Hi there!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

crunchiejeff

Hi there!

Post by crunchiejeff »

Glad to be joining the forum at last after following all the articles for such a long time!
I'm a fan from Taiwan, which I guess might be the only one here as most of Taiwanese fans are not so lively discussing about libera online :wink: But I do know some of them just like to keep that as a personal business

I started following Libera's music since I was a school boy (about 10), and I was a member of the primary school's choir
One day the director brought a CD to the rehearsal and played it, I can still recall that was the first track of their album "Free", which is "I am the day", I immediately knew that will become my favorite song ever after the first note dropped

And since then, 14 years have passed, and now I am still a fan of their angelic voices, it makes me feel peace and uplifted
I made a spotify playlist full of their songs just for my commute home, every year spotify makes an annual report and Libera has always been my first place in regard of listening time

In 2013 they visited Taiwan and that was just like a dream came true, I never thought Taiwan have such a fanbase that could make Libera planning a trip to my hometown, and of course I booked the ticket, spent almost all my savings(as a student), and that was one of the best decisions I have ever made
Hope the whole COVID madness will end soon and hope in the no so far future I can see them on my hometown's stage once again

Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Jeff
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Re: Hi there!

Post by theriverflowson »

Hi Jeff,

welcome to Libera Dreams, very nice to meet a fan from Taiwan in the digital world!

I'm sure you will have the opportunity to meet Libera again in Taiwan just by noticing how warm the welcome in 2013 was! I'm sure it was a great experience for the fans AND the choir!

Best regards,
Manuel

Last edited by theriverflowson on Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
crunchiejeff

Post by crunchiejeff »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:00 pm">3 years ago</span> Hi Jeff,

welcome to Libera Dreams, very nice to meet a fan from Taiwan in the digital world!

I'm sure you will have the opportunity to meet Libera again in Taiwan just by noticing how warm the welcome in 2013 was! I'm sure it was a great experience for the fans AND the choir!

Best regards,
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

It definitely was an excellent experience!
Wish everyone well and will able to see Libera on stage soon!
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Hello Jeff, welcome to the Forum! Perhaps you've just started it and other Taiwanese fans will follow you here. :wink:

crunchiejeff wrote: <span title="Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:40 pm">3 years ago</span>I started following Libera's music since I was a school boy (about 10), and I was a member of the primary school's choir
One day the director brought a CD to the rehearsal and played it, I can still recall that was the first track of their album "Free", which is "I am the day", I immediately knew that will become my favorite song ever after the first note dropped

And since then, 14 years have passed, and now I am still a fan of their angelic voices, it makes me feel peace and uplifted
That music director of your primary school choir deserves all praise for bringing a Libera album, indeed! He sure has affected your entire life with this action. :) "Feel peace and uplifted", yes, this is Libera in a nutshell.

I hope you enjoy your time in the forum!
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

An amazing way to be introduced to the choir! Thank you for this post and for this introduction. "I Am The Day" is an excellent song to be introduced to Libera.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Hi Jeff

Welcome to the forum. A few fans a long the way have been introduced to Libera by their choir director so you are not alone. If Libera tour to Korea next year is that a trip you could make? That 'Free' album was superb wasn't it. There isn't a single weak song among the tracks.

Anyway, now that you have introduced yourself all that remains to be said is:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
crunchiejeff

Post by crunchiejeff »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:27 pm">3 years ago</span> Hi Jeff

Welcome to the forum. A few fans a long the way have been introduced to Libera by their choir director so you are not alone. If Libera tour to Korea next year is that a trip you could make? That 'Free' album was superb wasn't it. There isn't a single weak song among the tracks.

Anyway, now that you have introduced yourself all that remains to be said is:

If the whole COVID madness has ended at that time, I will try my best to arrange a trip for sure!
And thanks for the traditional welcome, much appreciated! Sipping Yorkshire tea with Libera music must be quite a joy :D