Libera on 'Creative World', a Los Angeles TV show

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

Re: Libera on 'Creative World', a Los Angeles TV show

Post by filiarheni »

Yes, I love it and have provided the interviews details here.

It's very funny how Neo puts Bournemouth just so self-evidently in a row with Japan, the U.S., the Philippines, China and Russia. Japan, the U.S., the Philippines, China and Russia ought to really be proud! :lol:

Daniel about Sing (I like this abbreviation of Sing for Our World): "Everyone is dancing along while we rehearse it." Oh yes! Only this could be imagined! :D

And it suits Victor to prepare his stockings and be curious to look them up the next morning ... :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Rather interesting episode of 'Creative World' this week. During Ep.16 we talk with Takatsugu Muramatsu, a famous Japanese composer, who we learn has had a few collaborations with Libera over the years. One of these (familiar) pieces is showcased in part 2.

Pt. 1:
Pt. 2:
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Songs referenced in Ep.16, in which T. Maramatsu had a hand in:

Far Away [NHK series 'Hyoheki'] -

You Were There ['Daremo mamotte kurenai' theme] -

Angel [Universal Studios Japan's Christmas Show, 'The Voice of An Angel', theme] -

Song of Life [TV series 'Madonna Verde'] -
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you, Wolf! The collaboration between Libera and Maramatsu has been a fruitful one I think we can all agree.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

According to Creative World on Twitter they will have a Libera music video on their next show. The official Libera account then retweeted it. Does this mean a premiere of "If" or possible a different new music video? :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:16 pm">3 years ago</span> According to Creative World on Twitter they will have a Libera music video on their next show. The official Libera account then retweeted it. Does this mean a premiere of "If" or possible a different new music video? :D
Well, that has to be a possibility doesn't it...when will the show air?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I really doubt about that hypothesis.
There is a libera video in almost every show of Creative World, every week. Watch here at the end of the 'part 2' videos.

True, Libera official made a retweet this time.
But despite that, I would be quite surprised if libera gives the exclusive premiere of a new video to that tv show.
it is much more likely that Libera will premiere the new video itself.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

It will air on Sunday apparently but I must agree that the chances are slim that Libera will use this show which only gets 1k views or less on YouTube to premiere its music video. Yet the retweet was anomalous enough to make me consider the possibility.

What are they waiting for?! :(
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The Creative World video went released as usual, like every Saturday at 18:00 PST.

See video 'part 2' at 7:10.

It has the libera 'Angel' video, performed by Isaac as soloist, recorded at the Universal Studio Japan park in Osaka on Summer 2015.
Nothing new then :wink:
theriverflowson
Silver Member

Post by theriverflowson »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:54 am">3 years ago</span> Nothing new then :wink:
Thank you. Just to add this, Angel is followed by some short greetings from Victor, Freddie, Neo and Koji (not sure if it has been recorded exclusively for this very episode of Creative World).
Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yes, it has.
But then again, nothing new here. Every week you have the same short messages from some of the boys.
Go directly on their youtube channel and check the end of the 'episode 2' of each week.
https://youtube.com/channel/UC8O0-26Er3grYcVKKtdol-g
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Some interesting Creative World episodes will be available soon.

Here a recap of some dates to have in mind for Youtube watching.

Usually Creative Worlds releases its videos on Youtube at 5:00 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time).
This corresponds to 01:00 AM the day next for London time BST (British Summer Time), which is another name of UTC+1

Then, speaking in BST time (London), the 4 episodes to come that we should watch closely will be available on Youtube starting :
- Sunday 21 August at 01:00 AM : composer Takatsugu Muramatstu, part 1
- Sunday 28 August at 01:00 AM : composer Takatsugu Muramatstu, part 2
- Sunday 3 September at 01:00 AM : Libera, part 1
- Sunday 10 September at 01:00 AM : Libera, part 2

Reminder for the Creative World Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/CreativeWorldTVshow/videos
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you for putting all of those dates and information together for us, it's much appreciated :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The video with the first part of composer Takatsugu Muramatsu's interview is now online.
It was almost entirely dedicated to Libera and to Robert Prizeman.

Don't know if it is helpful but I managed to extract the subtitles and I made a transcript of it.
Muramatsu interview part 1 - front.png
Muramatsu interview part 1 - front.png (519.3 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
Muramatsu interview part 1 - front.png
Muramatsu interview part 1 - front.png (519.3 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
  • 1 - Introduction

Mizuno : Mr. Muramastu, Thank you for being in our show today.
    It's a pleasure to have you.

Muramastu : Thank you, Nice to meet you.

Mizuno : Nice to meet you too.
    I'm glad to finally be able to meet you in London.

Muramastu : That's right.
    I never thought we'd meet each other in UK, not Los Angeles.

Mizuno : Yes, in UK.
    We've flown from Los Angeles and Tokyo.

Muramastu : I'm glad for this to happen

Mizuno : You've appeared in the first episode of our show.

Muramastu : It's such a wonderfulshow.
    I was moved that you introduced my relationship with Libera in such a heartwarming way.
    (Mentioned video)

Mizuno : I'm happy to hear that.
    That was such a great episode.
    and the message was also fitting the purpose of our show really well.
    It communicated well with the younger generations, and we could feel your passion towards Libera as well.
    Also, it was amazing that we were able to listen to you play the songs.

• 2 - Libera

Muramastu : Thank you.
    Libera is already popular in the U.S.
    but I'm so happy to see that they are getting known even more in the U.S. and Asia through this show.

Mizuno : Yes.

Muramastu : Thank you very much.

Mizuno : It's our pleasure.
    The reason why we are in London right now is unfortunately, the founder and the director of Libera, Robert Prizeman, passed away last year, so we're all getting together in London for his memorial event.
    Mr. Muramatsu has composed many songs for Libera and he'll be performing at the event.

• 3 - Far Away

Mizuno : Could you share with us what songs your're playing and the reason why you chose those songs?

Muramastu : I'll be playing "Far Away", and that was the song Libera and I got to meet.
    It was a theme song for a NHK drama, "Hyouheki (Ice Wall)".
    It was the first time we asked Robert from Japan, and we composed together this "Far Away" in Japan and England.
    Now people in all over the world sing this song, so I decided to play this song for this event.

Mizuno : I see.
    Robert must be happy about that as well.

• 4 - Memorable moment

Mizuno : Do you have any memories or episodes with Robert?

Muramastu : Well, when we composed songs, I usually gave him my music first, and Robert put the lyrics on the music.
    Robert picked up a lot of things from music only even before I explained to him what images I had in mind to write the music.
    He wrote the lyrics understanding the music before I said anything.
    The musicality by itself was conveyed to Robert before putting it in words, and he responded in an exact way.
    It was a destiny to have met a creator like him.
    I'm really shocked that he passed.
    It was unexpected, wasn't it?

• 5 - Inspiration

Mizuno : You mentioned that Robert would respond to your music right away.
    What is your inspiration or what do you value when you compose a music?
    Is there a certain process for you to create a music?

Muramastu : As for Libera, most of the songs were for the theme songs for TV dramas or movies, so the themes were already there.
    I just thought about these themes, and I gave Libera the music that came down to me.

Mizuno : I see, so you think of the member of Libera
    and the projects when you write a music?

Yes, Libera is really a classical crossover group.
    Their sound could be familiar to both the people who usually listen to pops, and those who listen to classics.
    Their range is much wider than regular pop singers, so I think about expressing dynamically utilising their wide range when I write a music fro them.

Mizuno : I see. I can see they're delicate, yet dynamic.

• 6 - Songs for Libera

Mizuno : This is a memorial event for Robert, but you've composed several songs for them in the past.
    Could you share with us the titles of the songs, and the background to compose those music?

Muramastu : Sure.
    "You were There" was the theme song for the movie,
    "Dare Mo Mamotte Kurenai", (mentioned video)
    and "Song of Life” was for another NHK drama, "Madonna Verde. (mentioned video)

The recent one was "Angel (Tenshi no Kureta Kiseki)", the theme song for a Christmas event at Universal Studio Japan, "The Gift of Angeles III". (Mentioned video)
    I think of this song when I think about the most memorable song for me.
    It's a Christmas show about angels bring a miracle on Christmas Day.
    It's a dynamic show, and has won Thea Awards, which is awards for theme parks worldwide.
    The song I composed, "Angel" sounds like angels are saving you when Libera's singing the song.
    It really sounds like Libera is coming down from the sky as angels and bringing a miracle to us.
    This is the song I listen to when I am going through a hard time or need uplifting from Libera

Mizuno : Do you play the song at home sometimes?

Muramastu : I do. I played the piano at first.
    When we recorded "Angel", I performed with Libera, but my piano performance is nothing like "Angel" that Libera sings.
    As a creator, I feel that the song received a new soul by being sung by Libera.

Mizuno : When you perform with Libera,
    do you feel that there's something different about them?

Muramastu : I do. You can hear the pureness and the soul of Libera in the sound that only those children before their voice change have.
    I think it would be hard to produce that kind of sound with regular instruments.

Mizuno : As if your soul get cleansed when you play along with them?

Muramastu : That's right. I don't normally listen to the pieces I created afterwards, but I listen to the pieces I collaborated with Libera when I am little tired or when I take a bath.
    I am happy to have been able to create such wonderful pieces.

