Libera California-bound (USA concerts, April 2009)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

ripster

Post by ripster »

libera36 wrote:They sent 19 to the US last year. But, a show without Tom? ...................................................

He has a lot of solos. But they did say that they were going to have some new stuff, because the people in Japan have seen it all before. And some of the "new stuff" could cover up the lack of Tom. But he just had that solo on You Were There... And aren't they promoting that?? I think I'm rambling....
I'm pretty sure it's a sudden and unexpected situation, if it's true that Tom isn't going. Tom puts in an incredible amount of solo work during concerts, not just his own songs, but many solo lines on other songs too. I'm guessing Robert Prizeman does have a backup plan for which boys are now going to take over Tom's solo's, but it will still mean a hasty replan from the original script. I'm almost certain that they had Tom in mind for singing You Were There, especially at the Japan concerts.
Last edited by ripster on Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ripster

Post by ripster »

dani wrote:Too be fair if Tom does not go its not shocking as this is his Sats year im pretty sure, if he is in year 9 and so should be spending the time study to prepear for them. Also if his voice is going though the change they will not want to strain his voice by a long tour ( only guessing at that part) . But yeah SATS are very important over here .
Tom's in year 10, so first year of GCSE. I'm guessing it's more voice related, than studies.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

ripster wrote:
dani wrote:Too be fair if Tom does not go its not shocking as this is his Sats year im pretty sure, if he is in year 9 and so should be spending the time study to prepear for them. Also if his voice is going though the change they will not want to strain his voice by a long tour ( only guessing at that part) . But yeah SATS are very important over here .
Tom's in year 10, so first year of GCSE. I'm guessing it's more voice related, than studies.
Thanks for info for some reason i thought he was in year 9.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, but Sam has had some solo's where as Alex has not. I mean, you would think that they both would have gone to the Kennedy Center, but they picked the boys who were soloists and the boys who had been in Libera the longest. Tom and Oliver Cole joined around the same time, and neither of them was a soloist....

On one I hand it think it must have to do with his voice and on the other I think it is probably his studies. Afterall, unless he is leaving Libera, I can't imagine him not going on tour even if his voice has changed. But it could be an emotional thing too. It might be to hard for him to sing from the back, to hear the songs that were his for years, sung by someone else.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:Yeah, but Sam has had some solo's where as Alex has not. I mean, you would think that they both would have gone to the Kennedy Center, but they picked the boys who were soloists and the boys who had been in Libera the longest. Tom and Oliver Cole joined around the same time, and neither of them was a soloist....

On one I hand it think it must have to do with his voice and on the other I think it is probably his studies. Afterall, unless he is leaving Libera, I can't imagine him not going on tour even if his voice has changed. But it could be an emotional thing too. It might be to hard for him to sing from the back, to hear the songs that were his for years, sung by someone else.
I am sure this is not the case but if it was then i would class him as totally selfish. He knew what he was getting into when he signed up and your voice changes and you move to the back and somebody else takes over. Like Michael Horncastle he continued and Far Away was totally his song and then Tom took over singing it.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah, you're right... I think maybe I should stop speculating... I'm not great at it. Most of the stuff I say just kinda comes out sounding stupid :wink:

Ahh well..... :cry: Our little boys are growing up....
ripster

Post by ripster »

Well, like you said, I don't think it's anything like that. However, sudden voice change, doesn't mean you can go from singing upper range to lower range in the space of a cup of tea. It will need retraining, and the singer will need to adapt to their new voice. It could just be unfortunate timing.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

ripster wrote:Well, like you said, I don't think it's anything like that. However, sudden voice change, doesn't mean you can go from singing upper range to lower range in the space of a cup of tea. It will need retraining, and the singer will need to adapt to their new voice. It could just be unfortunate timing.
Very true. His voice will need to settle and they dont want to damage his voice so having a break to get used it would make sense.

As i said to be honest im excited as hopefully some of the new boys will get there chance to get some solo time. As Tom started singing solos when he was about 8.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

That would be great!! Some of the new boys are adorable. I wonder who will sing the "Salva" part in Salva Me, now that Joe has left....
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Hmm.. It's probably with mixed feelings for me.. Tom has been in Libera for more than 8 years and he has contributed so much, with him missing for the Tours in April seems a little out of place. But I'm so excited to see so many more new members going on the tour in April and kind of curious as to what songs they would be singing.. I can't wait to hear one or two of the younger boys singing the solo parts too.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah. I think this will be easier if we look at it in the positive light. I can't wait to see what they've got in stock as far as new songs. :!:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So to move to a happier topic who do we think may get solos out of the new boys ?

I think maybe Ralph Skan(sp) and maybe Fylnn Marks or Kanvana as they seem to be the boys that stick out the most from stuff we have seen recently.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

I'd say possibly Kavana because he's got the personality of a soloist. Also, I think I read somewhere that Big Ben said he was good future prospect.... Strong high notes, I think he said... A "Salva Me" candidate?? Also, Flynn and James Threadgill, because they were the "new boys" on tour last year, but they have some experience now.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

libera36 wrote:I'd say possibly Kavana because he's got the personality of a soloist. Also, I think I read somewhere that Big Ben said he was good future prospect.... Strong high notes, I think he said... A "Salva Me" candidate?? Also, Flynn and James Threadgill, because they were the "new boys" on tour last year, but they have some experience now.
Oh thats cool do yu remember where you read it? I would like to read it :)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

It was in a concert review by someone... I can't remember who, though! The person said they were talking to Big-Ben and he said the boys to look out for in the future were Kavana and Joe Snelling.