Hi from New Zealand!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

artus

Hi from New Zealand!

Post by artus »

Just a quick note to say Hi. My family are all Libera fans from Down Under. about 5 years ago I saw this boys group singing sort of new wave music on a pop music video channel and thought wow that was different (It was "Stay with me" by the way) . Then a few months later I saw the same video, noted the name of the group, and searched them on Google. The first song I came upon was Sanctus and I was blown away. So I then shared my "discovery" with the family, and now we are all Libera fans, especially my 12 year old daughter, who has adopted England as her second home. She lives Libera, England, London and anything related to those things (any boy choir group, mushy peas, Union Jack sweater...you name it!)

We would love to see them live, but the record moguls have decided at this stage not to share Libera to the rest of NZ, so you can't even buy a CD here! Libera are one of those best kept secrets. Of course I do my bit and I am always proclaiming their abilities and introducing their music to family and acquaintances. Actually there are a lot of us who can appreciate great music, and not only rugby and sheep. It's nice to note the New Zealand connection with Kiwis Fiona Pears, the violinist who appears on their DVD and Hailey Westenra who has sung with them and Ian Tilley their producer who spends some time in NZ every year.
artus

Post by artus »

Hmmm this was supposed to go under an existing topic, but silly me I just had to go and make a whole new topic....sorry about that!
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

artus wrote:Hmmm this was supposed to go under an existing topic, but silly me I just had to go and make a whole new topic....sorry about that!
On behalf of the whole family: greetings--we're very glad to have someone from NZ with us! It's a shame to hear that Libera are so hard to come by way way down under, but maybe someday...
artus wrote:She lives Libera, England, London and anything related to those things (any boy choir group, mushy peas, Union Jack sweater...you name it!)
I definitely sympathise with that! I love Britain to pieces and cannot wait to go (and hide in someone's attic in Yorkshire until the immigration police stop looking for me ;) ).

Thanks for joining--and welcome! 8)

(and we can help you with the rather confusing topic posting system...believe me: you're not the first nor will you be the last who finds that a bit incomprehensible at times!) :D
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

I'm going to copy your post into the "Introduce Yourselves" discussion, too--sometimes new topics can get missed in the shuffle.
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

A couple of things to pass along to your daughter:

:D

I love Britain!
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

lol, maybe we should rename this topic to "who loves the UK?"

I absolutely adore the place but can't convince my family otherwise. They just say it's wet and cold, but I don't care. Florida's dry and HOT, really hot.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Haha, I like wet and cold. I've had enough sun to last me a lifetime! Well, maybe not quite, but I'd love to live somewhere where the norm was rain and occasionally it was sunny... :wink:
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

tcliffy wrote:lol, maybe we should rename this topic to "who loves the UK?"
:D I thought about a topic for that in Misc awhile back, but figured it wouldn't have much appeal...
tcliffy wrote:They just say it's wet and cold, but I don't care. Florida's dry and HOT, really hot.
Houston's hot and humid--it's miserable here today: 95 degrees (F) but feels like 101+ with the humidity.

I like a string of grey days with the occasional "partly cloudy" thrown in for variety...

They don't happen to sell bottles of Cold English Weather in the shops over there, do they?
kjackson83

Post by kjackson83 »

http://libera-dreams.com/forum/viewtopi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... highlight=
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

it is wet and can get very wet, and it is cold especially in january but you wouldnt get all the winter meals like a good old roast dinner yay
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Florida was 91º in the shade with humidity in the upper %'s. BUT NO RAIN.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

I absolutely adore the place but can't convince my family otherwise. They just say it's wet and cold, but I don't care. Florida's dry and HOT, really hot.
I see.... the penny has dropped :lol: that explains where the idea for the other topic came from :wink:
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Re: Hi from New Zealand!

Post by Jude Andrew »

artus wrote: especially my 12 year old daughter, who has adopted England as her second home. She lives Libera, England, London and anything related to those things (any boy choir group, mushy peas, Union Jack sweater...you name it!).
:lol: I think your daughter and a certain "kjackson" would get on famously :roll:
artus wrote: Actually there are a lot of us who can appreciate great music, and not only rugby and sheep
:lol: that just made me laugh !! :lol:

Hi Artus, you are very welcome to our little community. I am looking forward to more of your thoughts and comments.

Take care

Jude
kthomp
Silver Member

Post by kthomp »

mushy peas?? are they english?? :D
When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I'm like a star; sometimes you can't see me, but I'm always there.
kjackson83

Re: Hi from New Zealand!

Post by kjackson83 »

Jude Andrew wrote:
artus wrote: especially my 12 year old daughter, who has adopted England as her second home. She lives Libera, England, London and anything related to those things (any boy choir group, mushy peas, Union Jack sweater...you name it!).
:lol: I think your daughter and a certain "kjackson" would get on famously :roll:
Well, ok--there are limits. Mushy peas = :? :D