very talented, you should be an illustrator or something. I like the cartoonized versions of some of the boys above, you could almost imagine them becoming animated and starring in their own little sketch. Not sure about baseball bats though lol Maybe some kind of angelic superheroes or something. :) Libera to the rescue!

Stop-frame-animation is extremely time consuming though, but can you imagine the possibilities. You would be in charge of the script and roleplay.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

They are wonderful, Flora! I especially like the picture of Josh. I hope you decide to continue it again. I also really like the one of Sam. Keep sharing your artwork with us.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

You have Josh's eyes just right. Even unfinished, it is easy to tell it is him.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

Those drawings are really good. I really hope you will finish Josh's picture.

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

OMG. That's way cool! I really like the picture of Josh! :D
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

Super-obnoxious quote-filled reply, sorry!
tcliffy wrote:wonderful job and welcome to the forum. I don't know why you abandoned the picture of Josh, it looks like it was coming along great.
Thank you for the kind words and the welcome! (Have I seen you around the Joseph McManners Forum? I used to lurk there under a different pen name.) Maybe I'll work on the picture of Josh again--you have inspired me!
plumpuff6 wrote:Really great pictures of Josh, Michael and Sam!
Thank you so much! I love your signature.
JimmyRiddle wrote:Your very talented, you should be an illustrator or something. I like the cartoonized versions of some of the boys above, you could almost imagine them becoming animated and starring in their own little sketch. Not sure about baseball bats though lol Maybe some kind of angelic superheroes or something. :) Libera to the rescue!

Stop-frame-animation is extremely time consuming though, but can you imagine the possibilities. You would be in charge of the script and roleplay.
Haha, thanks so much! Libera as angelic superheroes! Why didn’t I think of that? I would love to produce some animation someday. For a long time, I was really interested in learning flash, but the program is so expensive that I had to put all of those aspirations on the back burner. Maybe one day I’ll have the means to create some original videos! Thanks for your suggestions.
carina_gino20 wrote:They are wonderful, Flora! I especially like the picture of Josh. I hope you decide to continue it again. I also really like the one of Sam. Keep sharing your artwork with us.
Carina, thanks a million! I have heard so much about you from Illuminaperpetua (all good things, of course!) and I absolutely adore your art. It’s a thrill to hear from you. I hope you will post more of your work, too.
TEB wrote:You have Josh's eyes just right. Even unfinished, it is easy to tell it is him.
Thank you, I really appreciate it! I love his eyes, but they’re so hard for me to capture. (Actually, in retrospect, I think I even got the color wrong.)
tcenrt wrote:Those drawings are really good. I really hope you will finish Josh's picture.

Ann
Thank you, Ann! I’ll try!
xsakurax wrote:OMG. That's way cool! I really like the picture of Josh! :D
You are awesome, thank you! Haha, I’m really excited to actually finish it now.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Flora wrote:
Carina, thanks a million! I have heard so much about you from Illuminaperpetua (all good things, of course!) and I absolutely adore your art. It’s a thrill to hear from you. I hope you will post more of your work, too.
Thanks. :D I've been wanting to sketch the little ones lately, but haven't really found the time.
Flora wrote:
Thank you, I really appreciate it! I love his eyes, but they’re so hard for me to capture. (Actually, in retrospect, I think I even got the color wrong.)
I did notice the eye color. But I think when I was watching one of your videos in youtube, you change the colors while you're drawing so I thought you were going to transition into the hazel green (okay, indescribable eyes) that Josh has. One of my frustrations about sticking to pencil and paper is that I can't capture that beauty. I hope you do. It already looks like it's getting there. Good luck!
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Flora wrote:

TEB wrote:You have Josh's eyes just right. Even unfinished, it is easy to tell it is him.
Thank you, I really appreciate it! I love his eyes, but they’re so hard for me to capture. (Actually, in retrospect, I think I even got the color wrong.).

I just went through some of my pics looking for a closeup of Josh. You got the eyes right. Alot of the time, the flash does reflect quite brightly from his eyes but on one of them, the color is just the same as you have.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I have it!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, its late, but my amaaaazing idea is this :lol: :

Libera Guitar Hero! Ok, so it wouldn't be Guitar Hero anymore, but it would be like, Libera kareoke, except maybe you could play the instrumentals if you felt like it and you would get extra points for doing the choreography correctly, but you would lose points if you did it wrong, like if you weren't in time with the boys. And also, you would be able to pick what part you were singing, like in Stay With Me, you could sing the main solo, the descant, or the chorus part, or you could sing the tenor parts.... It would be soooo much fun!

And now as I read what I just wrote, I think it is time for me to go to bed :lol: :wink:
hyphus27

Post by hyphus27 »

LIBERA GUITAR HERO. i would so play that, even though i can't sing. HAHA. i would sing the backing vocals in I Am the Day, i love those.

btw, Flora, i love your art. all of it. can't wait for the next thing you put up on youtube.
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

carina_gino20 wrote:I did notice the eye color. But I think when I was watching one of your videos in youtube, you change the colors while you're drawing so I thought you were going to transition into the hazel green (okay, indescribable eyes) that Josh has. One of my frustrations about sticking to pencil and paper is that I can't capture that beauty. I hope you do. It already looks like it's getting there. Good luck!
Hey, thank you for watching my videos closely enough to notice one of the systems I use! I might have planned on adjusting the color, but I can’t remember. Are you kidding? You draw his eyes beautifully! I’ve done a couple of (not great) traditional drawings of Josh, and believe me, your art has a rare and extraordinary life to it. Please give yourself more credit.
TEB wrote:I just went through some of my pics looking for a closeup of Josh. You got the eyes right. Alot of the time, the flash does reflect quite brightly from his eyes but on one of them, the color is just the same as you have.
You did my research for me! Thank you! I guess what I do with the eyes will ultimately depend on the lighting, but it’s relieving to know that I’ve got a little leeway.
libera36 wrote:Libera Guitar Hero! Ok, so it wouldn't be Guitar Hero anymore, but it would be like, Libera kareoke, except maybe you could play the instrumentals if you felt like it and you would get extra points for doing the choreography correctly, but you would lose points if you did it wrong, like if you weren't in time with the boys. And also, you would be able to pick what part you were singing, like in Stay With Me, you could sing the main solo, the descant, or the chorus part, or you could sing the tenor parts.... It would be soooo much fun!:
Haha, oh, wow! That is a great idea. I can totally see something like this as a means of expanding your vocal range--I would definitely have to start with the middle and work my way up. Also, having special tracks in which to hear the tenor parts would be amazing. Listening to countermelodies always gives me a fuller appreciation of music.
hyphus27 wrote:LIBERA GUITAR HERO. i would so play that, even though i can't sing. HAHA. i would sing the backing vocals in I Am the Day, i love those.

btw, Flora, i love your art. all of it. can't wait for the next thing you put up on youtube.
Right there with you, Hyphus! I can’t carry a tune either. I think the only part of “I Am the Day” I could ever emulate is Sam Leggett’s speaking bit, and I bet I’d still manage to talk out key somehow. Thank you so much for kind words!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Flora wrote:Super-obnoxious quote-filled reply, sorry!
tcliffy wrote:wonderful job and welcome to the forum. I don't know why you abandoned the picture of Josh, it looks like it was coming along great.
Thank you for the kind words and the welcome! (Have I seen you around the Joseph McManners Forum? I used to lurk there under a different pen name.) Maybe I'll work on the picture of Josh again--you have inspired me!
Yes, I'm a member of that forum as well.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;