Libera Featured in Children's "Rock" Song

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

Libera Featured in Children's "Rock" Song

Post by Surpinto »

As per Jimmy Riddle on twitter Libera members have been featured in a song by a band whose music is intended for children. This song is part of an anti-bullying campaign by the band.

Always good that Libera is involved in an assortment of varied projects as this is always a positive for the choir and for the choristers.

Be warned the videos do not play in certain countries and will either be tagged as generally "unavailable" or as "The uploader has not made this video available in your country". So if you have this issue, like I did, you will need to use a VPN or UK-based proxy so that YouTube thinks you are in the UK.

My advice is to use https://www.4everproxy.com/. Put in the URL

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R989Rdcqmsc
and then make the webserver and IP location be London.

An alternative is the browser extension Tunnel Bear which can be used for free up to a download of 500 mb; more than sufficient for this video. If those options fail to work for any reason then you will have to search for online proxy and VPN services which work on your system/browser/device. There are many options from browser extensions to fully-featured software suites. Nearly all are only available as paid options so I apologize for not being able to offer more technical support.

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Libera Featured in Children's "Rock" Song

Post by TullyBascombe »

I have Avast Secure line proxy. I set it to London UK but the video is labelled as unavailable without mention of region or country. If I try to view it without VPN it is blocked as unavailable in my country. (Which is the US.)
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

As for me the link works perfectly fine. I'm currently using ProtonVPN and had set the location to the UK. ProtonVPN is free to download but sadly it requires payment to access premium features.
On the other hand,I think it's Daniel White who was doing the solo in this song. There's something in his voice that is sweet and gentle that makes it sounds really familiar. During these uncertain times,it's really amazing that Libera has been able to participate towards this.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

GlennJalmas wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:47 am">3 years ago</span> As for me the link works perfectly fine. I'm currently using ProtonVPN and had set the location to the UK. ProtonVPN is free to download but sadly it requires payment to access premium features.
On the other hand,I think it's Daniel White who was doing the solo in this song. There's something in his voice that is sweet and gentle that makes it sounds really familiar. During these uncertain times,it's really amazing that Libera has been able to participate towards this.
I agree, sounds like Daniel on one part.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I eventually managed to listen to the song, but after switching the VPN location to the UK and clicking on the link in Surpintino's top post I had to search Youtube for "If The Kids Are United Andy and the Odd Socks". The link in Surpintino's post connected to a sample version.
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:38 pm">3 years ago</span> My advice is to use https://www.4everproxy.com/. Put in the URL

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R989Rdcqmsc
and then make the webserver and IP location be London.
Hmmm....my Antivirus software reports this as having a phishing component to it and blocked it. Free is not always the best or safest route to take.

Guess I'll look at VPNs. Tunnel Bear is highly recommended and my antivirus program offers a paid VPN for a couple dollars a month.

Also, a note here: The reading I've done on VPNs over the past couple years points out that the most secure and private VPNs are the paid VPNs. The free ones cannot be trusted to keep your browsing private and secure. They themselves will look at where you are browsing and will even sell you info. :shock:
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Very true - I've used free VPN's and they are usually too slow and buggy for me. I use CyberGhost for £15 per year and it's everything I need from a VPN.

p.s. Immediately thought Daniel after listening to treble solo, and probably Luca for second higher treble. Apparently this group in popular on CBBC (a children's channel in the UK) so sales of their music will be generated from that. Maybe a video will follow.

Edit: 29/10 - Teaser uploaded with some familiar faces. :wink:
kidsunited.png
kidsunited.png (628.7 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
kidsunited.png
kidsunited.png (628.7 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

It's worth mentioning that this song is a somewhat modified version of an existing song called "If the Kids are United" by the English punk rock group Sham 69. Some of the lyrics in this version are not in the original song. I thought it was clever how they took a punk rock song and transformed it into something that works for the target audience. Although, I think some kids would probably like the original version as well. The brief middle section featuring Libera added a unique element not present in the original song.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

A recent tweet from Libera Official in Twitter.

ste1701fan

Post by ste1701fan »

The song is already available on Spotify.

I'm really dissapointed, as the only nice part of the song are the 25 seconds of Libera! the rest of the song is really really horrible :-) my poor ears!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well it's mainly aimed for the younger audience who have a little more energy and steam to let off...I know I've forgotten the feeling too...

...but they have done really well to weave 'Libera' into a rock tune and the message is a positive one...full video now released..

Sorry for anyone who can't view it due to geographical restrictions (see Surpinto's tips for workarounds in the first post)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:30 pm">3 years ago</span> Well it's mainly aimed for the younger audience who have a little more energy and steam to let off...I know I've forgotten the feeling too...

...but they have done really well to weave 'Libera' into a rock tune and the message is a positive one...full video now released..

Sorry for anyone who can't view it due to geographical restrictions (see Surpinto's tips for workarounds in the first post)
Anyone can identify all the boys in the video? Is that Lewis Quinn in front of Laurence Davey? I see Daniel White, Frederick Mushrafi, Koji Shinokubo, Luca Brugnoli, Victor Wiggin, Nathan Slater, Laurence Davey, Hal Avery, Neo Parson, Alexandre Menuet, Mathias Montoro, Laurence Taylor and Luke Batterson-Dalpiaz. Anyone knows the names of the three boys to the left of Nathan?
The Furby

Post by The Furby »

Left to right : Cameron Birmingham, Frederick Day, Daniel Catalogna, Luke Batteson-Dalpiaz, Nathan Slater, Victor Wiggin, Mathias Montoro, Daniel White, Laurence Taylor, Luca Brugnoli, Alexandre Menuet, Frederick Mushrafi, Hal Avery, Neo Parson, Koji Shinokubo, Lewis Quinn, Laurence Davey