Libera California-bound (USA concerts, April 2009)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

myboyschoir

Post by myboyschoir »

Crystal Cathedral has a live TV broadcast. Go to their website, and look under The HOUR OF POWER section and search for a local TV station for the broadcasted services. They also will show it online (eventually). The last one they've put up for online viewing was last week's easter service. So I'm guessing later today or tomorrow it may be up.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

They also seem to sell dvds of there shows so at a later date you may be able to buy it by the looks of it.

http://cathedral-gifts.stores.yahoo.net/hoofpopr.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; list of all there dvds.
RiseInGlory

Post by RiseInGlory »

thanks for your replies,
though I think these are for the Hour of Power program only... is Libera participating in that? On the website it says only that they're singing for the 9.30am and 11am services
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

The “Hour of Power” is the telecast of the worship service from the Chrystal Cathedral. However, it is recorded and edited, and shows up a week or two later. When they have special services, like Easter, I think they actually use something from the previous year(s). Realistically, the earliest I would expect to see today’s service (April 19) would be next Saturday. However, judging from the content already scheduled I don’t think it will be before the weekend of May 2. The real question is whether they will keep Libera’s part in the edited telecast.

If you can’t find it on a local channel, it usually runs on Saturday evenings on the TBN cable channel and on Sunday mornings on Lifetime and I think another network.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The Hour of Power also includes clips on their Youtube site, so hopefully we'll get too see some coverage of Libera during the services this morning. As Bruce says it will probably be next week though. I would expect they would include Libera because they have promoted them alot on the Crystal Cathedral website and on their flyers. They can't tease us by saying Libera will perform a stirring prelude before both services, and then not show us ;)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

OOooo, I missed the part about the stirring a prelude. Are the people there hearing some of the St. Philip's Boys Choir behind the Libera sound?? :D
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

I got to sing with Libera today! :D

I attended the 11:00am service at the Crystal Cathedral. It could not be broadcast live as the Hour of Power program airs earlier than that here in California. Libera played a prominent role in the service today, so I would suggest all fans seek out the recording whenever it is broadcast probably as Bruce mentioned within the next week or two.

Prior to the 11:00 am service the boys sang Sanctus and Far Away.
I am pleased to be able to report that I thought Ben was fantastic in the lead of Far Away this morning. His delivery was a vast improvement over Thursday's performance.

Once the service began, the boys joined the rest of us in attendance for Joyful, Joyful We Adore You and Morning Has Broken.

Salva Me was performed during the offetory. I still couldn't see Stefan with my own eyes (although my vantage point was fantastic), but I did see
him deliver his solo on the Jumboscreen.

Josh, Ben and Liam were interviewed by Robert Schuller briefly, as was a fan who was flown in from Florida for the day courtesy of the Make a Wish foundation and then the boys performed Gloria before leaving.
During the interview the boys graciously said the most impressive thing they had seen in California was the Crystal Cathedral. I will say photos don't do it justice, this place is amazing.

All of the performances were spot on. Any fan will be pleased with whatever portion of Libera's contribution to the Sunday service that makes it into the broadcast.

I will report back on tonight's show as I am next able.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Brilliant - thanks again Tom, news would have been virtually non-existent had it not been for your reports ;)

Wow they even interviewed some of the boys, didn't expect that. It sounds from your report, that they had a major contribution to the morning services. I can't wait to see any of it online. What was the attendance like, and the accoustics? Look forward to your thoughts on tonights concert, which will be 3:30am UK Time!! - (3hrs before I get up for work on a completely non-related note.)
libera36 wrote:OOooo, I missed the part about the stirring a prelude. Are the people there hearing some of the St. Philip's Boys Choir behind the Libera sound?? :D
Possibly, a bit like the service they did at the Riverside last year ;)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, sounds like the people there got both! Salva Me, Sanctus and Far Away... The lucky ducks who got to see them :D
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

I’m glad to hear that some of the members of Libera were interviewed during the church service. It is normal that when performers are interviewed their performance is also shown on the telecast. Like I said earlier, I think it will be a couple of weeks before it is aired. If you are checking out the TBN telecast on April 25; however, double check the schedule. Due to a live program from New York being telecast across the nation that night only, the “Hour of Power” will be seen special time in some parts of the country.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

The tour is over. :(

A very tired Libera has headed off to their hotel and is preparing for their trip home tomorrow (much to the chagrin of their American fans).

This performance was better artistically then Thursday's. The song, performer and soloist lineup was the same as Thursday night but
perhaps the additional practice time helped as there were fewer miscues in this rendition.

The main floor of the Cathedral was packed - well over 1000 people in attendance, many like me, travelling long distances to see the show.

This crowd was more boisterous than Palm Springs as evidenced by the "Kavana Rocks" / "Mini Ben is the Bomb" signs that were displayed during the curtain call. Kavana almost missed his bow, so it definitely got his attention. :D

The Crystal Cathedral has a Welcoming Center / Book Store a short distance away from the Church itself which served as an excellent place to congregate with all Libera members. I was finally able to pass on those Happy Birthday greetings to Zak, congratulate Flynn for a job well done on his new solo, recognize Ralph for his ever present smile and obtain the signatures of all 23 touring choristers (plus Steven G and Big Ben) for my program of the evening's events. 10 of the boys were seated at the table signing away for the line of assembled fans; the other 13 were collecting donations and mingling with the crowd. I probably had more fun visiting with the 13 minglers because they had more time available; no pressure on them to keep the line moving.

All in all a very satisfying event. Although I still rank the Albany and Hartford performances as the best I've seen, this will probably go down as my favorite concert attended. Standing in the long lines (as the seats were first come first served) I got to meet many Libera fans and the unique venue offered for the post concert activities at the Crystal Cathedral made it the best meet and greet I've ever attended.

You European concertgoers have so much to look forward to. I will have to be satisfied with reading your accounts of the rest of the concerts this summer.

As always, if anyone is wondering about anything more specific concerning this concert that they think I might know the answer to, feel free to ask, otherwise Tom will likely be heading back into lurker status for awhile. :)
Last edited by tom413 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiseInGlory

Post by RiseInGlory »

Thank you for the report! It's awesome that some fans made signs... looks like Japan isn't the only place where they get to be "superstars" =D
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I just saw this article:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/audr ... foundation

There's a picture of Josh, Liam, and Ben.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

tom413 wrote:As always, if anyone is wondering about anything more specific concerning this concert that they think I might know the answer to, feel free to ask, otherwise Tom will likely be heading back into lurker status for awhile. :)
We want pictures! :lol: Thanks for the feedback.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

paopao

Post by paopao »

tom413 wrote: ..as evidenced by the "Kavanna Rocks" / "Mini Ben is the Bomb" signs ..
hahahah.. i really want to know their reactions to those signs :-)
MiniBen is the BOMB! YAY!