Carol of the Bells Review

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Carol of the Bells Review

Post by Surpinto »

No, not by me :lol: but by a professional vocal coach who has just under 900k subscribers.

LordG

Re: Carol of the Bells Review

Post by LordG »

There is nothing to add to this reaction :D :!:
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I love how that the reviewer says some true things here, particularly at 4:04. So right! A note does not live only because it is made audible. You must shape it somehow, do something with it to bring it to life and to make the listener not only hear, but feel it. Otherwise it's just a "jacket" without filling. This is not only valid for singing, but for instrumental music as well.

And I never knew it's "throw cats away" in the lyrics, thank you, YouTube subtitles generator. (0:19) :shock: :P :lol:

Btw, I miss an own Libera song section here in the forum; it's strange that a forum about a choir exists without that. 8)
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

And here is another one:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

And another another

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I just realized that COTB now has 28 million hits. It obviously resonates with a large audience :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote: <span title="Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:27 pm">3 months ago</span> I just realized that COTB now has 28 million hits. It obviously resonates with a large audience :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yes, it piles on around 3 million views each December + a steady amount over the rest of the year. Interesting that the 2010 video has basically frozen at 10 million views and no longer gets attention because I like that one. Throw in the various live versions and this single song probably counts to around a third of their overall YouTube views.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Interesting that this song is the one that gets all of the attention, but at least it's a good introduction to Libera for the uninitiated. I would guess that it's the familiarity some have with the piece that causes this. But between the video itself and the reviewers I feel as though Libera can attract a lot more positive attention in the music world.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

It's the combination of the familiarity of the song, the vibrancy of Libera's performance and the refreshing innovation of its arrangement that makes it so appealing.