One Voice Children's Choir

Talk about other music related artists you like

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

One Voice Children's Choir

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I was curious about the opinions of some forum members regarding this group. Personally, I find most of their songs to be too pop-oriented, but I'm still impressed by what the group has been able to achieve. Despite the pandemic, the group has released 10 music videos this year. I'm sure that looser restrictions during the pandemic were a big factor. The director goes out of his way to feature several soloists in almost every song they perform.
john45
Gold Member

Re: One Voice Children's Choir

Post by john45 »

A mini version of the Tabernacle Choir and about the same standard/style. No thank you, not for me.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

john45 wrote: <span title="Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:44 pm">3 years ago</span> A mini version of the Tabernacle Choir and about the same standard/style. No thank you, not for me.
You mean the Mormon Tabernacle Choir? Their repertoire and style are very different from the One Voice choir in my opinion. The only real similarity between the two groups is that they're both from Utah.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

No doubt it's incredible what they've achieved fame wise.. but they're far closer to a pop group than anything else in my eyes! Not a fan...

Purely as a hypothetical, I wonder how popular 'Libera' might be if they sang such a repertoire.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I enjoy most of their songs. Of course it is very different from other choirs since they have a very modern set of songs. I really like Believer (Imagine Dragons), the Frozen covers for example. Not many choirs sing that type of songs very successfully. Though I wonder how good they are live, since I suspect there is a lot of work with the records. What I like with that choir is also the variety of voices, styles, and personality of the kids. They are free. And so many girls can shine with their talent. Not many choirs give the opportunity to girls to sing at their best, with their child voice.