Hi from New Zealand!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kthomp wrote:ok yorkie you have made me hungry thinking about faggots, marmite and scotch eggs lol

i never made faggots before so i shall be trying for my tea :)
Can't say I've ever wanted to taste a faggot myself.
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

faggots are really nice, mum gets them from asda in gravy i have to fight my dad of to get the box first :)
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:
kthomp wrote:ok yorkie you have made me hungry thinking about faggots, marmite and scotch eggs lol

i never made faggots before so i shall be trying for my tea :)
Can't say I've ever wanted to taste a faggot myself.
You know.....if this conversation were taking place in the average American fast food restaurant...we'd probably all have been asked to leave by this point :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

he he he - my bad :wink: I wondered how long it would be before one of our US cousins would bite :D

Now, I'm just going to puff on a fag.

Don't you just love how the same language can have so many different uses?
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

Yorkie wrote:he he he - my bad :wink: I wondered how long it would be before one of our US cousins would bite :D

How true. I still remembered the expression on my classmate's face when I asked him if I could borrow his rubber (eraser) way back when. :lol: :lol:

Ann
'Let me go where'er I will,
I hear a sky-born music still:
It sounds from all things old,
It sounds from all things young,
From all that's fair, from all that's foul,
Peals out a cheerful song.'
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

tcenrt wrote:
Yorkie wrote:he he he - my bad :wink: I wondered how long it would be before one of our US cousins would bite :D

How true. I still remembered the expression on my classmate's face when I asked him if I could borrow his rubber (eraser) way back when. :lol: :lol:

Ann
Hi Ann, are you a British transplant to Canada then?
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

Yorkie wrote:
tcenrt wrote:

Ann

Hi Ann, are you a British transplant to Canada then?
Hmmm, my identity is somewhat confusing. I was from Hong Kong, which was a British colony before 1997, so my early education was British. My children think that I still have a bit of British accent, but my husband thinks that I am just speaking Hong Kong English. My spelling still retain mostly in the British way instead of the American way. To sum it up, I am a Chinese Canadian with a confusing past.

Ann
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

Yorkie wrote:Now, I'm just going to puff on a fag.
:shock: I know what you mean, you know what you mean...but...:D :D :lol: :lol: oh I should stop being so little-kiddish :D :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

tcenrt wrote:Hmmm, my identity is somewhat confusing. I was from Hong Kong, which was a British colony before 1997, so my early education was British. My children think that I still have a bit of British accent, but my husband thinks that I am just speaking Hong Kong English. My spelling still retain mostly in the British way instead of the American way. To sum it up, I am a Chinese Canadian with a confusing past.

Ann
Fantastic! For what it's worth (probably nothing) I was a bit ashamed at the way our Government went about the handing back of HK to the Chinese and then depriving people of the chance to come and live in Britain (not unlike the current fiasco with the Gurhkas). It was our loss though - we missed the chance to welcome a lot of talented people to the UK (and I reckon you are one of those Ann) :D

I'm glad Canada welcomed you though. Two places I want to visit someday (Canada & HK) :D
Last edited by Yorkie on Sun May 17, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

kjackson83 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Now, I'm just going to puff on a fag.
:shock: I know what you mean, you know what you mean...but...:D :D :lol: :lol: oh I should stop being so little-kiddish :D :D
Just don't get started on the word fanny :shock:
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

puff on a fag < make it so appealing lol

i want to go to hong kong to but there is no way i could afford to go :(
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

Yorkie wrote:
tcenrt wrote:Hmmm, my identity is somewhat confusing. I was from Hong Kong, which was a British colony before 1997, so my early education was British. My children think that I still have a bit of British accent, but my husband thinks that I am just speaking Hong Kong English. My spelling still retain mostly in the British way instead of the American way. To sum it up, I am a Chinese Canadian with a confusing past.

Ann
Fantastic! For what it's worth (probably nothing) I was a bit ashamed at the way our Government went about the handing back of HK to the Chinese and then depriving people of the chance to come and live in Britain (not unlike the current fiasco with the Gurhkas). It was our loss though - we missed the chance to welcome a lot of talented people to the UK (and I reckon you are one of those Ann) :D

I'm glad Canada welcomed you though. Two places I want to visit someday (Canada & HK) :D
:oops: :oops: Aw, thank you Yorkie. I would love to visit UK one of these day too. There is an article in our paper today featuring Northumberland......sound fasinating and beautiful, I would love to visit there in the future.
Ann
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

tcenrt wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

Ann

:oops: :oops: Aw, thank you Yorkie. I would love to visit UK one of these day too. There is an article in our paper today featuring Northumberland......sound fasinating and beautiful, I would love to visit there in the future.
Ann
Speaking of Northumberland, Ann, did you see that story a short while ago about the Alberta tourism advert on TV that was filmed in Northumberland? A citizen of Calgary watched these lovely images of a family skipping along the beach and--surprise--applied a little logic to Alberta's geography, and... :lol: :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Northumberland is -almost :wink: - as lovely as Yorkshire :D

Very nice part of the world; it has some great beaches, castles and of course Hadrian's wall. Definitely a place worth visiting.

#edit# forgot to include Lindisfarne in its list of treasures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindisfarne" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tcenrt
Silver Member

Post by tcenrt »

Yorkie wrote:Northumberland is -almost :wink: - as lovely as Yorkshire :D

I will certainly add Yorkshire to my must visit list :wink: :D
I will let you know when that day arrives, Yorkie, and you must fill me in all the 'must do', 'must see' and 'must say' in order to be a real Yorkie :lol: :lol: .

Ann
~Ralph Waldo Emerson