Summer 2023 US Tour

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Cainmac

Summer 2023 US Tour

Post by Cainmac »

With Surpinto’s announcement of Libera’s visit to South Korea, I am hopeful that this will allow time for a US Tour in the summer of 2023. Will be waiting and watching for the next announcement, Surpinto. Fingers crossed…and toes.

:D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Summer 2023 US Tour

Post by Surpinto »

LOL! Well now that you've started this thread (hopefully not in vain :lol: :wink:) I'll be sure to post any information I find here. Though to be fair, others like FDL, Jimmy Riddle, many others often get a hold of the information faster than I do.

I'm hoping so badly for a US tour in 2023 also, but until it's announced officially all we can do is hope. However, here are my reasons for optimism:
  1. They had a US tour every year 2017 through 2019 and seemed to be planning a 2020 tour which never took place due to COVID.
  2. Libera of the US, their charity affiliate in the United States, put out a statement in Dec 2020 about a tour to both coasts possibly. Though this ambitious plan may likely change with so much time having passed since that announcement, it says that even at the height of the pandemic tour plans were being considered.
  3. Those of us who have chatted with the Libera of the US personnel during past tours know how keen they are to bring Libera to the US and to support their tours. This would not just suddenly fizzle out.
:D
Cainmac wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:07 pm">1 year ago</span> Fingers crossed…and toes.
Yes exactly! :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I move this post into the 'chat' section.
Although a tour of the USA in the summer of 2023 is possible or even probable, so far there has been no concrete information to support this rumour.

It will be time to create a post about a US tour 2023 in the concerts section when factual information appears indicating the holding of such a tour :wink:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:09 pm">1 year ago</span> I move this post into the 'chat' section.
Although a tour of the USA in the summer of 2023 is possible or even probable, so far there has been no concrete information to support this rumour.

It will be time to create a post about a US tour 2023 in the concerts section when factual information appears indicating the holding of such a tour :wink:
Thank you for doing so. It is really more appropriate here and I should have recognized that when replying.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

I imagine the biggest hurdle for Libera travelling anywhere abroad in a COVID world is insurance. Just because it seems to (mostly) be off the news agenda, doesn’t mean there is no longer a pandemic. There very much is.

Travelling in small parties has become easier, but a large group made up mainly of children is an insurance firm’s dream in a COVID world, especially with the situation still very fluid and transient from one month to the next.

Sincerely hope the boys can travel abroad again in the very near future. It occurred to me recently that there are soon gonna be a couple of generations of Libera boys who’ve never travelled abroad with the group, which is sad for them as well as for fans.
By the time Libera get back to the States, very few of the boys that were last there will be there again (if any).
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

It occurred to me recently that there are soon gonna be a couple of generations of Libera boys who’ve never travelled abroad with the group, which is sad for them as well as for fans.
Then it's up to us to see that doesn't happen, so send in your contributions to Libera and Libera USA
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:47 pm">1 year ago</span> Travelling in small parties has become easier, but a large group made up mainly of children is an insurance firm’s dream in a COVID world, especially with the situation still very fluid and transient from one month to the next.
I have a hard time believing this could be a major reason since other boy choirs (including some very large ones) have travelled extensively this past spring and summer.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:26 am">1 year ago</span>
Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:47 pm">1 year ago</span> Travelling in small parties has become easier, but a large group made up mainly of children is an insurance firm’s dream in a COVID world, especially with the situation still very fluid and transient from one month to the next.
I have a hard time believing this could be a major reason since other boy choirs (including some very large ones) have travelled extensively this past spring and summer.
Granted, but we don’t know what’s been going on behind the scenes, whether the personnel is still there to pull everything together. Libera is run solely as a not-for-profit choral group with charitable status, so I’m *not sure* if that creates issues.

I’m sure they’ll travel abroad as soon as they feel the time is right and they have the finances and parental support etc.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I believe that most of their international tours in the past have largely relied upon the largess of one or two major sponsors in each country they visit. I wonder if they're able to retain those sponsors now.