New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: New Album "If" (Oct 2021 release)

Post by dani »

Was Victor in the video besides the “Once a Angel” video clip shown?
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:12 pm">2 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:03 pm">2 years ago</span> [...]It seems that there will be three music videos? Besides "If", "Once an Angel" and "Cum Dederit" also seem to feature a music video.
You forgot 'Ave Maria', the one with the green screen :wink:
Obviously that one was recorded a while ago, as Tadhg grew quite a bit since.
You're right. I wasn't paying full attention towards the end of the video. It's definitely the "Ave Maria" and not "Nunc Dimittis" which also has an "Amen" and Tadhg as a soloist.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:10 pm">2 years ago</span> I made a who's who image
Nicely done, but you forgot Steven. 😉
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:24 pm">2 years ago</span> Was Victor in the video besides the “Once a Angel” video clip shown?
Yes, it is Victor.
No real surprise here we all guessed correctly it would be him ;)

The soloists I noted revealed by the video :
Cum Dederit : Dominik
Home : Luca
Once An Angel : Victor
If : Daniel
Ave Maria : Tadhg
Sacris Solemnis : final vocalise by Luca, final words by Frederci M.

Did I miss anything ?

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:33 pm">2 years ago</span> Nicely done, but you forgot Steven. 😉
Fixed, thanks.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you for the names! Always good to know who the current group are.
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

I'm noticing a couple of things... Victor,Neo, Alexandre and few other boys were not present during the last recording session. After all this years they will be missed! And most importantly, it looks like Robert Prizeman is stepping aside and leaving the direction to Steven and Sam. I wonder if it is temporary or not.
The heaven soars with voices above...
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Lots of 'libera' activity today, and thanks for naming some of the newbies...I was getting a little rusty putting names to faces during the pandemic hiatus. If the only videos they released were from the rehearsals I wouldn't mind. They look very well filmed and gives a good insight to the solo's & harmonies.

RP was seen at 5:08 directing during the Ave Maria video...
RPIF.png
RPIF.png (426.53 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
RPIF.png
RPIF.png (426.53 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
...but as suggested this could be from an earlier date. Hope he still pulls a few strings here and there but Libera couldn't wish for better backup stewardship from Steven & Sam
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:29 pm">2 years ago</span> Lots of 'libera' activity today, and thanks for naming some of the newbies...I was getting a little rusty putting names to faces during the pandemic hiatus. If the only videos they released were from the rehearsals I wouldn't mind. They look very well filmed and gives a good insight to the solo's & harmonies.

RP was seen at 5:08 directing during the Ave Maria video...

RPIF.png

...but as suggested this could be from an earlier date. Hope he still pulls a few strings here and there but Libera couldn't wish for better backup stewardship from Steven & Sam
I'm sure is still working with them, but is clearly giving more space to Sam and Steven. I'm absolutely happy to see that the boys have someone who could continue the Libera journey after Mr Prizeman since a possible end of the group was one of my biggest fears, but I doubt that " the after Mr Prizeman moment" has arrived. Maybe is just keeping himself safe because of the pandemic.
The heaven soars with voices above...
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Lux Aeterna wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:30 pm">2 years ago</span> I'm noticing a couple of things... Victor,Neo, Alexandre and few other boys were not present during the last recording session. After all this years they will be missed! And most importantly, it looks like Robert Prizeman is stepping aside and leaving the direction to Steven and Sam. I wonder if it is temporary or not.
I don't think this means they left the group. It is only one record they missed, and they can be seen in the video at other times. Maybe they were busy somewhere else ? December will give us a clear view of the current group composition, I guess. Some of the most recent newbies were involved in the album (Pietro, Sam, Thomas... ?) but others were not, will we see them again ? Wait and see...

I agree it has to be the best "making-of" video they ever did. Do you think it is due to the japan support to this album, or maybe the pandemic giving more time since they did not tour ?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I don’t think anybody should read into Robert P not being around for some of the recording.

It’s basic common sense that he is of a certain age where if he caught covid it would have a effect on him so why would he risk being around 30 boys who are out being kids and not vaccinated. He is obviously still writing and producing which is the most important part of being director. Robert has a great team around him sharing the load.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

I think the eclectic nature of this album marks a turning point for Libera.

We're starting to see adaptations of "woke" world music seep into the usual New Age / Ambient repertoire. The boys seem to really connect with the new music and you can hear the enthusiasm in their voices.

The modernization of ancient liturgical hymns is rather unique to Prizeman and won't really be sustainable after he's gone. That's why it appears he's setting Libera on a track to amplify Sam and Steven's talents while continuing to embrace the traditional music that we all know and love.
Mercurial909
Silver Member

Post by Mercurial909 »

GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:46 am">2 years ago</span> If music video premiers on Sept. 10 🙂.

I somehow knew there would be a bunch of tracks that have graced more than one previous album. I’m always hoping that at least 3/4 of the album will consist of tracks we haven’t heard before, and that for the ones we have, there’ll be a new vocal arrangement.

Very impressed with what I’ve heard so far, and really, who couldn’t see Dominik and Luca getting better and better?
Very surprised that Victor still has his treble voice. I think only Ben Bywater, Tadhg, and Joe Cranitch have been in Libera longer.

I’m still to get familiar with most of the names of the mini boys, but it was fantastic to see the following lads still there, after what has been a difficult period of time for everyone (in no particular order):

Dominik C
Joe C
Mathias M
Koji S
Freddie M
Thomas M
Victor W
Nathaniel B-F
Oliver W-R
Luca B
Laurence T
Daniel W
Jack S
Tadhg F
Alex Menuet
Johnny G
Ben B
Ethan B

So since the 2020 summer online and 2020 Christmas concerts, we’ve said fare thee well to:
Alex Gula, Leo Barron, Taichi Shinokobu, Peter Kielty, Neo Parson🥺
Last edited by Mercurial909 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Mercurial909 wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:22 am">2 years ago</span> So we say fare thee well to Taichi S, Peter K, Neo P…🥺
Really sad Taichi isn't in anymore :( I never had a chance to hear him live :( And is it just me or does it seem like Koji's voice is lower?
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

If is truly spectacular,their latest music video had just premiered in YouTube🙂.

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Sacris solemnis is the 5th digital release.