Britains Got Talent

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Britains Got Talent

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:F_D_L, how do you watch British tv online?

Would it be worth posting the link somewhere so that people can tune in?
The previously said software "TVO" to access UK tv channels is no more usable since yesterday :(
The UK proxy used by this software is no more online, so the software can not connect to UK live channels for people abroad UK like me.

But we are not defeated, we will try to embed a stream player on the french forum tonight :)
Currently testing, I will add an URL later here if everything went OK.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
Yorkie wrote:F_D_L, how do you watch British tv online?

Would it be worth posting the link somewhere so that people can tune in?
The previously said software "TVO" to access UK tv channels is no more usable since yesterday :(
The UK proxy used by this software is no more online, so the software can not connect to UK live channels for people abroad UK like me.

But we are not defeated, we will try to embed a stream player on the french forum tonight :)
Currently testing, I will add an URL later here if everything went OK.
Good luck - and what's happened to your avatar?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Only watched Ronan, Jai and James since only these names popped up in comments around here. To be honest I wasn't too impressed with either Ronan or James in their semi finals though they impressed me earlier on. Ronan's song choice was safe and James' choreography seemed really random, not set to the music. I mean, they're both very talented but Jai was the only one who really caught me. He should do a duet with Josh Groban! :) Amazing voice.
For me, it would be
1 Jai
2 James ( because of the dream)
3 Ronan
Sorry to all the other contestants ;) And yes I can be a sour whine when it comes to these talent shows... ;) You know, one of these people for whom nothing is good enough... But that's not to say I don't enjoy what I see.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:Good luck - and what's happened to your avatar?
Don't know.... :?
I reloaded it and now seems OK... strange.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

I'm rooting for Jai and Ronan simply because of personal preference. But the other acts are good, too. New Bounce semi-final performance was a good example of how the low notes supports the high notes. Within one song they demonstrated the difference between just high notes and high+low notes.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The BGT final is know in a little more that 30 minuts on ITV 1 channel :) !

If you are abroad UK and want to see the show, I invite you to come to this topic on the French Forum ! :)
There is an embedded video that should be usable :)
(edit : Topic removed as the competition is now ended)

If you want to comment live the show, you can use the Chatbox, still on the french forum.
English is welcomed :)
Syntax in the chatbox is like BBCode, you can use tags like [img] and so.
(edit : The chatbox is now closed, till the next opportunity to use it ;) )
worshipper28
Silver Member

Post by worshipper28 »

Wow to wait such a long time before to know who wins
My favorite Ronan " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So now i know he is second place
Thank you FDL because otherwise it was inpossible for me this to see
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

You're welcomed Worshipper28 :)
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

Ronan second, but his carreer is launched I think. Maybe he should have picked another song, like the style of his audition song. I hope we can enjoy his voice for a long time before it breaks.
I really get goosebumps when I listen to him! Great voice, great kid!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, great performance form Ronan, and I liked his song choice :)

Greater performance that the one of the winner to my opinion, Ronan deserved to win, but at least he will not have too many pressure from the media on his shoulders, and being second does not prevent him from having a brilliant career ;)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Well spoken FDL ;)
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

Go Ronan :wink:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I woke up this morning with Fix You by Coldplay stuck in my head ;) Guess I'll never listen to that song the same way again...
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Due to time difference, I didn't watch the livestream. But I watched four finals clips in YT of the acts that I care about--- Jai, Ronan, New Bounce, and Michael Collings.

Both Jai and Ronan were a bit off in the finals. Probably because of nerves of being in the finals, or lack of practice due to the short gap between the semis and the finals, or maybe both.

Jai --- I love "To Where You Are", have loved it ever since I first heard it sang by Josh Groban (though I don't know if it's his original or not). But I don't like that BGT arrangement one bit. It was hurried, and the lyrics were cut in a way that just doesn't work for me. They brought in the choir to bring in some sort of majesty, but in my opinion, that could never have replaced that of just Jai, alone, singing the song in a phase and build up that was in the original. Not his fault of course (they had limited time to perform), but "To Where You Are" just didn't work as a 2-minute song.

Ronan --- It was a nice song choice. Certainly something that can be pulled off in under 2 minutes. But I don't think he sang it particularly well. At least not to the level that I expected after watching him in the audition and the semis. The rendition didn't show his control of his wonderful voice like his audition and semi-final pieces did. It sounded strained. Perhaps he overworked his voice during the practices.

New Bounce --- They were more consistent from the semis to the finals than the two I described above. But I thought they should have chosen something livelier, like the one they sang at the semis. Their finals song choice didn't have that wow factor, or that bringing down the house factor, that they had in the semis.

Michael Collings --- Another consistent act, from the audition to the semis to the finals. But I think singing the same song that he sang at the audition hurt his chances. Which is unfortunate because I thought among the four acts that I followed he was the most consistent one. He seems like a nice guy and genuinely loves singing (probably to his wife and baby). He should have sung a different song. There's a clip of him singing Hallelujah in YT. He could have sang that.

And that's my four cents, on the four acts that I followed in BGT, thanks to Yorkie and his video sharing ways (even if he slacked at the end). :)
Colin
Silver Member

Post by Colin »

Totally agree with your comment on Ronan's performance. But still, he's super 8)