introduce yourselves

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Welcome to the forum! We are a friendly bunch here! :)
Freak

Post by Freak »

Welcome to the forum :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

my (delayed) introduction...

Post by maartendas »

I guess I'm not a really new newbie anymore here, but I just found out I skipped the proper first step of introducing myself, so here goes :)

I discovered Libera two years ago through a close friend of mine and it took me some time to get used to their sound. I have always had a broad taste in music but this fell outside of all the categories I was used to. But, finally, after many views of their performance of Sanctus in the Yankee stadium and of clips from the Leiden concert on Youtube, I finally realised I really loved their sound. And it has been great from that moment on.

I fell in love with soloists like Josh, Ben and Tom but gradually discovered that there is so much more to the world of Libera. Recently I am enjoying watching the really old Libera videos and wondering what become of those early Libera stars. And I also have high expectations of the new boys in the limelight.

I cannot think of my musical world without Libera anymore, they have become a very important part of my life, and part of the enjoyment of that is sharing this mutual love on boards like these. Sadly though a different Libera fansite that I visited quite often was closed last year, so I hope this one stays for a long long time - as long as Libera lasts!

Oh yeah, a little bit about me: I'm 30 years old, work as a part time home help (cleaning), freelance journalist and poet. I became a Catholic this Easter and have future dreams of becoming a friar minor. I live with my cat Sam in the most beautiful city in the world, Utrecht in the Netherlands :) Anything else, just ask or read my posts :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Murkskis

Re: my (delayed) introduction...

Post by Murkskis »

maartendas wrote:I guess I'm not a really new newbie anymore here, but I just found out I skipped the proper first step of introducing myself, so here goes :)
Interesting introduction story ! Thanks for sharing :D
maartendas wrote: always had a broad taste in music but this fell outside of all the categories I was used to.
Yeah, this is so true!
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Re: my (delayed) introduction...

Post by Rebecca (: »

Murkskis wrote:
maartendas wrote:
maartendas wrote: always had a broad taste in music but this fell outside of all the categories I was used to.
Yeah, this is so true!
Same for me! I normally only listened to country music before Libera, now I listen to country, choral, and classical! :D
Libera73
Silver Member

Post by Libera73 »

heyyy, im not a 'newbie' to Libera, i have been listening to them since i was 11, and i am now 19. i'm from brisbane, australia. and Libera is my all time favourite music, my ipod is all Libera, and there are like 2 songs wich are'nt Libera on my ipod :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Libera73 wrote:heyyy, im not a 'newbie' to Libera, i have been listening to them since i was 11, and i am now 19. i'm from brisbane, australia. and Libera is my all time favourite music, my ipod is all Libera, and there are like 2 songs wich are'nt Libera on my ipod :D
Sounds crazy...
(take the compliment :lol: )

BTW, you might want to fly to Japan for a concert 8) It's not so far as London :wink:
P.s. am I egoistic to say so :oops: ? I would like to read a review after that :lol:
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Libera73 wrote:heyyy, im not a 'newbie' to Libera, i have been listening to them since i was 11, and i am now 19. i'm from brisbane, australia. and Libera is my all time favourite music, my ipod is all Libera, and there are like 2 songs wich are'nt Libera on my ipod :D
Sweet :D Come 2011, it will be my 3rd no wait 4th year listening to them, but I see you've loved them for quite some time!
161 songs on my ipod are Libera... and my ipod case is Libera :D But I do have other songs as well, about 20 country and 30 other classical/choir songs. (:
Libera73
Silver Member

Post by Libera73 »

Murkskis wrote:
Sounds crazy...
(take the compliment :lol: )

BTW, you might want to fly to Japan for a concert 8) It's not so far as London :wink:
P.s. am I egoistic to say so :oops: ? I would like to read a review after that :lol:
oh yeah Japan.. or even the Phillipines, thats even closer. haha. thanks :D
Libera73
Silver Member

Post by Libera73 »

Rebecca (: wrote:
Sweet :D Come 2011, it will be my 3rd no wait 4th year listening to them, but I see you've loved them for quite some time!
161 songs on my ipod are Libera... and my ipod case is Libera :D But I do have other songs as well, about 20 country and 30 other classical/choir songs. (:
haha ok, that makes me feel heaps better :) thanks bec x
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Libera73 wrote:
I think you'll find the same is true for quite a few members ;)
Libera73
Silver Member

Post by Libera73 »

Libera73 wrote:
I think you'll find the same is true for quite a few members ;)

yes! and thats why i joined the forum, to talk to other fans like me :D
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Nice......well just wanted to get in on the subject...so yeah....I do have Libera albums on my imaginary ipod....and I've been listening to Libera for about 6 months or so........
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

I've been listening to Libera for about a year now, but only just got intrested in going to there concerts, my first was St Georges this year. Looking forward to more next year, hope they do a UK tour.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

paul30003 wrote:I've been listening to Libera for about a year now, but only just got intrested in going to there concerts, my first was St Georges this year. Looking forward to more next year, hope they do a UK tour.
You are very blessed to be able to attend shows.