Once an Angel video

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Once an Angel video

Post by dani »

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Once an Angel video

Post by Surpinto »

Despite some issues with the greenscreen background, I find the video enhances the song notably; somehow making it more optimistic than an audio-only listen would suggest.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:49 pm">2 years ago</span> Despite some issues with the greenscreen background, I find the video enhances the song notably; somehow making it more optimistic than an audio-only listen would suggest.
I agree. I love the song and I thought the video was a good choice for it.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

It's kind of nice to see that this song is purely sung by the older boys. Perhaps there were just too many songs for the miniboys to learn in such a short period of time (what with all the lockdowns and pauses in rehearsals).
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I've wondered for some time whether the song was written in reference to a particular person. I've come to the conclusion that Anne Frank herself might have been the inspiration for this song in the same fashion that "If" was inspired by her. What do you think?
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

TullyBascombe wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:36 am">2 years ago</span> I've wondered for some time whether the song was written in reference to a particular person. I've come to the conclusion that Anne Frank herself might have been the inspiration for this song in the same fashion that "If" was inspired by her. What do you think?
I don't claim to know the intent or the meaning of the song, but to me it feels like Robert's valedictory.
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Yes, I'd only heard the preview of "Once an Angel," and found it a little puzzling. Then when I heard of Robert's passing, it immediately popped into my head that, knowing that he was leaving his beloved choir and singers, he had quietly composed a farewell to them. Bless.