Home Sweet Home Alone

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

bamboo
Silver Member

Home Sweet Home Alone

Post by bamboo »

It seems like Libera was featured in a Disney film titled 'Home Sweet Home Alone'?

Seems like an old track with Luca as soloist at the beginning.

I went to google the 'Home Sweet Home Alone' soundtrack though and it doesn't mention 'Carol of the Bells' at all: https://filmmusicreporter.com/2021/11/1 ... m-details/

Anyone knows anything about this?
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Home Sweet Home Alone

Post by TullyBascombe »

The video was unavailable........... and now it is.
Last edited by TullyBascombe on Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:51 am">2 years ago</span>Anyone knows anything about this?
This is known since 3 weeks. Libera added a line about the movie in the text that comes with the COTB official video from 2019:

"This song features on the new Disney movie Home Sweet Home Alone, released on 12th November 2021. It is also available as a digital single."

It remains to be seen how the song will have been integrated into the movie.
I don't have Disney+.
Hopefully someone can share more about it soon.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

A portion of the song plays at 1:18:25 during a slow-motion action sequence.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Yes I watched the movie (honestly don't bother unless you have plenty of time to watch Christmas movies and you have self control and won't smash the screen for every character is stupidly annoying... or annoyingly stupid ?). Some things are interesting because they really tried new things in regard to "Home Alone" and the second movie. But I did not really like it.

What you can hear from "Carol of the Bells" is a very brief extract, re-arranged, since you get to hear the end until "ding dong ding dong" and for some reason they cut it before "that is the song". Cassius O'C. would be mad :lol: (he said in a interview once that people usually start clapping before the end of the song and he would not get the opportunity to sing the end properly). But it is not exactly the end of the song, they cut the "ahaaaaah" part, so there is only one solo, the last one. It's somehow the middle of the song and the end of the song, but some parts are missing :lol: Hard to explain.

The songs all are credited but I can't tell you what is written, I don't even have proof that Libera is credited, for some reason the Disney+ app won't let me watch the credits on full screen because I'm supposed to immediatly want to see "Home Alone" right after finishing this movie. Stupid marketing. So I only had a small window but I could read the title of the song and see that a lot of things were written below, so I guess the name of the choir, probably RP's name for the arrangement ? Maybe the name of the soloist ? I'm not sure who's voice it is actually, should be Cassius C ?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks Padma :)

I was able to put my hands on the file.
The COB sequence runs for 1 minute, from 1:18:24 to 1:19:25, which is not bad, it could have been shorter.

Here the songs credits page, with Libera appearing in the lower right corner (click to enlarge):

Details on the Libera credit:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks for the info, yes sadly the film as been panned by the critics (it was never going to be better than the originals with Culkin) but if Libera's COTB comes out as one of the highlights of the production then it's a plus for them.
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:55 am">2 years ago</span> What you can hear from "Carol of the Bells" is a very brief extract, re-arranged, since you get to hear the end until "ding dong ding dong" and for some reason they cut it before "that is the song". Cassius O'C. would be mad :lol: (he said in a interview once that people usually start clapping before the end of the song and he would not get the opportunity to sing the end properly)
Famously on the Jay Leno show. That 'pregnant pause' that often fools the unknowing audience who are not accustomed to libera's music...Exsultate another one with it's own 'pause' halfway through.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:55 am">2 years ago</span> Cassius O'C. would be mad :lol: (he said in a interview once that people usually start clapping before the end of the song and he would not get the opportunity to sing the end properly).
Hmmm. Perhaps that addresses the mystery of why he left. Nobody would wait and listen to his ding dongs. I can only hope that Daniel C. does not experience the same frustrations.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

The most recent versions of "Carol of the Bells" have accelerated the rythm of the last phrase, solving (partly or totally ?) the problem :lol:
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

That they decided to release it as a special single for those looking for this soundtrack song is excellent marketing - especially considering they used the same cover art as the original and then just added that ribbon :lol: