Lockdown encouragement video

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Lockdown encouragement video

Post by maartendas »

Hi all,

So I've been thinking what with this lockdown and everything, how we could encourage and support the boys and staff and parents to get through these difficult times. Libera themselves have always been kind to give us Christmas messages and other short message videos for the fans to mark special occasions. I was wondering if this is the time to give something back. Maybe we as fans could make a similar video message to show our support and encourage them to keep up the singing at home, to keep up the good spirit, to thank them for the music which is getting us through the lockdown/quarantine/social distancing and to express our hope for a return of Libera singing together very soon.

Now, I know last year Libera of the US held a contest where we were asked to record a short video to explain what Libera means to us. A lof of you jumped to the challenge, even if you didn't want to appear recognisable with your face in the video. A lot of you were creative and personal and even with modest means were able to make videos that spoke from and to the heart. Surely now we can do something similar, if not better? All we would need, really, is a bunch of these individually recorded messages and then someone who is able to meld them all together in one big fan-based Thank You and Support video.

Who's game? I'll share this on Twitter too and direct to this thread so as to have the conversation in one place.
One thing up front: I won't be able to do the whole editing thing afterwards - but I will take it on me to make sure Libera gets to see the end result. If someone else wants to do that, that's fine too ofcourse!

Let's make this lockdown time a time of hope, of creativity, of gratitude and finding new ways of connecting. Let's make this a time they will not only remember for the difficulties but also for the positivity that came out of it.

I'd love to hear your comments - and hopefully, get the cameras rolling :D

P.S.: Maybe we could aim to have the whole thing ready for Easter :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Re: Lockdown encouragement video

Post by Surpinto »

During this coronavirus pandemic, and with many people stuck at home, a little fan community project is a great idea. There are a number of cool things that many of us could do for fun to keep our spirits up; aside from merely listening to our favorite choir of course. :wink:

But it should be mentioned that we don't know what the Libera organization has done (or not) in this regard and what they would be okay with. I think that before beginning this project it would be prudent for you to contact the Libera organization and ask if they would be okay with something like this. Perhaps they have their own plan as to how to keep up the spirits of both the choristers and the staff; and perhaps they may welcome our help....or not. We really ought to leave this up to them.

It is possible that the Libera organization would prefer some other form of support from fans at this time that is more congruent with their plans. So in summary, I think you should check with them before beginning such an undertaking. :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Lockdown encouragement video

Post by maartendas »

Okay, I get your point.
No one else has replied to the suggestion so it might not even be worth bothering to ask if no one is going to participate.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above