New CD "Christmas with LIBERA" in 2019

Talk about Libera CD/DVD

Moderator: Moderators

bachmahlerfan

Re: New Christmas CD in 2019

Post by bachmahlerfan »

If you were to pick two or three tracks from this album that are most likely to be made into music videos, which ones would they be? Of course, Robert told somebody that the non-Japan version would have 17 tracks, so it's possible there may be two additional Christmas songs. We can give special recognition to the person who chooses the right songs.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:58 am">4 years ago</span> If you were to pick two or three tracks from this album that are most likely to be made into music videos, which ones would they be? Of course, Robert told somebody that the non-Japan version would have 17 tracks, so it's possible there may be two additional Christmas songs. We can give special recognition to the person who chooses the right songs.
I think that the French song and "Ding Dong Merrily" would be good choices as they would be good click-bait on YouTube. Maybe the 3 ships song too.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:10 am">4 years ago</span>
Yorkie wrote: <span title="Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:40 pm">4 years ago</span>
Surpinto wrote: <span title="Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:27 pm">4 years ago</span>

Thank you for finding this out. Excluding the special songs that they have sung and recorded in specific languages because of recording arrangements or tours in specific countries, they seem to limit themselves to English and Latin exclusively. There is of course the use of Irish on "Wexford Carol" so exceptions exist no doubt, but I am still surprised because that is not their usual approach. With that annotation being said I couldn't care less what language it is recorded in as I am sure that it will sound great! :D
Well, actually Wexford Carol was first performed in Ireland for the Christmas DVD so....
True, but they added an additional verse in Irish when it was released the second time a few years later.... :wink:
Well, rearranged would be more accurate - for the DVD Isaac sang the first verse in Gaelic and on the version on the EP it appeared in the middle of the song - but they definitely sang in Gaelic in Ireland on the first version of the song that they performed. I have a nagging feeling that there is another song that Isaac did but can't find it so I think I'm making that up! Anyway, it doesn't really change your point does it which is (mostly) right :wink:

If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:12 pm">4 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:58 am">4 years ago</span> If you were to pick two or three tracks from this album that are most likely to be made into music videos, which ones would they be? Of course, Robert told somebody that the non-Japan version would have 17 tracks, so it's possible there may be two additional Christmas songs. We can give special recognition to the person who chooses the right songs.
I think that the French song and "Ding Dong Merrily" would be good choices as they would be good click-bait on YouTube. Maybe the 3 ships song too.
I'm thinking that "Do You Hear What I Hear" and "What Child is This" could work well. "What Child is This" has a certain atmosphere/mood to it which I think could make a good music video. I'm not exactly sure how a music video for "Do You Hear What I Hear" would be like, but I think it's message makes it an intriguing choice (written at the height of the Cold War). I'm not sure about "I Saw Three Ships", only because I don't know how they would include the ships in the video. It may have been a more likely option before Robert parted ways with Songs of Praise.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Yorkie wrote: <span title="Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:21 pm">4 years ago</span> Well, rearranged would be more accurate - for the DVD Isaac sang the first verse in Gaelic and on the version on the EP it appeared in the middle of the song - but they definitely sang in Gaelic in Ireland on the first version of the song that they performed. I have a nagging feeling that there is another song that Isaac did but can't find it so I think I'm making that up! Anyway, it doesn't really change your point does it which is (mostly) right :wink:
Rearranged is indeed more accurate. The Irish part in the second recording is longer however which is why I mistakenly said that they "added" a verse. After our exchange, I was curious about this and so I had a listen to both versions. The following is what was sung on both recordings in Irish and in blue is what he sung only on the second recording.
Ó, tagaig' uile is adhraigí
An leanbh cneasta sa chró 'na luí
Is cuimhnígí ar ghrá an Rí
A thug dár saoradh anocht an Naí.
'S a Mhuire Mháthair i bParrthas Dé,
Ar chlann bhocht Éabha guigh 'nois go caomh,
Is doras an chró ná dún go deo
Go n-adhram' feasta Mac Mhuire Ógh
Good stuff and a great Isaac solo for sure.
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:07 am">4 years ago</span> I'm thinking that "Do You Hear What I Hear" and "What Child is This" could work well. "What Child is This" has a certain atmosphere/mood to it which I think could make a good music video. I'm not exactly sure how a music video for "Do You Hear What I Hear" would be like, but I think it's message makes it an intriguing choice (written at the height of the Cold War). I'm not sure about "I Saw Three Ships", only because I don't know how they would include the ships in the video. It may have been a more likely option before Robert parted ways with Songs of Praise.
I think that they could manage it. They managed that ship scene on "America the Beautiful"! :D

filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

Surpinto wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:23 pm">4 years ago</span>
bachmahlerfan wrote: <span title="Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:07 am">4 years ago</span> I'm thinking that "Do You Hear What I Hear" and "What Child is This" could work well. "What Child is This" has a certain atmosphere/mood to it which I think could make a good music video. I'm not exactly sure how a music video for "Do You Hear What I Hear" would be like, but I think it's message makes it an intriguing choice (written at the height of the Cold War). I'm not sure about "I Saw Three Ships", only because I don't know how they would include the ships in the video. It may have been a more likely option before Robert parted ways with Songs of Praise.
I think that they could manage it. They managed that ship scene on "America the Beautiful"! :D

A video doesn't necessarily have to transform the lyrics into pictures and action that concretely. A creative person can certainly find something in other ways, too, to support the meaning of the lyrics; so that would be no reason not to produce a video of a song. It's more the question how suitable the atmosphere of the music is to be selected for a video, I think.

But well, I should not meddle. :lol: If they give us a performance video, very fine! :D If it's a story, a play, I don't care for it.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Having a new CD being Christmas themed, I nurtured the hope for Libera to have the opportunity to sing a song on a large exposed media, such as the yearly Songs of Praise 'Big Sing' event. Last times they participated to this show were in 2013 and 2017 at the Royal Albert Hall.

But the hope for a new 'Big Sing' participation in 2019 has been cooled, I read the recording will occur in Belfast. The costs for transport and accomodation make libera presence unlikely I think.

Perhaps a participation with Catherine Jenkins, at her concert at the R.A.H. on December 12th ?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

Good thought! I hope that they do much to promote the new CD and get the money rolling in. If they get lucky, as they did in 2013 when they were on Jay leno, and can get on a show like that I bet the network would cover some or all of their costs. Not super likely, but why not if it happened before? :D
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

So we know that the Japanese version will be released on 16th October, but we still have no date for the international release or have I overlooked something?
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

filiarheni wrote: <span title="Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:09 pm">4 years ago</span> So we know that the Japanese version will be released on 16th October, but we still have no date for the international release or have I overlooked something?
You are correct. I did not see anything available by Libera for preorder on Amazon or elsewhere.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The Western version is likely to be released after the Japan version, meaning somewhere in November.

This Summer at the fans M&G in St Louis, Robert said the CD will have 17 tracks.
But as we know, the Japanese version will have 15 tracks + 3 bonus.
I wonder if that number of 17 is correct and applies to the Western version to come, or if it is something that changed over time.
andmar
Silver Member

Post by andmar »

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:01 pm">4 years ago</span> The Western version is likely to be released after the Japan version, meaning somewhere in November.
It's not always so, that the Japanese version comes out before the international one. "Beyond" is an example. I hope, we won't have to wait until November for the new Christmas CD to be released internationally.

fan_de_LoK wrote: <span title="Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:01 pm">4 years ago</span> This Summer at the fans M&G in St Louis, Robert said the CD will have 17 tracks.
But as we know, the Japanese version will have 15 tracks + 3 bonus.
I wonder if that number of 17 is correct and applies to the Western version to come, or if it is something that changed over time.
Yes, I remember Robert telling us about 17 tracks. Maybe things have changed since then. They did record some last bits for the CD during the US tour, so maybe the track list wasn't fully certain at that time yet. Just speculating. :D :D
bachmahlerfan

Post by bachmahlerfan »

According to the "Music from the Tower" interview with Robert Prizeman and members of Libera, "O Little Town of Bethlehem" will also be on the album. It's not the "Forest Green" tune typically sung in the UK, but the American tune by Lewis Redner.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Deleted as totally wrong on the launch :mrgreen:
Last edited by dani on Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

We now have a title for the new CD as well as other information about the album courtesy of Libera Records ! "Christmas with Libera".

