Recommend me a Libera album

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

j8000

Recommend me a Libera album

Post by j8000 »

I looking for a recommendation for my next Libera album to buy. Currently I only have New Dawn, the latest Christmas album and the Libera at Christmas EP. With most music I buy, I don't listen to it very often - perhaps to avoid it becoming routine and so it remains special and always carries that emotional aspect when I need it. This means one album can last me a long time. Also I haven't yet been able to go to a concert...so I am obviously pretty clueless compared to most people here, but that means I have loads of new Libera music to discover :wink:

Regarding New Dawn I don't dislike any of it, although the stand-out tracks for me are Orinoco Flow, Never Be Alone, In Paradisium and Heaven. The ones that aren't so much my cup of tea are Rest in Peace, Jerusalem and the Lamb.

Based on that, what do you think I should buy next?
Wolf

Re: Recommend me a Libera album

Post by Wolf »

In lieu of recommendations, you could check out Libera tracks on Youtube if you haven't already considered it: https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialLibera/playlists

As seen above, their songs are nicely sorted by album, or if you wanted to sample individual songs, the description usually says which album it's from.

Sorry I don't have any specific recommendation, they all blend in to one big album for me! I suppose I'm particularly fond of the 2015 'Libera in America' recordings.
LordG

Post by LordG »

As Wolf said, there is not really a recommendation for a particular album.

Over the last few years I have been able to collect them all, there are currently 36 CDs
from around the world in my collection. :D :wink:
But I can at least tell you the CDs with which I first came into contact with Libera.

1999 Libera
2001 Luminosa
2004 Free
2005 Visions
2010 Peace - with my all-time favourite song "Time"

In my opinion, all albums of this period belong in a collection.
It was the heyday of singers like Liam O'Kane, Tom Cully, Joshua Madine, Steven Geraghty,
Michael Horncastle, Sam Coates and many others.
It would be presumptuous to try to rank them in order, as every listener's taste in music is too different.

P.S.:
By the way, I always carry my jukebox (mobile phone) with all the songs. That way you always
get your dose of Libera when you need it. :lol: :wink:
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Don't torture yourself, just buy them all.
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Don't know if you'll consider DVDs as albums, but I think the DVDs are a great place to start!
Angel Voices: Libera in Concert[/list]
  • Angel Sings: Christmas in Ireland
  • Angel Sings: Libera in America

You could also consider buying the compilation albums, so that you get more songs in one album haha.
  • Eternal: The Best of Libera (which unfortunately contains some of the songs you don't really fancy)
  • The Best of Angel Voices
  • Song of Life: A Collection

Here's a whole list of their albums to-date: https://liberaboyschoir.home.blog/discography/
j8000

Post by j8000 »

Thanks for the suggestions. I am guessing the albums don't each have a radically different feel to them like some groups, but are mostly consistent, so perhaps it doesn't matter so much which I choose. Are the earlier Angel Voices albums in the same league?

I think then I will go for Libera and Luminosa, these seem highly recommend and I may as well start near the beginning.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

I agree. Start from the beginning and then buy/listen in sequential order. The Angel Voices albums are slightly different than the Libera ones and can be listened to separately.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Obviously I would agree with everybody who says buy them all - you won't regret it. But if that isn't possible then definitely consider Eternal - it is a 2 CD album of their best work up to the date of it's release in around 2007 and has some of their best work on it.

There was also a second compilation album (although 1 CD this time) called Song of Life: a collection. But really they haven't released a bad album in my opinion and if you like the stuff you already have you won't fail to like whatever album you choose.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love