Britains Got Talent

Talk about anything else here

Moderator: Moderators

phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Thanks, Libera36. It seems Pilipinas Got Talent has exactly the same format.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Right, to bring you up to date I'll post the next 4 acts through to the final but I have to say, the quality is lacking and I'm a bit embarressed about it - I meant, the 85 year old woman couldn't sing in time to the music!

Semi 3:

[youtube][/youtube]

(hint for above, it wont make much sense unless you know UK t.v. and Harry Hill)

[youtube][/youtube]

Semi 4:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

OK, seems there were 5 semi's and not 4. The last two for tonight's final are:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Won't be watching the final tonight though because I'm at the races this afternoon (horses) and then out in to Leeds for a cup of tea in the evening.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

And the winner is.............

[youtube][/youtube]

I thought they were poor on the night so I can only guess it was their audition that people voted for.

Mercy & Love
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yorkie wrote:And the winner is.............

[youtube][/youtube]

I thought they were poor on the night so I can only guess it was their audition that people voted for.

I thought their performance in the final was way to similar to their audition... Basically all the same stuff. I'm very sad that Tobias Mead didn't even place. :( I thought his act was very unique and interesting! Oh well. :cry:
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

I would say not so bad ! 8)
The problem is that I prefer singers and singing :lol:
Actually their performance was a bit risky- if you fly so high in the air you can't afford any mistake !
Probably they can't do any daydreaming on the stage :wink:

And Tobias was really interesting- I have no idea how he moved that ball.
Mathmaniac
Silver Member

Post by Mathmaniac »

I thought Tobias' performance was definitely original and amazingly done (though I preferred his semifinal performance over his final). However, I am glad for Spellbound's win. Even though they used the same track as their audition, there was definitely a different storyline through it this time. Sending one of their own flying over the judges didn't hurt either. They were all in sync with each other (which if you have ever been on a dance or gymnastics team, that takes up more time than learning the moves). I think they were the strongest competitors.

For some of the others: Connected did what they shouldn't have done, i.e. use a Westlife song. I agree with Simon when he said they should be looking to be the new thing, not repeat an outdated act. Their vocals definitely got much stronger by the finals, and if they're managed well, they've a real chance of making it big.

Paul Burling was hilarious! Albeit I did not know most of the voices (being American), his ability to switch from voice to voice (and face to face) is amazing.

Twist and Pulse was very original, funny, and impressive. Their dances are great fun.

I was not much of a Liam McNally fan mainly because of song choices. Danny boy was a good choice, but his semifinal song "You Raise Me Up" is overplayed (just as "Angel" is for alto voices). I would've liked something new (or something more obscure) for him.

More coming later.
"The true joy of life is the journey. Don't become obsessed with calculating the steps to achieve goals. Instead, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less, and enjoy the presence of the people around you."
- Dr. John Grieco, 1941-2004
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

[youtube][/youtube]

it's funny.... I hadn't seen there auditon and also missed their semi final so this was the first performance of there's that I had seen. Based on what I saw just in the final; they were head and shoulders above anyone else, imho, and deserved winners.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I thought they where phenomenal. But then I used to be a gymnast so I guess I'm kinda biased :P
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

It's back but unfortunately I've missed the first two shows so I'm not up to speed yet but picked up on this kid from a thread over on the French forum:

I'll post two links as I suspect the official version may not work outside the UK......

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Mercy & Love
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yorkie wrote:It's back but unfortunately I've missed the first two shows so I'm not up to speed yet but picked up on this kid from a thread over on the French forum:

I'll post two links as I suspect the official version may not work outside the UK......

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
This kid has my vote! Or at least he would if I lived in the U.K. and could vote... :roll: He's definitely the best out of the auditions so far!
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

libera36 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:It's back but unfortunately I've missed the first two shows so I'm not up to speed yet but picked up on this kid from a thread over on the French forum:

This kid has my vote! Or at least he would if I lived in the U.K. and could vote... :roll: He's definitely the best out of the auditions so far!
It works also overseas :D
I haven't seen others yet, but this guy knows how to sing !
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Murkskis wrote:It works also overseas :D
Oohh, does it really? I'll definitely vote this season then! Thanks for telling me Murksis!
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

libera36 wrote:
Murkskis wrote:It works also overseas :D
Oohh, does it really?
Yeah! It works even without a proxy server for me :D
(it's usually possible to 'screw up' those over-commercialized channels if necessary but this wasn't the case :lol: )
Last edited by Murkskis on Mon May 02, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Not bad. I did think 'little' Bieber to begin with, but his choice and style of singing is more classy than that. So young though. Will his nerves hold out for the Semi Final and/or Finals. Remember that girl who broke down in tears a few years back.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez