Libera Members

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

GlennJalmas

Libera Members

Post by GlennJalmas »

This was recently posted at the Libera group page in Facebook stating that some of the recent members had already left the group. These would include Ben Bywater,Tadgh Fitzgerald,Mathias Montoro,Sam Collins,Neo,Alex Menuet,Victor Wiggins and Oliver WD.
Any thoughts about this?

Prototype

Re: Libera Members

Post by Prototype »

That is a pity, its a shame when any member of Libera leaves. I am sure they had their reasons though. I was devastated when Tom and Josh left, but now we have some more great soloists, eventually they will leave too and so it will go on for as long as Libera exists which I hope is for a very long time!!
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Two things:

1) Libera is a boy choir and as we all know, boys grow up and lose their treble voices at some point :wink: :wink: :wink: . This is very normal and the members of boy choirs come, stay for a couple of years and go. This is how it is and we'd all better get used to it, as it isn't going to change. :wink: :wink:

2) As far as I know, Libera never announce that this or that member has left. In my opinion a post like this one on FB is nothing else as a rumour, which can't be officially verified and a discussion about it is nothing else as spreading rumours as well, which I'm not a big fan of.

P.S. I tried to be a bit funny in my post here and I didn't intend to insult or admonish anyone. If you feel so, I apologise.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I would be highly skeptical of this, especially considering that Tadhg was mentioned in relation to the March 8th Evensong at St. Philip's. This mention was from someone on Twitter who regularly attends there.
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

The boys mentioned were the current soloists of the group and it's such a shame to have them leave Libera. Rumors spread so fast like virus.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

I'd hope it's just a rumor. I imagine it's unusual for so many to depart in a short period, especially during a school term (i.e low chance of relocation / physical inability to attend), though with uncertain times currently, perhaps that factored in to it somewhat.

It would be a shame as I'd hoped to find the opportunity to see them Live with the current soloists, perhaps this Christmas, as to me it seems like somewhat of a "golden-age" in that multiple long-standing and established soloists have reached their peak and are coming toward the end of their run.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I think it is a rumor of a rumor. Why would so many leave all at once?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Always consider the source. "Someone on Instagram said" is our first clue. :wink:
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Is it possible that some parents are simply removing their boys from non-mandatory public gatherings until this pandemic passes?
james010101

Post by james010101 »

There's no need to give any attention to this rumour because it simply isn't true.
Prototype

Post by Prototype »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:55 pm">4 years ago</span> Always consider the source. "Someone on Instagram said" is our first clue. :wink:
Very good point.