Digital art

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

heeh91
Silver Member

Post by heeh91 »

hello flora it's heeh91! yes, i saw your digital paintings on youtube and thought people here would really enjoy it! you do great work.

glad you have joined the forum.
Narnian

Post by Narnian »

Well done, Flora! :wink: you've got a talent! :)
We are waiting for ya new master-pieces! they are coool!! :wink:
greetings from Narnian 8)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Flora wrote:
Hey, thank you for watching my videos closely enough to notice one of the systems I use! I might have planned on adjusting the color, but I can’t remember. Are you kidding? You draw his eyes beautifully! I’ve done a couple of (not great) traditional drawings of Josh, and believe me, your art has a rare and extraordinary life to it. Please give yourself more credit.
Thanks. :) I try to capture the expressions (especially of the eyes) in my sketches. For the most part, I'm satisfied. But there are moments when I see very beautiful eyes (like Josh's) and wish I could convey not just their sparkle but also their color.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

:D :D :D Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant :D :D :D

How cool are those and we have yet another talented artist among our numbers. 8)

I would so love to play that video game - perhaps good Libera (in white hoodies) have to free the world from their evil doppleganger selves (black hoodies)..........

And I so wish I could have your picture of Michael as my avatar. Truly great stuff.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

heeh91 wrote:hello flora it's heeh91! yes, i saw your digital paintings on youtube and thought people here would really enjoy it! you do great work.

glad you have joined the forum.
Aw, Heeh91, thank you so much for sharing them! I had a random week of extra comments a while back, and I’m sure I have you and the people here to thank for that. It’s great to see you here!
Narnian wrote:Well done, Flora! :wink: you've got a talent! :)
We are waiting for ya new master-pieces! they are coool!! :wink:
greetings from Narnian 8)
Yay, Narnian, thanks a million! I’ve seen you around the forums too but never had an opportunity to say hello. Great to meet you! I appreciate your comments.
carina_gino20 wrote:Thanks. :) I try to capture the expressions (especially of the eyes) in my sketches. For the most part, I'm satisfied. But there are moments when I see very beautiful eyes (like Josh's) and wish I could convey not just their sparkle but also their color.
You certainly succeed in that--I love the emotive power of your portraits. You always get a sense of actual feeling from your art, which is something I admire. Hey, if you wanted to, you could always just color the eyes separately with colored pencils or ink or something! Especially in high contrast pictures, it can look really atmospheric. This is a bad, bad example because a) it’s digital and b) I know you could do way better, but here’s a pic of Josh that I drew from the Libera video:

This kind of thing might be fun because it wouldn’t overpower any of your beautiful line work, but it allows you some controllable opportunities to work with color. (I know when I draw traditionally I usually have to stick with subtler things like coloring eyes and backgrounds, not being very experienced in anything but pencil and ink.)

Sorry, that was a lot of rambling!
Yorkie wrote::D :D :D Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant :D :D :D

How cool are those and we have yet another talented artist among our numbers. 8)

I would so love to play that video game - perhaps good Libera (in white hoodies) have to free the world from their evil doppleganger selves (black hoodies)..........

And I so wish I could have your picture of Michael as my avatar. Truly great stuff.
Thank you very much! Yes, I’m so impressed by the artists in this community--they say creativity breeds creativity, and Libera is a great source of inspiration.

Good Libera versus Evil Libera! That’s awesome! It makes sense because I sometimes think of them with conflicting public images--their decorous concert image, of course, then the hoodies-turned-angels gimmick for “When Will I Be Famous.”

Please feel free to use my art for your avatar if you like; I would be so flattered! Your current picture was obviously my photo reference.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

That drawing is EPIC! That's what I found in mind before. But I don't know how well it would work on paper. I'll have to try it out someday.haha. I actually have some cheap watercolors with me that I haven't used yet.

One thing if I do that is I'll have to try even harder to perfect the shading of the rest of the face (I tend to have heavy lines sometimes). Otherwise, the color would look very harsh against the face.

And that drawing is really all sorts of awesome! haha.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Narnian

Post by Narnian »

... and here we go! NEW pic, wonderfull... I like this style - black/white with lil colour ;) His eyes are magic in this pic ;)
I like your works and I think you have to stay with us ;) Be free to post a lot ;)
:wink: it’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Flora, I was on Libera Fans earlier and noticed your new picture is your avatar over there. It looks fab.