• 7 - Working with Libera

Mizuno : I assume that you get to talk to the member of Libera before the performances.
    What is your impression about them?

Muramastu : They are free-spirited, and just enjoying singing.
    It looks that they simply enjoy singing, and that's all.
    Once they're in their dressing rooms, they're just normal, running around, and playing freely.

Mizuno : Do you hang out with them?

Muramastu : When they came to Japan for concerts, I have played with them.

Mizuno : We've shown the member of Libera playing soccer and stuff, but whey they're singing, they're very different.

Muramastu : I think Robert managed really well.
    Once they re on stage, they're on, and that's what was great about Robert.
    The member of Libera changes every year or two as their voice would change, but he kept the quality of Libera as artists.
    It's not an easy thing even for regular classic choirs.
    I am constantly amazed by it.

Mizuno : That's right.
    It's a lot of work to be a representative for the teens and pre-teens.
    I think, Robert was really amazing to have done an important job to be responsible for those children.

Muramastu : He really was.

• 8 - Future project

Mizuno : Could you share with us about your current and future projects as well as what you would like to challenge in the future?

Muramastu : Well, there's this job that happened in relation to Libera.
    The song I mentioned earlier, "Angel", has been covered by FORESTELLA from Universal Korea, which is a male vocal quartet, and it got really popular and made it to the top of K-pop classic chart in Korea. (mentioned video)
    Because of that connection, I get to write and work on a main song for the new album of FORESTELLA.
    It should already be released by the time this episode is on the air, so please check that out. (mentioned video)

Mizuno : We would love to introduce the song in our show.

Muramastu : That'd be great.

Mizuno : Could you tell us about your upcoming projects?

Muramastu : It just started to air, but I made a commercial song for a British company, JAC Recruitment. (mentioned video)
    Since they're a British company, I was asked to do an arrangement to "Pomp and Circumstance".
    Someone is singing Elgar's "Pomp and Circumstance".

Mizuno : Someone? You cannot reveal who that is yet, can you?

Muramastu : No, not yet. The commercial would be the new version of "Pomp and Circumstance" that I arranged with a magnificent orchestra.

Mizuno : When will that be on the air?

Muramastu : Around the middle or at the end of May, I think.
    Also, there's an animation project which I'm working on that will be released next year.
    It'll be released in the U.S. and Europe.

Mizuno : Is that so? We would like to announce it in our show around the time when it gets released.

Muramastu : That'd be great.

Mizuno : Well be looking forward to it.

Muramastu : Libera might get involved with this one as well.
    I haven't made an offer yet, so not sure, though.

Mizuno : Are you planning to ask?

Muramastu : Yes, I am.

Second part of the interview to be available online next week.

Edit : this is the 2nd part of Takatsugu Muramatsu interview.
The 1st part was 13'25'' long. The 2nd part is much shorter, just 2'10''.

• 9 - Challenge

Mizuno : You've already been really active, but is there anything else you would like to challenge?

Muramastu : Yes. "Drive My Car" was nominated for Oscars and won this year, and that was a really brilliant news for Japanese film industry. There are many wonderful Japanese films and wonderful creators in Japan, so I am hoping them to expand more and more in the U.S. and UK. I kind of want to take the lead, to be more active internationally, so I would like to challenge various things and work hard for that.

Mizuno : That's great. I completely agree with you. I hope there are more people from Japan to be active internationally, and I'd be thrilled for you to take the lead in the music industry.

Muramastu : I will work hard from Japan.

Mizuno : We are rooting for you.

Muramastu : Thank you.

• 10 - Celebration of life

Mizuno : I heard you are performing with Libera at Robert's memorial event later.

Muramastu : It's a very rare opportunity since Libera can't travel to Japan because of the pandemic. I was always looking forward to performing together and talking to them whenever they came. Although this is a memorial event for Robert, I am very happy that he reunited me and Libera once more. I would like to enjoy tomorrow.

Mizuno : At such a gorgeous church.

Muramastu : Yes, I really can't wait.

Mizuno : We're really looking forward to it,and I'm sure Robert would have been deeply moved as well.

Muramastu : Yes, thank you.

Mizuno : This was a composer, Mr. Muramatsu. Thank you very much.

There are then a few photos from Robert's event, then some panels where Creative Worlds confirms its will the continue promoting Libera in the US for their season 3, and finally Daniel introduced some libera music videos in a short message of 5 sec.
Daniel.jpg
Daniel.jpg (34.02 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
Daniel.jpg
Daniel.jpg (34.02 KiB) Viewed 2168 times

Next week Creative World will have some Libera new material, likely a talk with Daniel, Morgan and Joseph.