Libera on 'Creative World', a Los Angeles TV show

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: Libera on 'Creative World', a Los Angeles TV show

Post by Padmachou »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:24 pm">3 years ago</span> Thank you for the detailed summary. Glad that Libera is getting this sort of exposure during a time when they are unable to perform. It was mentioned that someone in the choir speaks German, I wonder who that is? The other language speakers we were already aware of.
Yeah ? Which boy speaks russian ? I wasn't aware of that.
There is a lot of newbies so maybe the german speaker is one of them ?
LordG

Post by LordG »

There was this little incident in Vallenda on 02.08.2016 where Peter tried to speak German and then found no words.
Matthew then jumped to his side. :)
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:29 pm">3 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:24 pm">3 years ago</span>It was mentioned that someone in the choir speaks German, I wonder who that is? The other language speakers we were already aware of.
Yeah ? Which boy speaks russian ? I wasn't aware of that.There is a lot of newbies so maybe the german speaker is one of them ?
I'd say so or at least I guess it's someone who was not already a Libera member when they recorded their multilingual Christmas greetings video. Because otherwise they would - well, hopefully - have included a Christmas wish in German as well.

Jack speaks Russian. He held a fluent speech in Russian in Moscow and was rewarded for that by a non-stoppable applause from the audience. It was totally stirring to see how happy he was about that. :D
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Padmachou wrote:Which boy speaks russian ? I wasn't aware of that.
Yes you are, but you forgot about it :wink:

Watch this video at position 2'00'' and you'll have the answer :)

Or you can read this spoiler :mrgreen:
► Show Spoiler

Edit : I see that filiarheni edited her post to add the Russian part while I was writting mine. Well, I keep mine :wink:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Oh ... I hadn't intended to respond to the Russian question, but when I thought of him, the memory was so lovely that I loved too much writing about it again. Perhaps some people read your newer post first, so the riddle won't be spoilt. :wink:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Oh... yes I definitely watched the online concert four or five times so I was "aware" :lol: Impressive how fluent he is !
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Today September 27 the 3rd episode of Creative World went published on Youtube.

This episode talks about Japanese composer Akira Senju (Eternal Light) and Libera.
This time the episode is divided in 2 parts of approx. 15 mn each.
Surprisingly they did not broadcast the song 'Eternal Light'. I don't get this. :?

• Part 1
    Introduction and talk with Akira Senju. No libera images.
    At about 7'20'' he talks about how he connected with libera.

• Part 2
    It contains :
    - A talk from Daniel (new images)
    - Official video of the song 'Sing Lulaby' with Dominik as soloist
    - A talk from Koji (new images), at 6'15''
    - Official video of the song 'Salve Regina', starting 7'00''.

Next week's episode will be the 4th of the series and the last with libera.
It will be about the composer Michiru Oshima (You Were There, from the video game ICO).
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:14 am">3 years ago</span> Today September 27 the 3rd episode of Creative World went published on Youtube.

This episode talks about Japanese composer Akira Senju (Eternal Light) and Libera.
This time the episode is divided in 2 parts of approx. 15 mn each.
Surprisingly they did not broadcast the song 'Eternal Light'. I don't get this. :?
This confused me as well! Is it perhaps because of some sort of copyright issue? That is my only guess because no other explanation makes sense. Obviously none of us knows the answer but this was strange.

Hopefully this gains more fans/supporters of Libera in the LA area. :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Today October 4th, the 4th episode of Creative World went published on Youtube.
It is the last one having Libera as guest.

This episode talks about Japanese composer Michiru Oshima who made the 'You Were There' song used in the video game 'ICO' (you can hear it here.)
The episode is divided in 2 parts of approx. 13 mn each.

• Part 1
    Introduction and talk with Michiru Oshima. No libera images.
    They talk about Libera from 3'55' to 5'55''.
    I didn't know that Steven Geraghty was chosen by Mrs Oshima among a group of 3 boys.

• Part 2
    It contains :
    - A talk from Koji (new images) 0'28''-0'38''
    - Official video of the song 'Lacrymosa' with Alex G and Leo playing chess
    - A talk from Daniel (new images), from 4'00'' to 4'45''
    - Official video of the song 'America the Beautiful', from 4'45'' to 8'30''
    - The new Libera presentation video, from 8'30'' to 11'25''

Next week's episode will not involve Libera, the guest will be the Japanese CEO of a tires company in the USA.
But they also announced there will be "a little message from Libera at the end of the show".
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you for the nice summary. I feel completely unfamiliar with that song sung Steven Geraghty and yet I recognize it as though we have discussed it here before...oops :lol: :roll: My bad memory strikes again!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Something new is cooking about libera on the tv show Creative World.

Three things just poped :

1) Creative World says that this Sunday 8 November they will have "an exciting announcement for libera fans".

This will be broadcast one week later on Youtube.

2) Creative World will have a full show dedicated to libera. It will be broadcast on Sunday 13 December, and will be visible on Youtube on Saturday 19 December.

Before their 1st show they posted about 'an interview that was to come soon'. Perhaps it is that.

3) Creative World just shared and completed a post from Nick about donating to help to have a new libera tour in the US.

The 'exciting news' that will be announced this Sunday might be just about the dedicated show of Dec. 13, but could it be linked to a coming tour ? :)
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Thank you for keeping close tabs on these developments, fan_de_LoK. I think a tour announcement to the US in 2021 is a long shot given the current uncertainty about the timelines for eradicating Covid. But perhaps we can remain optimistic. :)

Is it possible that the surprise is a new album? We know that the release of an album coincided with a Japanese tour in October every year as a result of their deal with Libera-Records. But this year it did not happen due to the pandemic, so perhaps there is an EP or even a full album in the works? Maybe with "Vespera" on it due to the recent Aled Jones recording? :D We know they recorded their part on that and on that anti-bullying song so they are clearly doing recordings!

I suspect strongly that a new song, music video, or album would be the potential surprise - assuming there is a real surprise at all waiting for us knowledgeable fans - as opposed to a rehash of something already known to us :lol:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Any one of the three would be very much appreciated.
At this point though I don't think that it is realistic to make plans for a US tour even next year. The pandemic is expected to continue well into 2021. We don't have a firm date as to when the vaccines will be approved, we don't know how rapidly it will be manufactured or distributed and we don't know how effective it will be.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Episode 15 is now available on Youtube. Part 1, which is about 15 minutes long, features several members being interviewed by the host of the show. Daniel, Victor, Koji, Freddie, and Neo are interviewed.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

https://youtu.be/nDbbF8uo0Ow

A really fun interview and really good to hear that the boys are keeping their spirits up during the pandemic....with one (Daniel) using it to his advantage for extra Christmas presents :lol: