A newly uncovered not seen before (possibly) video

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: A newly uncovered not seen before (possibly) video

Post by Yorkie »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:40 pm">1 month ago</span>
Wow. I wish we could do some AI cleansing on more of those old videos. That turned out well.

Jaymi and Sam were a good duo.
Well, the source was decent and as with all things it is a trade off. Kent did a great job on cleaning up the view of faces but it does cause a few issues on the zoomed out shots and on the steps.

Did you notice that they were barefoot?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

[td][/td]
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:14 pm">1 month ago</span>
dani wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:58 pm">1 month ago</span>
1987 is the year I’m going with but it could be 1988. I just did a YouTube search for the chat show and 1987 the background matches with the stage setting as I just watched a Bee Gees performance.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

:mrgreen: yay

Thank you for sharing this wonderful video with us.

It’s a fantastic video and always a joy to see the early beginnings of the group.

Robert Prizeman had a magical talent for picking out talented kids and getting the best out of them.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:04 pm">1 month ago</span> Did you notice that they were barefoot?
I did not, but those were the barefoot years. They were also barefoot on the CD cover.

R-4708026-1456052856-2973.jpg
R-4708026-1456052856-2973.jpg (147.16 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
R-4708026-1456052856-2973.jpg
R-4708026-1456052856-2973.jpg (147.16 KiB) Viewed 1572 times

So many names seemingly lost to history. It looks like Ian Tilley behind, right of Sam, and Robert Chee-a-Tow in front, but I'd be hard-pressed to name any others.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I swear that I've seen that bit where Jaymi and Sam faced each other and sang as part of an introduction to some old British show that featured the old choir, (St. Philip's or Angel Voices).
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

Thanks for sharing this. I’ve never seen it before. I’ll ask Wayne about it on Twit-X since it’s his You Tube channel.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Cainmac wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:00 am">1 month ago</span> Thanks for sharing this. I’ve never seen it before. I’ll ask Wayne about it on Twit-X since it’s his You Tube channel.
If its on Wayne's YouTube channel it is because he has taken it from mine & uploaded it to his. This wasn't on YouTube anywhere until Patrick & I discovered it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:06 am">1 month ago</span> I swear that I've seen that bit where Jaymi and Sam faced each other and sang as part of an introduction to some old British show that featured the old choir, (St. Philip's or Angel Voices).
You are confusing with the Pebble Mill version from 1988.
Same song, just one year later, same boys, same stage arrangements, but different videos.
Sing Forever comparison 2.jpg
Sing Forever comparison 2.jpg (90.94 KiB) Viewed 1527 times
Sing Forever comparison 2.jpg (90.94 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

It exists at least 5 different videos of Sing Forever broadcast on UK TV between 1987 and 2003.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Wow thank you, it was just like Wogan said, terrific !
Cainmac

Post by Cainmac »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:42 am">1 month ago</span> If its on Wayne's YouTube channel it is because he has taken it from mine & uploaded it to his. This wasn't on YouTube anywhere until Patrick & I discovered it.
Wayne sorted it. For some reason, I couldn’t link to yours last night, but I could link to his 1988 performance down the scroll. This morning, I was able to link to the true find. So, I’m blessed with viewing 2 pre-Libera videos that I’d never seen.

Wayne said he will add it to his You Tube channel, if he can.

Sorry for the mix-up, Yorkie. It was past my bedtime. 😉
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you for finding this and making it available to all of us - much appreciated. Definitely a cool look back in time! :D
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Does anyone owns this video ?

https://libera-passion.exprimetoi.net/t ... bera#27802

I have never seen it and it says the video is private.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Check DM :wink:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:46 am">1 month ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:06 am">1 month ago</span> I swear that I've seen that bit where Jaymi and Sam faced each other and sang as part of an introduction to some old British show that featured the old choir, (St. Philip's or Angel Voices).
You are confusing with the Pebble Mill version from 1988.
Same song, just one year later, same boys, same stage arrangements, but different videos.

It exists at least 5 different videos of Sing Forever broadcast on UK TV between 1987 and 2003.
You're right. Robert must have adopted a sort of standard choreography for this particular song.
Cat-a-tonic

Post by Cat-a-tonic »

Did I understand Terry Wogan to say that Sing Forever was written specially for the Children in Need submission? Or is it just that the choir submitted a song they already sang for that occasion?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Cat-a-tonic wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:53 pm">1 month ago</span> Did I understand Terry Wogan to say that Sing Forever was written specially for the Children in Need submission? Or is it just that the choir submitted a song they already sang for that occasion?
I think what he said is a little ambiguous. I think he says that they asked childrens choirs to submit songs to be used to raise funds for Children in Need and Sing Forever was their favourite. You could interpret it to mean it was written for CiN but he doesn't actually say that.

It is possible that it was written specifically for CiN, but it just could be that it was an already written song that just happened to perfectly fit the brief.

Mercy & Love