In honour of your work I made my avatar on Libera Fans your picture of Michael (too big to fit on this site).
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Flora wrote: Image
Holy moly :shock: .... how awesome is that image!! Flora, you are really really good. I would love to use that image in my avatar??
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

carina_gino20 wrote:That drawing is EPIC! That's what I found in mind before. But I don't know how well it would work on paper. I'll have to try it out someday.haha. I actually have some cheap watercolors with me that I haven't used yet.

One thing if I do that is I'll have to try even harder to perfect the shading of the rest of the face (I tend to have heavy lines sometimes). Otherwise, the color would look very harsh against the face.

And that drawing is really all sorts of awesome! haha.
Aah, no one has ever called something I’ve done “epic!” Carina, you made my day!! Thank you so much for all the amazing comments!

If you ever give it a shot, please don’t forget to show us! If anyone, you could pull it off. Something I’ve found that looks really nice with little bits of color is mid-toned paper, because you’re forced to use darker darks and lighter lights to make your image show up. Makes for a drawing with lots of contrast! I honestly haven’t noticed your heavy lines at all, but it’s awesome that you still find things to improve at your level--your consciousness of your own work is very inspiring.
Narnian wrote:... and here we go! NEW pic, wonderfull... I like this style - black/white with lil colour ;) His eyes are magic in this pic ;)
I like your works and I think you have to stay with us ;) Be free to post a lot ;)
This community is so welcoming that you’ll have a problem getting rid of me, I’m sorry to say. Thank you so much for your kind words!
Yorkie wrote:Flora, I was on Libera Fans earlier and noticed your new picture is your avatar over there. It looks fab.

In honour of your work I made my avatar on Libera Fans your picture of Michael (too big to fit on this site).
Oh! You’re right, I forgot I had it there! It’s pretty edited on Libera Fans, isn’t it? I did a lot of fiddling around with that one image. Thank you so, so much for using my art somewhere--I can’t tell you how much it means to me!
Jude Andrew wrote:Holy moly :shock: .... how awesome is that image!! Flora, you are really really good. I would love to use that image in my avatar??
Jude, thanks a million, and feel free. Feel more than free. That would make the happiest person alive!!!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

You should send this drawings to official libera, they might sign you up as their on-tour artist, that way you get to see all their concerts, and all they'll want in return is a few drawings/paintings ;)
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Flora wrote: Jude, thanks a million, and feel free. Feel more than free. That would make the happiest person alive!!!
Thanks Flora :D , I'll try to do it justice !
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

FLOOOORAAA!! I'm here...ON THE FORUM!! haha
Why didn't you post the AMAZING picture of Josh and the SUPER LIFE-LIKE, LOOKS LIKE A PHOTO one of Sam and Alex??
..or is it in another post??
if it's not. POOOOST THEEEEEMMM!!
lol
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
illuminaperpetua
Silver Member

Post by illuminaperpetua »

Oh...smarticle me :roll: lol I didn't see it!! :lol:
EARTHBENDERS: The Earth beneath your feet is an extension of your face...use it!
Flora
Silver Member

Post by Flora »

JimmyRiddle wrote:You should send this drawings to official libera, they might sign you up as their on-tour artist, that way you get to see all their concerts, and all they'll want in return is a few drawings/paintings ;)
So sorry for the late reply! Oh…man, I don’t know what I would do if something like that ever happened!! Probably just pinch myself and wake up, haha. Thank you very much!
illuminaperpetua wrote:FLOOOORAAA!! I'm here...ON THE FORUM!! haha
Why didn't you post the AMAZING picture of Josh and the SUPER LIFE-LIKE, LOOKS LIKE A PHOTO one of Sam and Alex??
..or is it in another post??
if it's not. POOOOST THEEEEEMMM!!
lol
Ohmaigawsh, Illuminaperpetua, you’re actually on the boards!! I did a double-take when I saw your name; it’s great to see you here. Now we just have to get you to share some more of your recent art with us…hint hint!! ♥

I hope it’s okay if I just keep adding things to this thread, so I don’t clog up the forum with too many new topics. Here are just a few more:

Tiarnan from the DVD’s “In Their Own Words” featurette--I was trying to make something that looked more like an actual painting, but I'm not sure it worked out too well.

Sam and Alex Leggett. It’s actually a little bigger than this, but Photobucket shrank it.

♥ Flora

P.S. If the aspect ratio is wrong on the pictures, could you let me know? They looked stretched on my dad's computer, so I want to make sure it's not my laptop that's messed up. Thank you!