New EP from Mini Concert

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

New EP from Mini Concert

Post by Surpinto »

Libera have announced the release of an EP of the music we heard in their mini concert. Although we already have an active thread discussing the video, I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread concerning the commercial recording (CD) to be released.

First of all the artwork is already clear.

The title of the file is "coverart" :wink: and, though this was the poster they used for the concert, it is clearly meant as cover art given that it is a square. Typical posters for concerts are rectangular; album artwork is always a square due to the traditional, square dimensions of CD jewel cases. :D
Padmachou
Silver Member

Re: New EP from Mini Concert

Post by Padmachou »

I find it great, not only because of the music we all enjoyed but because it might be a small income for Libera. I will order it without thinking twice about it.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:56 pm">3 years ago</span> I find it great, not only because of the music we all enjoyed but because it might be a small income for Libera. I will order it without thinking twice about it.
Exactly! We need to support them in this difficult time. Just look at how they support us with this video that clearly took who knows how many hours to make! :shock:

Buying the EP along with a financial donation is the best thing we can do for them.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Hmmmmm.............. Do you think they will entitle it "Apart But Together?"
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:41 pm">3 years ago</span> Image

The title of the file is "coverart" :wink: and, though this was the poster they used for the concert, it is clearly meant as cover art given that it is a square. Typical posters for concerts are rectangular; album artwork is always a square due to the traditional, square dimensions of CD jewel cases. :D
Any idea who the boys on the extreme left, the extreme right boy in the top row and the boy whose head is peeking out behind Tadhg are?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

bamboo wrote:Any idea who the boys on the extreme left, the extreme right boy in the top row and the boy whose head is peeking out behind Tadhg are?
I'm afraid your ask is not perfectly clear :lol:

Here are two images with all the names we know so far :

(click the images to enlarge)

bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:09 pm">3 years ago</span>
bamboo wrote:Any idea who the boys on the extreme left, the extreme right boy in the top row and the boy whose head is peeking out behind Tadhg are?
I'm afraid your ask is not perfectly clear :lol:

Here are two images with all the names we know so far :

(click the images to enlarge)

Thanks for those names! Been hunting around for them. What I was referring to was the cover art. Can't quite identify all the boys on the cover art...
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

On the cover art you can see :
Cameron, Dominik, Laurence, Felipe
Half of Victor, Frederik, Koji behind Taghd, and Luke behind Taghd, Ben
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

I'm a bit confused about the young man identified as "Nathaniel B." or "Nathaniel Brown," as I've never seen or heard of him as a member of Libera.
Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 3.08.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 3.08.15 PM.png (45.35 KiB) Viewed 3406 times
Screen Shot 2020-06-07 at 3.08.15 PM.png (45.35 KiB) Viewed 3406 times
The only other Nathaniel (besides the current one) that I know of is Nathaniel Webb (lower photo), who sang with the group in the early 2000s.

Can anyone clear this up for me?
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 10.50.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 10.50.42 AM.png (49.63 KiB) Viewed 3406 times
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 10.50.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 10.50.42 AM.png (49.63 KiB) Viewed 3406 times
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:57 pm">3 years ago</span> I'm a bit confused about the young man identified as "Nathaniel B." or "Nathaniel Brown," as I've never seen or heard of him as a member of Libera.

The only other Nathaniel (besides the current one) that I know of is Nathaniel Webb (lower photo), who sang with the group in the early 2000s.

Can anyone clear this up for me?Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 10.50.42 AM.png
From what I've researched so far, Nathaniel Brawn is not a former Libera member, but he has been the pianist for quite a few Libera concerts. He was formally in Highcliffe Youth Choir.
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:10 am">3 years ago</span>
Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:57 pm">3 years ago</span> I'm a bit confused about the young man identified as "Nathaniel B." or "Nathaniel Brown," as I've never seen or heard of him as a member of Libera.

