Britains Got Talent

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Not bad. I did think 'little' Bieber to begin with, but his choice and style of singing is more classy than that. So young though. Will his nerves hold out for the Semi Final and/or Finals. Remember that girl who broke down in tears a few years back.
I bet he will survive :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

A few more acts I've picked out based on number of hits rather than quality:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

This next one is special :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote:A few more acts I've picked out based on number of hits rather than quality:
Thanks Yorkie ! It was very entertaining and funny to watch!
'Neo' was so flexible and he showed some new moves that were not included in Matrix.

When that IT guy came on the stage I also didn't expect much but he proved me wrong.

'Titanic'- even more unexpected turn :lol: Loved the moment when the audience started to wave the hands - touching moment of unity. Maybe it could be invented in Libera concert someday, but it's not so easy, because the 'atmosphere of a song' should fit the moment :D

Out of the blue- no gloominess indeed :lol: A capella sounds good.
Reminds me "In the Bleak Midwinter". Is there any other a capella song by Libera?

Edward Reid- that performance was hilarious! Even more than that last video of comedy.
ba ba here and ba ba there ... twinkle, twinkle little star :lol: What a love song :lol: :lol:

And thumbs up to the last performer for the courage! 9 years old in front of such a large audience! And he had to get over the pressure of that 'fail' sound they all were more or less afraid off 8)
paopao

Post by paopao »

Murkskis wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
Edward Reid- that performance was hilarious! Even more than that last video of comedy.
ba ba here and ba ba there ... twinkle, twinkle little star :lol: What a love song :lol: :lol:
lol-ed but it's so entertaining, Amanda is right, he will make those somewhat boring nursery rhymes fun to sing along, even for adults. the choice of music is quite nice too, Snow Patrol/Leona Lewis' "Run". and the presenter was like "What!?" when Edward started to sing the first line. i've had my best laugh while watching this. :lol:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Thanks, Yorkie!

John Rutter's "All Things Bright and Beautiful" (which has a cover by Libera or the group formerly known as Angel Voices since they weren't really Libera then) and "Sing a Song of Sixpence" come to mind. But they pale in comparison to Edward Reid's (at least in terms of hilarity). :lol:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Can any local write the punch line to David Knight's joke about the parachute jump? My foreign ears couldn't quite understand the words. I might get the joke if I get to read it. Hehe...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

phlibera wrote:Can any local write the punch line to David Knight's joke about the parachute jump? My foreign ears couldn't quite understand the words. I might get the joke if I get to read it. Hehe...
Goes to see granddad's 90 year old blind friend who had had a parachute jump for his birthday. He asked him how it went and the old man said it was great but his guide dog was absolutely terrified.

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Yorkie wrote:
phlibera wrote:Can any local write the punch line to David Knight's joke about the parachute jump? My foreign ears couldn't quite understand the words. I might get the joke if I get to read it. Hehe...
Goes to see granddad's 90 year old blind friend who had had a parachute jump for his birthday. He asked him how it went and the old man said it was great but his guide dog was absolutely terrified.
Oh, so it was "guide dog". :lol: Couldn't quite make those 2 specific words out... If he wrote that one himself he's one funny kid! :lol: :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Right lets see what we have this week. Not sure how this first guy qualifies to be on BGT - he's French & lives in France (and I think he has been on t.v. over there)......

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Liking the next one......

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

#edit# and one that got away from an earlier programme:

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed May 18, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

James Hobley's dancing was amazing :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

paul30003 wrote:James Hobley's dancing was amazing :)
Yeah, and he was so happy and truly into the show! Sincerely glad for him, he just needs a field where to express himself at his best side :D

And Michael was also very good!

Just love the show tonight- no need for a telley :lol: The forum is much better :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

To get an idea of how much dancing has improved James' autism watch this older clip of him. maybe he is just older but I think dancing has allowed him to find himself and express himself. Really touching.

[youtube][/youtube]

The official BGT clip has a little bit of the interview he gave prior to his performance so it's worth posting again:

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed May 18, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Thanks for sharing these Yorkie, especially about the autistic kid that dances. Wish him all the best...

And I love Coldplay... :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Latest instalment. The first one is a bit like a night out in my local pub......

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

~edit~ this guy wasn't terrible so I've added him in too

[youtube][/youtube]

And that was about it for what grabbed me to be honest. There were a couple of acts that bared all but as this is a family forum I thought I'd better not post them!
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed May 18, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Thanks Yorkie !
It was a pleasure to see some more, particularly enjoyed 2 and a half :lol:

And Jai McDowall- I think he fits the description of ''deer in the headlights'' (pretty nervous beginning) but the ending was convincing- he got well deserved ovations ! :)