Potential Impact of COVID-19 on Libera

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Re: Potential Impact of COVID-19 on Libera

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:39 pm">2 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:45 pm">2 years ago</span> So, it seems that the singers are back to a regular schedule of liturgical singing on Sundays along with rehearsing. Looking ahead, I don't know when they will do a tour again. However, there is a 5-1/2 month gap between their Christmas concert and their Ely concert next year. If they aren't going to tour, couldn't they manage to do a couple more concerts? They have the one week break in February and the 2.5 week break in April. It would be nice if they could schedule additional concerts during those breaks in London or other locations in England. If they don't tour next summer either, then they should do the same during that period.

Looking ahead to the next couple months, they mentioned that something was in the works to honor Robert Prizeman and his legacy. I wonder if that will occur before Christmas, or if it will be early next year? They do have the late October vacation to work with, but I have the feeling they may need more time to put all the components together for a program.
Libera usually goes very quiet from Christmas until spring, presumably rehearsing for their spring and summer appearances. I suspect it will be the same in early 2022, but I agree that it would be nice if they made up for lost time by scheduling something for this winter.
Don't forget about the late February one-week tours they do most years. Also, some years they do a Spring tour before the Spring concert back in England.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

I'm hearing that the Novavax vaccine is about to receive emergency approval in the U.K. This should help increase vaccine uptake among children/teens. It's strange how the U.K. will approve it before the U.S., even though it's produced in the U.S.
Luckdragon
Gold Member

Post by Luckdragon »

Now we have news of the B.1.1.529 variant and the possibility of new travel bans.

Sigh.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Luckdragon wrote: <span title="Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:32 pm">2 years ago</span> Now we have news of the B.1.1.529 variant and the possibility of new travel bans.

Sigh.
At this point, I'm not really concerned about the new strain. There's no indication of this strain being particularly bad, and all the cases in South Africa so far have been very mild. Additionally, we have a couple antivirals coming out pretty soon (Paxlovid looks particularly promising).