Introducing RidgeRat: above tree line, but far below heaven

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

RidgeRat

Introducing RidgeRat: above tree line, but far below heaven

Post by RidgeRat »

Hi. I am the RidgeRat. This is very hard for me. As a typically grumpy marmot, as I do not consider myself a fanatic about anything. But it is the truth... I am a Libera-holic.

How do I know this?

- Other than the most recent composite vids, I didn't see any downloadable vids on the "Dreams" site that I didn't already have;

- I can recite all of the SPBC and Libera soloists from the "New Day" CD onward;

- I have definite opinions about who are the best of the best in Libera, and anybody who disagrees with me must be even crazier than I am;

- I have backup disks of all of the AV and Libera albums sitting on my shelf in shrink wrap. I can't take the chance that I will damage one of the opened ones and be without a spare!

- I fuss about details such as the mix of "Far Away" being different on the "World" and "Angel Voices (Libera)" disks, or replacing the brilliant clarinet lines from Visions with synthesizer (though I admit it is easier to take on the road);

- I take at least one Libera disk around with me anywhere I go if there is a chance that it will be playable there;

- I started playing the recorder so I could backpack Libera music on days when I am more than two days travel from the nearest source of electricity;

- My own strange "Libera Dreams" have me guiding Michael Horncastle and Steven Garaghty around Blackjack Ridge Loop, with Michael always on the margins of getting lost, me giving him unrelenting grief about it (to which he pays no attention whatsoever), and Steven is annoyed with the both of us for so much silliness and falling behind schedule. Hey, that's nowhere near as crazy as the one where I challenge Steven to a recorder showdown, and bribe the "neutral judge" Liam to throw the contest so I win it...

For now, I'm hoping for "inside scoop" here about whether the evil god Robert Prizeman and his minions have some stunning new material up their long and flowing sleeves.
RidgeRat - Viewing the world from the highest rock
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

RidgeRat, welcome to Libera Dreams. I hope that you can find all the "inside scoop" you are looking for here :)
Libera_me

wow

Post by Libera_me »

Wow! You are very dedicated!
How do you play Libera Music on the Recorder? I can play the Recorder and I would love to play Libera music on it!