Autograph Quiz!

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

theriverflowson
Silver Member

Autograph Quiz!

Post by theriverflowson »

Hey everyone,

I own a signed programme from the Westminster Concert in October 2018 (btw, if you are trying to get rid of some of your signed stuff please remember me :wink: ). It took me several hours of comparing other autographed items and watching M&G videos and I feel this is the best I can do to assign names to signatures. It might make no sense at all, but since I collect autographs for many years now it's some really enjoyable work for me and you celebrate each signature you are able to identify :lol:

Well, a few signatures are not identified yet and others might be assigned incorrectly. Maybe some of you guys are interested in such stuff as well and have some expertise.

Currently, I was not able to identify three signatures + I was not able to identify signatures of three of the participants (Marc Alvares, Cassius Collard, Matthew Jansen) + i'm on the fence with one autograph (Ethan Barron or Emanuele Borelli). I'm not sure if staff members would typically sign programmes for sale as well or if some boys were exchanged short term.

Members present at the concert (according to programme & source of Libera Boys Choir Database):

Adam Izghouti
Alessandro Mackinnon-Botti
Alex Gula
Alex Montoro
Alexandre Menuet
Ben Bywater
Benjamin Wevill
Calam Virk Tamana
Camden Stewart
Cassius Collard (signature missing?!)
Daniel White
Dominik Clarke
Emanuele Borrelli (signature missing?!)
Ethan Barron (signature missing?!)
Felipe Jackson
Frederick Mushrafi
Gabriel Collins
Isaac London
Jack Spicha
Johnny Gardner
Joseph Cranitch
Koji Shinokubo
Laurence Davey
Laurence Taylor
Leo Barron
Luca Brugnoli
Luke Batteson-Dalphaz
Marc Alvares (signature missing?!)
Mathias Montoro
Merlin Brouwer
Nathaniel Bates-Fisher
Neo Parson
Nicholas Taylor
Oliver Mycka
Oliver Watt-Rodriguez
Peter Kielty
Rocco Tesei
Romeo Tesei
Samuel-Francis Collins
Tadhg Fitzgerald
Taichi Shinokubo
Victor Wiggin

Alumni:
Ciaran Bradbury-Hickey
Matthew Jansen (signature missing?!)
Matthew Madine
Sam Wiggin

I'm quite excited to see if anyone has some thoughts :mrgreen:

Thanks,
theriverflowson
Last edited by theriverflowson on Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
john45
Gold Member

Re: Autograph Quiz!

Post by john45 »

Just to add to the confusion:
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 5.16.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 5.16.39 PM.png (4.92 MiB) Viewed 3966 times
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 5.16.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 5.16.39 PM.png (4.92 MiB) Viewed 3966 times
I think your EB is probably Emanuel and the unknown ending in AB is Ethan Barron. The one you identify as Koji might be Cassius.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Here are a couple more you might enjoy deciphering
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 6.04.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 6.04.15 PM.png (4.13 MiB) Viewed 3965 times
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 6.04.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 6.04.15 PM.png (4.13 MiB) Viewed 3965 times
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 6.01.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 6.01.46 PM.png (2.91 MiB) Viewed 3965 times
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 6.01.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 6.01.46 PM.png (2.91 MiB) Viewed 3965 times
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Thanks John, reference material from the same time is very helpful - I will check this out!

Interesting how the signatures change depeding for example on occasion (meet and greet, signing of material in advance, rushed vs. careful signatures) and material (textile surface vs. paper). Why is the group picture signed multiple times by some boys, btw? :mrgreen:
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Based on your hints and material I made some edits (red ones), now each signature is assigned :D .

I'm quite happy now, minor concerns are left for Ethan Barron (never saw this hashtag signature before plus his signature would normaly be "EBA") and Cassius (he would normale sign as "CC").

On your programme with some fantasy I'm identifying one signature as "KS" (means Koji) and found a similar one on my programme.