We also have a complete song list plus soloists too. Biggest surprises for me in terms of solos which were unexpected/unknown are Luca on "Walking in the Air" and Daniel and Ben on "What Child is This". Sounds like those songs work perfectly for those boys ranges.

01. The angel Gabriel
Music – Traditional Arranged – Robert Prizeman
Words – Traditional – English paraphrase – Sabine Baring–Gould
Solo – Victor Wiggin

02. In dulci jubilo
Music – Traditional Arranged – Robert Prizeman Words – Traditional

03. Do you hear what I hear / Do you hear what I hear
Music – Gloria Shayne Arranged – Robert Prizeman Words – Noel Regney

04. In the bleak mid–winter
Music – Gustav Holst Words – Christina Rossetti Arranged – Robert Prizeman
Solo – Dominik Clarke

05. Ding dong merrily on high
Music – Traditional Arranged – Sam Coates Words – George Woodward

06. Sing lullaby (The infant King)
Music – Traditional Arranged – Sam Coates Words – Sabine Baring–Gould
Solo – Dominik Clarke

07. I saw three ships
Music – Traditional Arranged – Sam Coates Words – Traditional

08. Walking in the air
Music – Howard Blake Arranged – Robert Prizeman Words – Howard Blake
Solo – Luca Brugnoli

09. Once in royal David's city
Music – Henry Gauntlett Arranged – Robert Prizeman Words – Cecil Frances Alexander
Solos – Victor Wiggin, Daniel White & Mathias Montoro

10. Carol of the bells
Music – M Leontovych Arranged – Robert Prizeman

11. O little town of Bethlehem
Music – Lewis Redner Arranged – Robert Prizeman Words – Phillips Brooks Tune 'St Louis'
Solo – Oliver Watt–Rodriguez

12. Poor little Jesus
Solo – Luca Brugnoli

13. Noël nouvelet
Solos – Victor Wiggin, Oliver Watt–Rodriguez & Neo Parson

14. Silent night
Music – Franz Gruber Arranged – Robert Prizeman Words – Joseph Mohr
Solos – Luca Brugnoli, Benedict Bywater, Mathias Montoro, Victor Wiggin & Dominik Clarke

15. What child is this
Music – Traditional Arranged – Robert Prizeman Words – William Chatterton Dix
Solos – Daniel White & Benedict Bywater

16. Wexford carol
Music – Traditional Arranged – Robert Prizeman Words – Traditional (Carúl Loch Garman)
Solo – Tadhg Fitzgerald

17. Gaudete
Music – Traditional Arranged – Robert Prizeman Words – Traditional
Solo – Samuel–Francis Collins

Special Tracks
18. Tomorrow-for the future
Music, Words & Produced – Seiji Kameda Arranged – Robert Prizeman
Solos – Oliver Watt–Rodriguez, Daniel White, Koji Shinokubo, Oliver Mycka, Mathias Montoro & Victor Wiggin

19. Headlight / Taillight (Vocaliz) (TBS Sunday Theater “Shitamachi Rocket” in the play)
Music – Miyuki Nakajima Arranged – Takayuki Hattori & Robert Prizeman

20. Angel Miracle / Angel (Universal Studios Japan® “Universal Wonder Christmas” tie-up song)
Music – Takatsugu Muramatsu Arranged – Takatsugu Muramatsu & Robert Prizeman
Words – Robert Prizeman
Solo – Isaac London