Moderator: Moderators

GlennJalmas

Re: Luca Brugnoli

Post by GlennJalmas »

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Oh wow! Thank you. :D He has an amazing voice. Wish he would sing with an accompaniment on these and in a studio :wink: but beggars can't be choosers! :lol:

I think Luca's love of singing and excellent vocal control, which we all have noted from the start, has been of huge benefit to Libera.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I actually like how he is singing a capella here. You can tell he is keeping time in his head - maybe directed off-camera as well, but after each chorus (especially after the second one) you can see him counting. Pretty neat :)

It’s rare to hear Libera boys’ voices so pure like that. The only other times I experienced that were after a concert at the signing line or just outside the venue when one of them would be singing spontaneously for a few seconds :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

What would you suggest Luca record?

GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

Luca never ceases to amaze us😇..

bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

So, to clarify, he is recording July 1st to launch a crowdfunder. He's not yet to the point of recording a full album, but rather a brief recording to help raise funds for doing a full recording. Am I understanding this properly?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:25 pm">1 year ago</span> So, to clarify, he is recording July 1st to launch a crowdfunder. He's not yet to the point of recording a full album, but rather a brief recording to help raise funds for doing a full recording. Am I understanding this properly?
It isn't entirely clear what his plan in that respect is, so your guess is as good as any based on the information at hand. My guess is that July 1st will be the release of the crowdfunding campaign and/or the creation of a crowdfunding advertisement to be posted thereafter.

Some musical projects like this have a few sample tracks already professionally recorded as a preview of what the funders are signing up for (which requires funding upfront by the musician); others have a few amateur tracks recorded instead.

Clearly he has already done some recording, but where he is specifically is not yet clear. So your guess is a valid one but may not be fully accurate with what we will see on July 1.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, this tweet pretty much sums it up:

https://twitter.com/LucaBrugnoli12/stat ... -qzNQqAAAA
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luca posted a few photos from his recording session today. In addition, Cai Thomas was recording a couple tracks as well (obviously with a lower voice).

https://twitter.com/LucaBrugnoli12/stat ... eGxukqAAAA
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

It's really great that Rob Lewis arranged things so the two boys could share the venue, musicians and equipment to make their recordings.
289666979_101925889240743_8399600299050285009_n.jpg
289666979_101925889240743_8399600299050285009_n.jpg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
289666979_101925889240743_8399600299050285009_n.jpg
289666979_101925889240743_8399600299050285009_n.jpg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Here's some audio from Luca's recording session...

bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

He's definitely showing a preference for non-Classical repertoire which is perfectly fine. However, I really hope he records some music from the Classical repertoire as well.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Singing today at Cowfest at Trenchmore Farm, but where are the cows?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

What does he mean? Will he be competing this year?