Libera at Hibiya Music Festival, June 3-4

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

theriverflowson
Silver Member

Re: Libera at Hibiya Music Festival, June 3-4

Post by theriverflowson »

Another trip to Japan? I'm more than surprised :shock: (but of course it makes totally sense with the new album having been released in Japan a fews days before)
Last edited by theriverflowson on Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Seiji Kameda, composer of "For the Future", is listed as the Executive Committee Chairman of the festival.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Luca wrote this on his Patreon page about 10 days ago. I think I can share it now that everything has been revealed:
South Korea in 2 weeks, then Japan, USA, and back to Japan
So, it sounds like the USA trip will be sometime after the first Japan trip, probably in mid- to late summer.

He also revealed another interesting (but still tentative) event on his calendar, probably related to the release of his album, but that will have to remain confidential to his patrons for now. :wink:
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

Well, amazing for them, but I guess that does also make the chance of a UK spring concert even lower. Still, hope dies last, right? (Damn you, Pandora!)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

"Unexpected" to say the least! But I'm glad they're back in the full swing of international touring.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'm interested in seeing what else they'll be doing there when it comes to promoting the album. I'm hoping for some tv appearances, etc. where there singing voices will be recorded (Hopefully in Korea also).
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Perhaps they'll hit the USA on their way to or from Japan in June?
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Good for them! I would love to go to Japan but it's out of the question for me at the moment :(

Still no word on a UK show this spring. I'm really hoping they will have one. It does appear Luca will have a solo concert in late May. In the absence of a full Libera concert, that would be a very worthwhile alternative.

I guess I'll see how things pan out with announcements in the coming weeks. Fingers crossed! :D
"You are not alone"
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It’s a shame there will likely be no Spring concert for the U.K. but they are all obviously incredibly busy with the album and touring elsewhere so it’s just unfortunate for us here.

It must be quite daunting to have to arrange multiple tours and an album launch without Robert at the helm and all the pressure that brings.
Celtic

Post by Celtic »

dani wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:40 pm">1 year ago</span> It’s a shame there will likely be no Spring concert for the U.K. but they are all obviously incredibly busy with the album and touring elsewhere so it’s just unfortunate for us here.

It must be quite daunting to have to arrange multiple tours and an album launch without Robert at the helm and all the pressure that brings.
Yeah, I said the same in the Korea thread, the loss of Robert is not just a musical one, but a logistical one, and that is a big gap to fill. We (here in the UK/Europe) will just have to be patient with them. I mean they haven't announced the second Japan weekend nor the US tour, both of which seem to definitely be happening, so you just have to BELIEVE that they simply haven't had time to announce a UK concert.

THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS, OR THE MAGIC WON'T WORK!! :x

:roll: But I mean, unless someone here suddenly became a millionaire and can sponsor a UK concert? Then we can't do anything about it anyway, so we will have to make the best of it. And for those of us really jonesing, you know where they are to get your fix. :P
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:59 am">1 year ago</span> Perhaps they'll hit the USA on their way to or from Japan in June?
Hi Tully

Don't forget their tours have to fit in with UK school breaks so:

Korea - 2 week Easter break
Japan 1 - late May 1 week break
USA - main 6 week summer vacation from late July/early August.
Japan 2 - Late October 1 week break

The only other school holidays are Christmas & February.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:40 pm">1 year ago</span> It’s a shame there will likely be no Spring concert for the U.K. but they are all obviously incredibly busy with the album and touring elsewhere so it’s just unfortunate for us here.

Yes, all true. I think we can rule out a UK spring concert now we know they are going to Japan. I just don't see how they can fit it in given all the tours as well.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:18 pm">1 year ago</span>
TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:59 am">1 year ago</span> Perhaps they'll hit the USA on their way to or from Japan in June?
Hi Tully

I forgot they weren't out for the summer by June.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:41 am">1 year ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:18 pm">1 year ago</span>
Hi Tully

I forgot they weren't out for the summer by June.

Yep in the U.K we get 6 weeks off for summer but the U.S seem to get about 10 weeks for summer vacation. We don’t break up until the back end of July and then back in the first week September.