Last edited by theriverflowson on Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:18 am">3 years ago</span> Why is the group picture signed multiple times by some boys, btw?
In Japan, the boys are split into two or more groups for signing sessions. Fans are also split and directed to one group only. There are usually more than a thousand fans who want to meet them, so it's probably the best way to manage the session without it taking too long and exhausting the boys. The groups are not always the same at the different concerts, so in order to get all signatures together on the same page some duplication is inevitable.
theriverflowson
Silver Member

john45 wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:07 pm">3 years ago</span>
theriverflowson wrote: <span title="Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:18 am">3 years ago</span> Why is the group picture signed multiple times by some boys, btw?
In Japan, the boys are split into two or more groups for signing sessions. Fans are also split and directed to one group only. There are usually more than a thousand fans who want to meet them, so it's probably the best way to manage the session without it taking too long and exhausting the boys. The groups are not always the same at the different concerts, so in order to get all signatures together on the same page some duplication is inevitable.
Oh yes, that totally makes sense! Anyway, funny to see for example Oliver WR signing the same document three times :lol:

Here is your programme, the "???" I think might be Ethan Barron (missing: Alex Montoro, Matthew Jansen, Marc Alvares):

theriverflowson
Silver Member

I – apparently :lol: - got a bit bored today, so I grabbed some signed programmes and tried to assign signatures to names again :D Maybe this is of interest to anyone. The first programme is from Ely 2022, the second one from the recent concert in Chichester.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
in2dwww

Post by in2dwww »

I have a US concert program that has a "Moose" sig.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

in2dwww wrote: <span title="Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:58 pm">1 year ago</span> I have a US concert program that has a "Moose" sig.
Excellent, can we have a photo?
in2dwww

Post by in2dwww »

Yes, when I get back to the US next week.
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

Signed programme 2015
Libera-2015-signed01.jpg
Libera-2015-signed01.jpg (313.03 KiB) Viewed 2140 times
Libera-2015-signed01.jpg
Libera-2015-signed01.jpg (313.03 KiB) Viewed 2140 times
Story time:
If my memory doesn't fail me, but I think it was during the intermission of the Libara concert at St. George's Cathedral that I got talking to a woman sitting next to me. I saw that she had a signed program booklet. When I asked her how she got that, she said to me: shall we exchange? I gave her mine (unsigned) programme and I got hers. So I don't know how she got it. Thanks again to this kind lady. Libera public is very friendly anyway . :D
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

seraphita wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:27 pm">1 year ago</span> Signed programme 2015

Libera-2015-signed01.jpg

Story time:
If my memory doesn't fail me, but I think it was during the intermission of the Libara concert at St. George's Cathedral that I got talking to a woman sitting next to me. I saw that she had a signed program booklet. When I asked her how she got that, she said to me: shall we exchange? I gave her mine (unsigned) programme and I got hers. So I don't know how she got it. Thanks again to this kind lady. Libera public is very friendly anyway . :D
They sign a number of programmes before each concert (in the UK, when on tour they often hold a meet & greet event where they will sign things for you). There is a limited number and they sell them at a higher price (£10 each against £5 for unsigned). They can sell out quickly so people still like to queue early to make sure they get one 😀
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
seraphita
Silver Member

Post by seraphita »

But I didn't pay her anyting ...

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:24 pm">1 year ago</span>
They sign a number of programmes before each concert (in the UK, when on tour they often hold a meet & greet event where they will sign things for you). There is a limited number and they sell them at a higher price (£10 each against £5 for unsigned). They can sell out quickly so people still like to queue early to make sure they get one 😀
[]_________[]_________[]

Forever //*\\ Anima Christi
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Very nice encounter and a story to remember, seraphita. :D (you probably wouldn't have gotten mine if I had just one, I appear not to be a kind lady :lol: ).

I like signed programmes as a lasting, tangible documention of the group of boys representing Libera at the respective time, especially if one is lucky enough to look back at many years of concert experiences with generations to come and go.