Your top three favorites?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

A black belt at 13? Sorry, but I very much doubt then that it is a very good school. You do Tae Kwon Do, right? WTF or ITF? Both have techniques that requires the participant to be 18 before you may learn them, because they're to dangerous in the hands of young people who still may act impulsive.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

It's WTF and the certification is generally internationally recognized. He is a very competent black belt dispite his age. You would have to meet him to really get to know him. You can visit our myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/tkd_rangers
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

Sorry, but I still have my doubts, it's next to impossible to be a second degree black belt at 13 unless he trains 24/7. I practice martial arts myself and have given Tae Kwon Do a try and I know several Tae Kwon Doka's, some starting at a very young age and none of them have reached black belt, simply because you have to be 18 to learn some of the techniques.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Well, like I said you'd have to meet him to really see what he is capable of. Also, his certification is nationally recognized but he can't get his kukkiwon or World recognition until he is 18 I believe.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

Ofcourse.. it's different at every school and country...
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

It is difficult for me to pick favourites in anything, especially Libera soloists! All of them, past and present, have, or had, unique and beautiful treble voices. I suppose, if I must choose...

1 - Steven Geraghty. All of his solos are phenomenal. Ave Maria (from Luminosa) is probably my favourite ever Libera song (it's entrancing; I literally forget to breathe while listening to it) and Vespera is another one that always hypnotizes me.
2 - Ben Crawley. He can get emotion into the song and just has a beautiful voice.
3 - Tom Cully. His voice is lovely and sweet and he's amazingly talented.

I still can't stand naming only three. :wink: Liam Connery (I love his effortless, smooth voice), Joe Platt (incredibly good pitch), Joshua Madine (his smile can be heard in every solo!), Joseph Sanders-Wilde (I adore his voice and tone), Michael Horncastle (what can I say?; there's only one Michael Horncastle out there!)...
Of course I have loved every Libera soloist there ever was. :D All are truly wonderful.
KP

My Favorite Libera Fellows

Post by KP »

I have to choose?
Um... at the moment
1. Steven Geraghty, especially in Ave Maria
2. Liam Connery for the gorgeous parts he had in the DVD
3. Ben Crawley in Semele. That part at about 3:42, I've listened to a thousand times at least!
It may change at any moment :D
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Ah, yes, KP... :lol: I have the same problem as you. :wink:

Now my favourites are:
1 - Steven Geraghty
2 - Liam Connery and Joe Sanders-Wilde (tied)
3 - Joshua Madine

Steven is my overall favourite, probably.
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Hi; it's me again. I have different favourites today. :lol:

1 - Michael Horncastle
2 - Ben Crawley
3 - Conor O'Donnel

Now it's two seconds later and I realize that Steven Geraghty really should be on that list, as should Daren Geraghty, and Tom Cully, and Chris Robson, and Joseph Platt, and Joshua Madine...

I can never decide which ones are my favourites. :)
Atrineas

Post by Atrineas »

Maybe because it's impossible to really have favourites of such beautiful music... there's no Libera without the rest of the choir...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Atrineas wrote:... there's no Libera without the rest of the choir...
I couldnt have said it better myself 8)
MWheeler

Post by MWheeler »

just bumping the topic. =)
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Re: Your top three favorites?

Post by jennaluvspbr »

MWheeler wrote:If you had to pick your top three favorite singers from Libera (past or present) ... who would they be & why? It's a tough choice, but I think my top 3 are:

Josh Madine - great voice and much fun to watch sing!
Tom Cully - same as above
Anthony Chadney - sings my all time favorite solo in my favorite song - voca me!

That being said... all of the kids are GREAT!!! :D

Anyone else hve any stand-outs?
i like josh madine becues of his smile there is no words to how he smiles like that i like tom he sings with feelings and i like ben he is so funny and joe i like it when he said i am the day thats a good one its hard to pick such boys that sing really good and i bet boys feel that way all the time if they do a good show thats what i like a bou tlibera
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Atrineas wrote:Maybe because it's impossible to really have favourites of such beautiful music... there's no Libera without the rest of the choir...
some times i thank its hard to have favouriets becues i like all of them there picuters there videos and there funny cue slifs and they are all so sweet for me i dot have favriets i dot know who is my favriet of all of it but i like josh and ben and tom and all of them
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I simply can't pick out favorites like that. While there should be no doubt that I do have a tremendous favoritism for Josh and I would have a very hard time not giving into what ever he wanted( all he would need to do is smile), if I were ever actually with the boys, such as in a chaperon position, I would treat all the same. No matter if they were soloists or not. It was said earlier, while soloists are important, the group makes the whole. They are Libera. Not fill in the soloist and Libera. They are Libera
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."