Britains Got Talent

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, another dancer stole this weeks show (following on from the young lad who won the show last year).....

http://talent.itv.com/videos/video/item_200190.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why can't I dance or sing? :(

Actually, just realised non-UK viewers might not be able to see this link - I'll see if I can track down a YouTube clip for you - He's good.

Blimey, there are some quick workers out there but unfortunately the quality of this clip is a bit poor. Found a better link so replaced the original one. Here goes.....

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, obviously nobody is looking at this thread but fyi, Susan Boyle lost to these guys....

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

The clips show the audition, semi final & final in that order.
Last edited by Yorkie on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

Diversity is an amazing group! They had 3 unique dance routines, which all felt fresh and new, as well as having amazingly talented dancers.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Well, the 2010 season has hit the audition stage and some of the stand out acts this week are:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Mercy & Love
libera36

Post by libera36 »

So far my favorites are probably Tobais Mead and Spelbound... Christopher Stone has a great voice though, and there was a young girl (Chloe somebody-or-other) in the first week that also had an impressive voice... Tough competition, and its only the second week. :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

libera36 wrote:So far my favorites are probably Tobais Mead and Spelbound... Christopher Stone has a great voice though, and there was a young girl (Chloe somebody-or-other) in the first week that also had an impressive voice... Tough competition, and its only the second week. :wink:
[youtube][/youtube]

I missed week one but Spellbound were good. I can see you are a dedicated BGT fan :D

Mercy & Love
Freak

Post by Freak »

Cool!!!Super videos!!!!! :D :D :D
irishoreo
Gold Member

Post by irishoreo »

Spellbound was absolutely amazing!
Deshaun(day-shawn!)

"Music is my Refuge. I can just crawl in between the spaces of the notes and curl my back to the loneliness."- Maya Angelou
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Week three not so good....

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Mercy & Love
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Hey, I thought Connected were quite good. A little bit behind the times, yes, but with a little bit of help they could "redefine" their music. And I thought Olivia Archbold has a nice voice... The rest of the stuff was pretty bad though. No possible winners this week, I don't think...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

libera36 wrote:Hey, I thought Connected were quite good. A little bit behind the times, yes, but with a little bit of help they could "redefine" their music. And I thought Olivia Archbold has a nice voice... The rest of the stuff was pretty bad though. No possible winners this week, I don't think...
Oh I don't know, I think the elephant deserves a medal :wink:

Mercy & Love
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Nice order of presentation Yorkie. You first presented Connected. They're in tune, but nothing really special. Then you presented Olivia. Bloody brilliant. She totally made that song her own. I've never heard any other version of that song other than Sarah McLachlan's. I think her braces have an audible effect on how she sings, though. I hope she no longer has the braces now and hope she reaches the finals.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Connected was quite good ! And Olivia was really good !!! But why did they let the elephant out of his cage? :wink: Probably I missed a bachelors party nearby :lol:
He definitely isn`t the next Susan Boyle :roll:
P.S. Did you notice Olivia hit more than 500k views on Youtube, but the elephant just ~190k ? It makes some sense.
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

You need to sign in and have the "age verification" to be able to see the elephant, so that might have limited it. Besides, it's not one to watch again and again. Once is MORE than enough. :)

I agree with Simon a bit with Connected. Although "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" was better than "I Want It That Way," both grounds have been tread on many times. They need to find something a bit newer. They have a good amount of talent, they need to find the sound.

Spellbound blew me away! I'm waiting to see what they have in store for the SemiFinals.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Absolutely right about the "age verification", it counts.
My point was not about the exact figure but about the attitude.
I can hardly accept such "talent" as the elephant on a national show.
OK I`m not from UK, so I`m not the best judge at all. But I expect this show to exist in order to reveal some real new talents- like the guy who sold mobile phones before ... you know.
What I see the focus is to keep the audience as large as possible.
Real art can`t be measured in numbers.
The question is what we choose the art by keeping up quality or the money by keeping up cheap popularity.
P.s. I`m realy trying not to be offensive to anyone, because the opinions can be so different.