From what I've researched so far, Nathaniel Brawn is not a former Libera member, but he has been the pianist for quite a few Libera concerts. He was formally in Highcliffe Youth Choir.
Would that make him the only person to sing as part of Libera as an adult without having been a boy chorister?
bamboo
Silver Member

Post by bamboo »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:18 pm">3 years ago</span>

Would that make him the only person to sing as part of Libera as an adult without having been a boy chorister?
I think Ian Grimley too sang in Libera (not at a concert, but featured on the 1988 album) without having been a boy chorister? I found what he wrote on your blog:
"I have only just found your very informative blog about Libera and it’s history. I would like to just correct one issue which concerns the identity of “Ian Grimley” as a soloist on the first album “Sing for Ever” released in 1988. In fact Robert used the men from St Philip’s Church Choir as backing on many of the choir’s early releases. If you listen carefully for example to “San Damiano” with Sal Solo you can hear the men providing the backing. We spent several hours in the studio laying down the tracks and I can still sing both tenor and bass lines from memory. For the album I sang the solo verse in “The Lord’s My Shepherd”. It should be evident from listening to the track that the soloist is a bass voice and not one of the trebles on the cover of the album pictured on your blog. For the public persona of the choir, from St Philip’s Choir through Angel Voices to Libera, it was always the intention to feature the trebles and the men were happy to provide backing."

I wonder if Nathaniel Brawn is part of the St Philip's Choir. Haven't found any evidence of it yet.
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:32 am">3 years ago</span>

I think Ian Grimley too sang in Libera (not at a concert, but featured on the 1988 album) without having been a boy chorister? I found what he wrote on your blog:
"I have only just found your very informative blog about Libera and it’s history. I would like to just correct one issue which concerns the identity of “Ian Grimley” as a soloist on the first album “Sing for Ever” released in 1988. In fact Robert used the men from St Philip’s Church Choir as backing on many of the choir’s early releases. If you listen carefully for example to “San Damiano” with Sal Solo you can hear the men providing the backing. We spent several hours in the studio laying down the tracks and I can still sing both tenor and bass lines from memory. For the album I sang the solo verse in “The Lord’s My Shepherd”. It should be evident from listening to the track that the soloist is a bass voice and not one of the trebles on the cover of the album pictured on your blog. For the public persona of the choir, from St Philip’s Choir through Angel Voices to Libera, it was always the intention to feature the trebles and the men were happy to provide backing."

I wonder if Nathaniel Brawn is part of the St Philip's Choir. Haven't found any evidence of it yet.
I was actually differentiating (in my mind) between adult men singing on St. Philip's/Angel Voices/Libera recordings, and Nathaniel Brawn actually appearing onscreen with the group as part of a concert. By the way, Ian Grimley is apparently quite a large guy, well over six feet tall, which caused Robert Prizeman to dub him "The Great Grimlino."
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

The EP is now available for pre-order. :D

I see no option for a physical CD. My suspicion is that this release might be digital only; this is because Amazon usually releases for pre-ordering both physical and digital versions at the same time.

Anyway, here are the relevant links.

Amazon [US], [UK], [JP], [DE], [FR]

Google Play

Apple Music (not sure if this is only a US specific link, if so apologies).
Last edited by Surpinto on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Amie_Hill wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:29 pm">3 years ago</span>
bamboo wrote: <span title="Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:32 am">3 years ago</span>

I was actually differentiating (in my mind) between adult men singing on St. Philip's/Angel Voices/Libera recordings, and Nathaniel Brawn actually appearing onscreen with the group as part of a concert. By the way, Ian Grimley is apparently quite a large guy, well over six feet tall, which caused Robert Prizeman to dub him "The Great Grimlino."
Can somebody identify this singer for me?
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 12.50.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 12.50.06 PM.png (20.7 KiB) Viewed 3116 times
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 12.50.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 12.50.06 PM.png (20.7 KiB) Viewed 3116 times