Ely Cathedral Concert 2020, postponed to 2022

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

andmar
Silver Member

Ely Cathedral Concert 2020, postponed to 2022

Post by andmar »

Looks like the spring concert 2020 has been announced by the Ely Cathedral. June 6th, 2020, 7:30 pm.

https://t.co/xTwy8fcqnd?amp=1

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title modification
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Spring concert 2020. Ely Cathedral, 6th June

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Nice find, thank you Adnmar :)
This 6 months ahead notice is very well welcomed 8)

Now, two concerts at Ely Cathedral ,2017 and 2018, and twice their terribly weak tickets system crashed miserably at the libera concert sale opening.
2018 being even worst than 2017.
What are the odds the Cathedral upgraded their server since, you think ? :wink:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Sadly I won't be able to make it this time. The concert falls exactly in the weekend of the First Communion service in our parish this year and I am part of the group that will prepare the children and the parents for this wonderful occasion. I will miss you all dearly - but the reason for missing out is very beautiful, and for that I am grateful :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:58 pm">4 years ago</span> Nice find, thank you Adnmar :)
This 6 months ahead notice is very well welcomed 8)

Now, two concerts at Ely Cathedral ,2017 and 2018, and twice their terribly weak tickets system crashed miserably at the libera concert sale opening.
Zero! It seems to be the same ticketing system. In fact when I tried to load the website of the 3rd party company which runs their ticketing system it was very slow to load any and all pages on their website. :roll:
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

:D Wooow! Ely Cathedral again - love, love, love, love! :D

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:58 pm">4 years ago</span> [...] twice their terribly weak tickets system crashed miserably at the libera concert sale opening.
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 pm">4 years ago</span>Zero! It seems to be the same ticketing system. In fact when I tried to load the website of the 3rd party company which runs their ticketing system it was very slow to load any and all pages on their website. :roll:
Oh no, and I was nourishing a secret hope that they left out 2019, because they were busy developing a new, perfect ticket system. Or do they in contrast try Libera concerts there, until it's finally fixed?! :roll: :wink:

Anyway, I'm happy to see Ely again, the Cathedral, the park, the cows, the river ... and perhaps Cambridge! :) And Libera. :lol:
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Now the concert is listed among other Ely Cathedral events on their web page. Thanks YukiBOL for tweeting it :D :D .

Tickets available from 5th February.

The box office was apparently migrated to another server according to the information I received after logging in. They stated, the user accounts were migrated as well and they asked to check the data correctness. Hopefully the current box office is better than the previous one, which was a disaster indeed.

https://www.elycathedral.org/events/libera-concert
ElyCathConc20200606a.JPG
ElyCathConc20200606a.JPG (149.26 KiB) Viewed 7991 times
ElyCathConc20200606a.JPG
ElyCathConc20200606a.JPG (149.26 KiB) Viewed 7991 times
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

Now the concert is officially confirmed by Libera themselves. :D
IMG_20200116_135834.jpg
IMG_20200116_135834.jpg (270.11 KiB) Viewed 7935 times
IMG_20200116_135834.jpg
IMG_20200116_135834.jpg (270.11 KiB) Viewed 7935 times
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Many thanks to Andmar for spotting the Concert dates so soon was able to reserve a room before the rush and time off work, can now look for flights plenty of notice so hope for a good deal on them. :lol: :lol:

Regards Steve
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Hello guys !

I am planning on attending this June's concert. Though on the 5ft of February I will not only be working but I might be away from wifi all day since I won't be at home.
Does someone know at what hour the tickets will go on sale ? And does someone know for sure they will be there ? If so, do you very kind amazing friends think you could get me a premium seat, which I will obviously pay you for :D ? I would be forever in your debt of course...

Hope to see you soon !
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:58 pm">4 years ago</span> Hello guys !

I am planning on attending this June's concert. Though on the 5ft of February I will not only be working but I might be away from wifi all day since I won't be at home.
Does someone know at what hour the tickets will go on sale ? And does someone know for sure they will be there ? If so, do you very kind amazing friends think you could get me a premium seat, which I will obviously pay you for :D ? I would be forever in your debt of course...

Hope to see you soon !
Well, I can make no promises because I have never got decent tickets through the online system yet but if I'm able I'll try and get an extra ticket.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:20 pm">4 years ago</span>
Padmachou wrote: <span title="Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:58 pm">4 years ago</span> Hello guys !

Hope to see you soon !
Well, I can make no promises because I have never got decent tickets through the online system yet but if I'm able I'll try and get an extra ticket.
Thank you very much Yorkie ! Let's see if the time is announced later, but I will dearly appreciate your help indeed !
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Not sure it was already said: the time for the tickets sale opening on Wednesday Feb 5th is 14:00 UK time.

The time is now visible on the Ely Cathedral event page:
https://www.elycathedral.org/events/libera-concert

Good luck to everyone :)
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Thank you for the warning Fan_de_LoK !
Everything is booked already for Ely, train, room for the night... All I need is a good ticket now !
Change of plans at work : I will probably be able to book my own ticket !

EDIT : NOPE. They changed my schedule again. Won't be there for the rush.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

There is now a tiny, tiny chance that I might be able to come to the Ely concert after all. But I won't be able to go online when the ticket sale starts. I'll wait and see what happens. In any case, good luck everyone with the oncoming race :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Mr W

Post by Mr W »

Wow that was “exciting”. The portal worked but the tickets went at lightning speed.

I have ended up with two spare premium tickets, send me a PM if you want them, they are G7 and G8. (aisle seat on right and one seat in from aisle), I think thats 5 rows from front as A and B rows don’t exist. If no one here wants them I will try to take my parents but they are really infirm now and don’t travel very well at all.

Would rather they went as a pair but feel free to express interest if you only want one.

EDIT: tickets now gone, thanks.

S.
Last edited by Mr W on Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.