New CD "Christmas with LIBERA" in 2019

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

bamboo
Silver Member

Re: New CD "Christmas with LIBERA" in 2019

Post by bamboo »

Just wondering who are the producers & instrumentalists for this album?
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

bamboo wrote: <span title="Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:08 am">4 years ago</span> Just wondering who are the producers & instrumentalists for this album?
They are all listed in the booklet. Here - from the Japanese edition.
CCWL_Staff.jpg
CCWL_Staff.jpg (265.51 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
CCWL_Staff.jpg
CCWL_Staff.jpg (265.51 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Celt

Post by Celt »

And from the UK version...
P3640993.JPG
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

The "Crossover Media" website has a nice little blurb on this album. Most of it is just the usual information seen in press releases, but it also mentions that they used "a rehearsal space in an old school" to record some tracks during their recent tour to the U.S. I wish the tour blog had given some details about that. Anyways, the web page also has a section listing radio stations that I assume will play one or more tracks from the album. The website is definitely worth exploring if you haven't already.
http://www.crossovermedia.net/artists/l ... th-libera/

In the meantime, I'm hoping that Libera will release music videos soon. The Youtube videos from their 2011 album are dated November 23rd and 28th. If they don't release anything by the end of next week, then maybe they didn't produce any videos.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

In the meantime, I'm hoping that Libera will release music videos soon. The Youtube videos from their 2011 album are dated November 23rd and 28th. If they don't release anything by the end of next week, then maybe they didn't produce any videos.
No guarantee that we will get any...but...

If I had to personally choose two contrasting video's I would want libera to film from their new Christmas Carols album it would be 1) 'Ding Dong Merrily On High' (purely from the fun aspect) and 2) probably 'Noël Nouvelet' ....although any would be warmly received.

p.s. I think this album is extremely well produced and like the songs chosen (some I've not been familiar with before) and arrangements. I'm impressed the contributions by 'Sam Coates' and hope he's involved with Libera for some time to come. Three ships has been injected with a new lease of life.

in other news... Libera's new album is the highest new entry in the official UK Classical chart... in at Number 8. That's very good considering the 'competition' and the fact 'Christmas' is not really in full throttle mode with the public at present. Hopefully it will receive a boost of interest closer to the time.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

JimmyRiddle wrote: <span title="Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 am">4 years ago</span>
No guarantee that we will get any...but...

If I had to personally choose two contrasting video's I would want libera to film from their new Christmas Carols album it would be 1) 'Ding Dong Merrily On High' (purely from the fun aspect) and 2) probably 'Noël Nouvelet' ....although any would be warmly received.

p.s. I think this album is extremely well produced and like the songs chosen (some I've not been familiar with before) and arrangements. I'm impressed the contributions by 'Sam Coates' and hope he's involved with Libera for some time to come. Three ships has been injected with a new lease of life.

in other news... Libera's new album is the highest new entry in the official UK Classical chart... in at Number 8. That's very good considering the 'competition' and the fact 'Christmas' is not really in full throttle mode with the public at present. Hopefully it will receive a boost of interest closer to the time.
Music videos aren't a guarantee, but every single Libera album (starting with "Libera") to date has had music videos associated with it. I think they would be foolish not to, unless they had a very good reason. The music videos are an important promotional tool for their albums. I agree that "Ding Dong" could make for a really fun music video. "Noel Nouvelet" would be an interesting choice, because there are so many shifts in the music from one verse to the next. I still think "Do you Hear What I Hear" could make for an interesting video. Do you think Libera would dare make a music video for "Walking in the Air"? The song is so closely associated with "The Snowman", but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a music video.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

You would of thought if they had filmed music videos you would of already seen them as they are a tool to promote the album. The album has already been out for a month in Japan for example and no hint of a music video.

My best hope is they go on QVC or something and do some performances that way.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:40 pm">4 years ago</span> You would of thought if they had filmed music videos you would of already seen them as they are a tool to promote the album. The album has already been out for a month in Japan for example and no hint of a music video.

Releasing a Christmas music video in late October would've been rather strange, so I don't agree with that. Anyways, the 2011 Christmas Album was released November 1st, two weeks earlier than the international release of this album, and they still didn't release the videos until Nov. 23rd and 28th.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Maybe some live videos from an upcoming concert?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:40 pm">4 years ago</span> You would of thought if they had filmed music videos you would of already seen them as they are a tool to promote the album. The album has already been out for a month in Japan for example and no hint of a music video.

Agreed. They seem to post music videos in advance of an album being released rather than afterwards. I think that music videos are unlikely unless they have been holding off so as to have one coincide with the Christmas season as bachmahlerfan suggests. They usually drop hints of making or preparing such videos on social media. Have there been any such hints? I am unable to call any to mind at the present.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:10 pm">4 years ago</span>

Agreed. They seem to post music videos in advance of an album being released rather than afterwards. I think that music videos are unlikely unless they have been holding off so as to have one coincide with the Christmas season as bachmahlerfan suggests. They usually drop hints of making or preparing such videos on social media. Have there been any such hints? I am unable to call any to mind at the present.

Nope no hints at all which is why I don’t think they have done this.

Also with Japan releases they normally add the videos to make it more marketable. For example For The Future and other such cases where they have released media with the cds.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

dani wrote: <span title="Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:51 pm">4 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:10 pm">4 years ago</span>

Nope no hints at all which is why I don’t think they have done this.

Also with Japan releases they normally add the videos to make it more marketable. For example For The Future and other such cases where they have released media with the cds.
Thanks. Good point about Japanese videos too as this lends further credence to your theory.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Libera 'hinted' in a tweet yesterday that they were busy with lots of
festive related work including 'TV filming'...

Today's BBC released their 'Christmas religious programming schedule' and ....
On Christmas Night, 25 December
As Christmas Day draws to a close, a well-known personality tells the story of the first Christmas, from Luke's Gospel, when angels appeared to shepherds to proclaim the news of the birth of Jesus. Followed by a performance of the beautiful Basque carol, Sing Lullaby, by internationally acclaimed boys' choir, Libera.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Very exciting! :D Thank you for finding this information.
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Well, it's looking less likely that they will produce music videos, although they could surprise us yet. I trust they are making the best use of the money available to them. I'm not really big on music videos, I just want Libera to get as much exposure as possible in order to gain more fans. I hope the article in the Times helped, although I wonder if most of the readers might be too snobbish to take Libera seriously.