Most exciting movie part

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

TEB
Gold Member

Most exciting movie part

Post by TEB »

What is the most exciting movie part you have ever seen? It can be from anykind of movie, all subjects.

My answer is a tie between two different movies.
1- The moment the Mothership comes in for a landing over the top of Devil's Tower in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
2- When the combined ships USS Discovery/Russian ship Leonov escape from Jupiter before the gas giant explodes in 2010:Odyssey Two based on the novel of the same name by Arthur C. Clarke, the worlds greatest science/fiction writer.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
kjackson83

Re: Most exciting movie part

Post by kjackson83 »

TEB wrote:What is the most exciting movie part you have ever seen? It can be from anykind of movie, all subjects.

My answer is a tie between two different movies.
1- The moment the Mothership comes in for a landing over the top of Devil's Tower in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
2- When the combined ships USS Discovery/Russian ship Leonov escape from Jupiter before the gas giant explodes in 2010:Odyssey Two based on the novel of the same name by Arthur C. Clarke, the worlds greatest science/fiction writer.
Oh gosh, I am such a movie junkie...

* the moment where Eomer appears on the hill above Helm's Deep in The Two Towers, before flying down the hill (and ending the movie).
* The moment of realisation between Werner Heisenberg and Niels Bohr in Copenhagen...

...and so many others :D
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I have another one.

The moment Darth Vader realizes how wrong he was and attacks Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars, Return of The Jedi.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

jesuspeace34

Re: Most exciting movie part

Post by jesuspeace34 »

* the moment where Eomer appears on the hill above Helm's Deep in The Two Towers, before flying down the hill (and ending the movie).

...and so many others :D
I remember the first time I saw this movie I felt the same way. I was like, "This is so awesome".

I also thought the end battle of Avatar was very exciting.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I have two more for you now.
In Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. As the Enterprise is escaping before the Relient explodes.
And,
In ALIENS, when Ripley tells the alien queen to stay away from Newt by saying; "Stay away from her you B***h!!" and then knocks the queen across the cargo deck on the Sulaco.

If you haven't already noticed it, I like space opera movies.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American