Wilderness Festival, Oxfordshire, August 5th, 2022

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Mr W

Wilderness Festival, Oxfordshire, August 5th, 2022

Post by Mr W »

Wow.

Not sure how many here will be able to attend this one!

https://t.co/NxgwcpgP29

Edit by FDL : crediting the original tweet that made the info known to all.
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added the original info source.
Celtic

Re: Wilderness Festival, Oxfordshire, August 5th, 2022

Post by Celtic »

Not me.

I already looked it up, it is:

A. In the middle of nowhere.
B. Stupidly expensive, even a day ticket is £90 and I couldn't work out if these were even available for Friday.
c. The set is only 45 mins.

But presumably, being a festival, whichever crazy Libera fan does attend (you know who you are!) will be able to freely record the whole thing...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Wow good find! Anyone going to attend?
Celtic wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:42 pm">1 year ago</span> Not me.

I already looked it up, it is:

A. In the middle of nowhere.
B. Stupidly expensive, even a day ticket is £90 and I couldn't work out if these were even available for Friday.
c. The set is only 45 mins.

But presumably, being a festival, whichever crazy Libera fan does attend (you know who you are!) will be able to freely record the whole thing...
I have neither the ability nor the funds to go, but I'm curious all the same where you found the information about 45 minutes. That website is not user friendly at all and I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:53 pm">1 year ago</span> I have neither the ability nor the funds to go, but I'm curious all the same where you found the information about 45 minutes. That website is not user friendly at all and I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
The schedule is detailed on the festival app.
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

I think there are no day tickets at all, apart from for Sunday. So you would have to buy a ticket for the whole event. Its several hundred pounds.

Its a “family centric” style festival, I believe.

Hopefully they will be well received, its a decent audience for them.
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:03 pm">1 year ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:53 pm">1 year ago</span> I have neither the ability nor the funds to go, but I'm curious all the same where you found the information about 45 minutes. That website is not user friendly at all and I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
Are you planning on going?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, one positive outcome I see from this appearance is exposure to more people who may not even know that Libera exists. They may have attended to see other groups, but might hang around out of curiosity to see what Libera is like. I do wonder how well their musical presentation will work in an outdoor setting, but hopefully it will work out.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:03 pm">1 year ago</span>
Got it thanks! So strange for them to only put such things only on an app...but what can we do. :roll:
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:06 pm">1 year ago</span> Well, one positive outcome I see from this appearance is exposure to more people who may not even know that Libera exists. They may have attended to see other groups, but might hang around out of curiosity to see what Libera is like. I do wonder how well their musical presentation will work in an outdoor setting, but hopefully it will work out.
Absolutely! They did this before at World Youth Day. Even just name recognition is good for Libera. Everyone knows choirs like the Vienna Boy Choir (the quality of their singing and albums can be discussed in other threads at LDF :roll: ) and so they can fill large concert halls easily just by name recognition alone.

If events like this help Libera to gain any of that sort of notoriety it can only be a net positive! :D
LordG

Post by LordG »

I don't think this festival will be as famous as W-O-A "Wacken open Air" :lol: :wink:

https://www.wacken.com/en/
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I see that their time of performance is Friday early afternoon. I hope there's a decent crowd, but it probably won't be as big as Friday evening or Saturday/Sunday. I hope there will be a good number of families with kids at that time.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Nice find...Looks interesting. I've not known a recent event 'Libera' has performed in that at least one fan hasn't managed to attend and report back, but this might test even the most determined. Quite impractical in many ways esp. if a sole traveller but we'll keep our fingers crossed something feeds it way back.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

So... anybody going?
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Who would be a big enough Libera fan to pay £200+ for a 45 minute session just a few days after two full concerts (plus associated accommodation costs of course)?

Answer that question and you have your answer.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yep was it ever in doubt? ;) his tweets confirming he's very much in the area of interest.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

There are some who cross an ocean just for one concert.
Crossing two shire is not so big deal 8)