Ely Cathedral Concert 2020, postponed to 2022

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Ely Cathedral 2020

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Not a surprise : the Ely Cathedral box office sent this morning an email to the tickets holders. The concert is officially rescheduled on Saturday April 24th 2021
Tickets already issued remain valid.

The Ely cathedral and libera websites have not yet been updated for that event, but it will likely be done soon.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

This time I'm not trying to reschedule train and hostel... I got a sort of refund for the train, I can book any train from now until december 2021... As for the hostels it is unclear, but I'm not sure : if they give me the choice between reschedule OR a refund (probably just a part), I might take the refund. I'm sick of rescheduling again and again.
I have got the tickets for the Libera concerts, that's the main thing. Now wait and see. Good to hear from the cathedral though !

I'm guessing if the concert in April does happen, it will be the first performance for Libera since the covid crisis. How many boys will have lost their high voices ? :? I wish we could hear them more, please Libera do an other live concert ! And I barely remember the names of the newbies from last year... And will this crisis impact the recruitement of the newbies ?
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

Will not rebook flights and cancel hotel, l would think hotels in Eli will not be a problem in April also flights to London. Will try and get something back given reason for travel has been cancelled due to Covid but at the end of the day accepted when I booked it may not go a head.
Sjh

Post by Sjh »

BA have sent a voucher for the cancelled flights all in about 10 minutes from cancelling to the voucher arriving in my in box. Well done BA only problem have to many BA vouchers and no wear to go.

Steve.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Your information was spot on :mrgreen:

LordG wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:14 pm">3 years ago</span> As I have learned from well-informed circles, the Spring Concert 2020 will again
be postponed to Saturday, April 24th, 2021. It is not official yet, but under the
given circumstances it is the better solution.

If the spring concert 2020 is already postponed to spring 2021, it can probably
be assumed that the Christmas concert 2020 will not take place either.

So the whole year 2020 is more or less a complete disaster.
LordG

Post by LordG »

I also said that the new postponement would be announced at the beginning of September.
In fact, not quite at the beginning of September. But who cares...
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

I'm wondering if there is a tiny chance for a Christmas concert meanwhile. While they would probably not allow a full audience, and this would be a bad feeling in my mind, no matter from which side I consider it. If not so, I could imagine them just doing a private performance for their families for once so that at least some live acting happens this year.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
LordG

Post by LordG »

Or an online "concert" like we already have had this year.
I think under the current circumstances a concert with live audience is highly unlikely...
All Albums (CD+Vinyl) in my possession :oops: :D
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Yes, even if a vaccine is approved by the end of this year implementation will not be instantaneous. Select groups will probably get it first followed by the general public. Furthermore a second booster injection may be needed.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

As much as I would wish for a Christmas concert I think the odds on that are zero unfortunately. Libera will not perform with any kind of a crowd this year.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Libera and Ely Cathedral have not updated their event sites yet, neither so for Aled Jones's concert, which has been postponed to 25th May, 2021. Ely hesitated with that anyway also regarding the 28th October.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

A new blow with the rising CV19 infection rate and fresh social gathering restrictions announced today by UK government. It's set to last up to 6 months... so my theory is that we'll be lucky to see the young white robes doing what they do best in concert until after that. :(
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Yes it may well be quite awhile before the boys perform again.
In all the posts we seem to have overlooked something:
For those boys just getting to the top of their game the virus has ruined their chance to share their blossoming talents with the world. Voices change quickly and after all the training and anticipation of (hopefully) soloing they may miss out. Such a shame for them.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
GlennJalmas

Post by GlennJalmas »

The impact brought by the Covid19 has been nothing but a complete disaster. I'm hoping that they'll be able to produce another virtual concert just like what they did last June.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:20 pm">3 years ago</span> A new blow with the rising CV19 infection rate and fresh social gathering restrictions announced today by UK government. It's set to last up to 6 months... so my theory is that we'll be lucky to see the young white robes doing what they do best in concert until after that. :(
:cry:

That's unfortunate. Thank you for informing us of this as those of us outside the UK may not be aware of these sorts of things - at least I wasn't.

I suppose this increases the chances for a virtual concert which everyone around the world can share in...right? :mrgreen: *fingers crossed*