New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

tcenrt wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Northumberland is -almost :wink: - as lovely as Yorkshire :D

I will certainly add Yorkshire to my must visit list :wink: :D
I will let you know when that day arrives, Yorkie, and you must fill me in all the 'must do', 'must see' and 'must say' in order to be a real Yorkie :lol: :lol: .

Ann
I think I can help you brush up on your Yorkshire accent :wink:

Try this link - it is quite a strong one to be fair so you may need to get subtitles.......

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... L&index=29
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

I understood it just fine. But to be fair, I've lived around people of all accents. I do love that accent though.

On my voice mail I recorded myself doing a pretend Scottish accent.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

tcliffy wrote:I understood it just fine. But to be fair, I've lived around people of all accents. I do love that accent though.

On my voice mail I recorded myself doing a pretend Scottish accent.
You've got to post that for us to hear :D
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

Yorkie wrote:[

I think I can help you brush up on your Yorkshire accent :wink:

Try this link - it is quite a strong one to be fair so you may need to get subtitles.......

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... L&index=29
OMG....she is so cute. I promise I will practice (and drive my husband crazy). :lol: :lol:

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

hehe she is so cute, i love the yorkshire accent, supposedly all the people down my end of the country sound like farmers :S ... oh well i will be a farmer
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

kthomp wrote:hehe she is so cute, i love the yorkshire accent, supposedly all the people down my end of the country sound like farmers :S ... oh well i will be a farmer
Farmers? LOL :lol: I thought that was E. Anglia...
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

yeah it was news to me too, i dontthink we sound like farmers :), i heard someone say it about 4-5 months ago and people are saying it more now aday well im more aware of people saying it.
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

kjackson83 wrote:[Speaking of Northumberland, Ann, did you see that story a short while ago about the Alberta tourism advert on TV that was filmed in Northumberland? A citizen of Calgary watched these lovely images of a family skipping along the beach and--surprise--applied a little logic to Alberta's geography, and... :lol: :lol:
That was the most bizarre ad I have ever seen. :shock: :shock: "There's no attempt to make people think that this is Alberta," Tom Olsen, a spokesman for Premier Ed Stelmach, told the Edmonton Journal. :?: :?: He must be using the handbook from 'Yes, minister' :lol:

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

tcenrt wrote:"There's no attempt to make people think that this is Alberta," Tom Olsen, a spokesman for Premier Ed Stelmach, told the Edmonton Journal. :?: :?: He must be using the handbook from 'Yes, minister' :lol:

Ann
ROTFL!! :!: :!: That's technically true, you know. After all, it's just a tourism ad for Alberta--who on earth would expect something as innovative as pictures of Alberta accompanying an ad for tourism to the place? :shock: :roll:

Ed Stelmach needs to be unemployed anyway :lol: and the MP for Calgary Southwest can follow him on out the door! :D :D 8)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kthomp wrote:hehe she is so cute, i love the yorkshire accent, supposedly all the people down my end of the country sound like farmers :S ... oh well i will be a farmer
I thought that was more Somerset/Bristol way LOL
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Yorkie wrote:
I thought that was more Somerset/Bristol way LOL
:lol: very true...the west counrty.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

As I'm doing such a good job of promoting Yorkshire (really, I should be on commission) I could recommend a book for you to try.

It's in the same sort of style as 'It shouldn't happen to a vet! (All Creatures Great & Small on tv). It is about the true stories of a school inspector in the Yorkshire Dales.....

Gervase Phinn - The Other Side of the Dale.

http://www.gervase-phinn.com/gervase_pa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... _books.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gervase_Phinn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 97-1013939
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:As I'm doing such a good job of promoting Yorkshire (really, I should be on commission) I could recommend a book for you to try.

It's in the same sort of style as 'It shouldn't happen to a vet! (All Creatures Great & Small on tv). It is about the true stories of a school inspector in the Yorkshire Dales.....

Gervase Phinn - The Other Side of the Dale.

http://www.gervase-phinn.com/gervase_pa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... _books.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gervase_Phinn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 97-1013939
I want this one...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

If they don't deliver to the States I'd be happy to get it for you :D
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:If they don't deliver to the States I'd be happy to get it for you :D
Amazon.co.uk carries it! In the past, Royal Mail has been faster in ferrying stuff across the big ditch than USPS are at ferrying stuff across the country! But I do thank you :D