Ed Day in an Italian Mentos advert

Current and former Members of Libera

Moderator: Moderators

Lux Aeterna

Ed Day in an Italian Mentos advert

Post by Lux Aeterna »

You probably didn't know, but in 2015 Ed was featured in a Mentos TV advert created for the Italian TV. It became viral and everyone wanted to know who the stupid boy was. I was probably one of the few people in my country to know it. :lol: He was very different from the shy Libera soloist.
The heaven soars with voices above...
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Ed Day in an Italian Mentos advert

Post by Surpinto »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny!

This might seem like a silly question, but is it common for Italian commercials to be in English rather than Italian? With the exception of television stations specifically broadcasting in other languages this would be unheard of in the US.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:56 am">2 years ago</span> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny!

This might seem like a silly question, but is it common for Italian commercials to be in English rather than Italian? With the exception of television stations specifically broadcasting in other languages this would be unheard of in the US.
No, most of them are in Italian and filmed in Italy. This one is an exception, probably the agency that created this advert is foreigner, many brands owned by corporation usually film the advert in the US or UK and then they are broadcasted in the Countries that requested it. It's probably cheaper and easier.
The heaven soars with voices above...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Nope, that was the first I knew of it. Hope that is Ed's singing voice, it has a very nice tone to it.

Thanks for posting.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

This must’ve been just before he had that dramatic weight loss (not meaning to sound rude, he wasn’t exactly large here).

He’s been on the comedy circuit in the UK, going by the name “Ed Night” (because there was already another Ed Day on the circuit). He’s VERY, VERY good, but one caveat - not for the faint hearted. He uses very strong language and themes which some folks might find offensive.

Like for many touring entertainers, COVID has probably made progress in his career very difficult but I really hope he can continue because he’s very talented and he’s clearly meant to entertain.
Also happens to be one of the most underrated former Libera soloists too, IMHO.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

Former Libera treble Ed Day (professionally known as Ed Night) is now doing some acting, playing an interviewer for some awkward interactions with well known actors for a new British channel ITVX.
These feature Helena Bonham Carter and Matthew Macfadyen: